Sign in to follow this  
Dade

LaKisha and Jennifer

s18_bio_kisha_jennifer.jpg

LaKisha and Jennifer

Name (Age): LaKisha Hoffman (30)

Hometown: Chicago, Ill. but currently residing in the Bronx, N. Y.

Connection to your Teammate: Sister

Current Occupation: Basketball Coach

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Leaving our bags at the dock.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: EVERY moment! But, seeing my sister overcome her fear and complete the swimming challenge was great.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Thailand, it was very beautiful and the scenery was so peaceful.

Why do you want to run the Race again? We want another chance to prove that we have what it takes to win!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? Having experienced as much as we did during our last race, it has given me a greater appreciation for life.

What are you passionate about? Life, God, children, sports, academic enrichment and social justice - anything to better the lives of underserved children and families.

People would be surprised to learn: I added this to my bucket list just so I could check it off.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Surprise me!

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I guess we will find this out.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I hope to create many more exciting memories.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Her rudeness.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I will pay off all my debts!

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We will work smarter and harder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Jennifer Hoffman (26)

Hometown: Chicago, Ill. but residing in Louisville, Ky.

Connection to your Teammate: Sister

Current Occupation: Assistant Volleyball Coach at the University of Louisville

Previous Season/Result: Season 14/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I didn't communicate some of my ideas with certainty in the previous race and I didn't communicate enough with the other Racers.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Knowing that the entire race brought a clearer understanding of who my sister is and her mood. Also, visiting Thailand and the Phuket Zoo was very memorable.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: It's a toss up between Thailand and India. The people seemed so free and happy with what they had.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I want redemption, I want to win and I want to see more areas of the world I wouldn't get to see otherwise.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I've slowed down and instead of just doing and thinking later, I think more strategically.

What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about motivating and pushing people to accomplish things they think they can't. That's why I love coaching.

People would be surprised to learn: My guilty pleasure is all the Housewives shows on Bravo!

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: I would love to visit Brazil because I've never been there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: I think we've gotten over our communication issues and I now know what bothers her. But, I believe we'll still battle with certain issues and her mood swings.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Her nervous giggle and mood swings.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I'd go back to school for fashion design and open my own business.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We will communicate more with other contestants and not be so isolated.

CBS

I don't remember if I liked them or not. They look familiar, but I don't remember anything about them from their season.

They were annoying, and they got the boot because the one of them had to stop to pee!!!

OOOOHHHHH, now I do remember that! hahaha hope they don't last long this time.

I'm rooting for them again this season. I would have peed my pants and apologized later. I'll find it interesting to see how they (and all the racers) have changed, or not, since the last time they ran the race.

I remember I didn't like them but can't remember why.....animated_scratchchin.gif

I remember I didn't like them but can't remember why.....animated_scratchchin.gif

I don't remember either, just that I was so happy when they got eliminated. Hoping for a big old water challenge soon to take them out before they start annoying me again!

Was it regarding a comment made about Luke?

Although I didn't appreciate the comment, I don't hold it against her/them, as it was "in the heat of battle" (and it's not like he HEARD it! LOL) Plenty of worse things that could have been said.

Was it regarding a comment made about Luke?

Although I didn't appreciate the comment, I don't hold it against her/them, as it was "in the heat of battle" (and it's not like he HEARD it! LOL) Plenty of worse things that could have been said.

Not the comment last night - she actually sounded somewhat apologetic. It reminded me though that in their season there were a couple of different incidents. And HE might not have heard comments, but his mama hears just fine! :gunsmilie:

Well, I hope they last a little longer, just to put their recent swimming lessons to the test in an Amazing Race task. About the only thing I remember from them in their original season was how badly they did in the pool.

P.s. I can't swim (to save my life. Literally)

Yeah, I remember that episode of them swimming.. poor girls, I actually felt bad for them... I also remember her calling luke that, but I didnt feel bad.. I dont dislike margie and luke anymore, but they were pretty bad in their season.

Really?? What made Margie and Luke so bad for you the first time? I rather liked them.

It just seemed like Margie was always talking about how everybody was out to get Luke for being deaf.. and they were just always so whinny..

-So far this season they have been very enjoyable. Although I saw the preview for next week and luke is crying and saying "it's too hard", which is exactly why i didnt like them last time.

---

But I find myself liking Kisha and Jenn more and more everyweek, they arent at Cowboys, or "Mallory" status yet (my two favorites), they are moving up to the #3 spot.

It just seemed like Margie was always talking about how everybody was out to get Luke for being deaf.. and they were just always so whinny..

-So far this season they have been very enjoyable. Although I saw the preview for next week and luke is crying and saying "it's too hard", which is exactly why i didnt like them last time.

---

But I find myself liking Kisha and Jenn more and more everyweek, they arent at Cowboys, or "Mallory" status yet (my two favorites), they are moving up to the #3 spot.

I thought you were a fan of the redheads?

My top 3 were the cowboys, mallory, and the redheads... they are gone now, so the sisters have moved up to #3.

Not opening that Snapple Iced Tea could really have been a downfall.

I remember the under-the-bottle-cap clue being done before (just not which season), and how one team (or more than one team) didn't figure out they had to open it right away either. You'd think that since all of this season's contestants have played before, they would have studied up just a little by watching any previous seasons they may have missed.

Not opening that Snapple Iced Tea could really have been a downfall.

I remember the under-the-bottle-cap clue being done before (just not which season), and how one team (or more than one team) didn't figure out they had to open it right away either. You'd think that since all of this season's contestants have played before, they would have studied up just a little by watching any previous seasons they may have missed.

I was thinking the same thing!

I was laughing during the whole thing... especially when she said "I'm about to drink this snapple"

:party_smilie:

Congratulations to Jen and Kisha!! Extra special that they won on Mother's Day since they're going to use the money to help their mother open a business.

Well, they were not a very exciting team to watch, but they did it.

They were a pretty consistent team, never winning a leg, but also never coming in next-to-last (the last to depart on the next leg, after an elimination.

They finished 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 6th (out of 8), 3rd, 4th (out of 6), 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st.

Like they said on the mat, they didn't mind not having won any previous legs, they just wanted to win when it counts - in the end.

it would have been nice to win some of those legs that zev and justin won...