Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kent and Vyxsin

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
oh man.. they fight soo much.. if it werent for the globtrotters or zev and justin, they would be my least favorite team!

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,812 posts
Kudos to Kent for not throwing fuel on the fire. (Well, not TOO much! LOL)
Otherwise, I could just see a crowd of Austrians gathered around while Kent's pink-haired partner rained down a flurry of vicious blows upon her scrawny submissive male.

And they were correct during their final interview of the episode about having their best finish.
However, there are way less teams now than when the race started.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
if this team were two vyxsins they would finish top 3 every time.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

if this team were two vyxsins they would finish top 3 every time.

Nah, don't think so. She gets rattled easily with certain tasks - in particular the "needle in a haystack" kind of tasks. I do like her much better than Kent, but she is far from my fave contestant.

stevea11

stevea11

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,686 posts
Finally they're gone, and because of a penalty too! Fitting I say. :fish:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

Finally they're gone, and because of a penalty too! Fitting I say. :fish:

Oh HAPPY Day!!!! :party_smilie:

Mendes56

Mendes56

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,462 posts
I am sooo glad Kent is gone!!! He was extra obnoxious this episode.

:animated_wave: Buh-bye!!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
He's just about useless- "put my hood up, I can't reach it", "carry my pack, it's too heavy", and on and on and on and on --all in that nasally obnoxious voice. Did I mention I am SO glad he is gone (and Vyxsin too for putting up with and enabling his crapola).

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,812 posts
Indeed.
I was always a fan, but these last few legs (and most especially this final one) have changed my opinion.
Vyxsin is no saint, but compared to Kent she sure is. I don't know how she can put up with him.
That whole sequence of "oven" comments (it's a freezer, and you can stop telling me, dammit!)
And how he was the one who grabbed the clue and read it, then blames her for missing the "on foot" part, as well as all the comments in the cab about how they shouldn't wonder why no one else is taking a cab.
His worst sin, in my opinion, was how he repeatedly suggested to other teams that they work together on tasks, then as soon as he got what he needed, he would cut them loose and betray them. Not very nice!

Luckily, going back to where they grabbed the cab, then hiking back up would have taken them more than 30 minutes, so they had no choice but to wait it out.
I am fairly certain that if they HAD hiked up as they were supposed to, Zev and Justin would have passed them and beat them to the pit stop anyway.
(Especially if Vyxsin had to lug both backpacks due to a frail Kent.)

I still admire Vyxsin's positive attitude, but it is starting to look a little like the reason she lets Kent push her around is precisely because of that attitude.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I really wanted to punch him last episode, and was soooooooooo glad that their penalty cost them the game and that Zev and Justin are still in it!!!

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
I think that it is called enabling.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I didnt want them to win, but i sure did like the entertainment value that they brought.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,812 posts
So, apparently Kent broke a rib and sprained his ankle during the dinosaur skeleton challenge, but said nothing to the crew for fear of being discharged from the race for medical reasons.

I have no official source for this information as of yet, but have read this on the CBS Amazing Race forum.
I will post a source when I find one.

(But anyone else who has a link to an official source is welcome to post a link to it here.)

While not excusing his behaviour after this incident, it does explain why he was extra-Kentish afterward.
And why Vyxsin was more understanding than anyone thought she should be.

Guest_SDFan_*

Guest_SDFan_*
  • Guests
I've had the chance to enjoy the Amazing Race from a perspective that many don't have the chance too, I actually dated one of TAR's chief editors. And I can tell you firsthand that Kent & Vyxsin were given the "hatchet job" edit of a lifetime....in order to protect the "sanctity" of the Final 3 Teams.

For example - when the TV show showed us "Kent ditching Gary", Kent had actually already showed Gary where the Final Man was located....and told Gary "Hey man, I'm outta here we pick up that last paper, you know where the last man is right?"

The guy I dated, who will remain nameless to protect his job, said he was told by the story-editors to BURY Kent & Vyxsin while PROTECTING teams like the Globetrotter and Gary/Mallory - who believe it or not also DID fight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users