Gary and Mallory

s18_bio_greg_mallory.jpg

Gary and Mallory

Name (Age): Gary Ervin (53)

Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.

Connection to your Teammate: Father

Current Occupation: Owner of Ervin Cable Construction

Previous Season/Result: Season 17/6th Place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Getting lost in Oman.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: It was very memorable getting second three legs in a row. It was nice in Norway and Sweden because we had a comfortable lead and could relax a little and look around.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: St. Petersburg, Russia. It was a beautiful city with great people. Plus, it wasn't 100 degrees outside.

Why do you want to run the Race again? All of the same reasons as before except we want to win this time.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I'm better prepared physically and mentally.

What are you passionate about? My family, my work, my faith, fitness and now, The Amazing Race!

People would be surprised to learn: I ran 13 marathons and a half Ironman triathlon after I turned 45.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia, I've never been and I like the spirit of the people that I have met from there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: To relax and enjoy the moment and not miss the beauty of what we are running through.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): Meet new people, see new places and be the last team standing.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She talks too much.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Give it away.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Let Mallory drive more. She is a more aggressive driver and I am a better navigator. We are also only going to bring one backpack with less than twenty pounds for both of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Mallory Ervin (25)

Hometown: Morganfield, Ky.

Connection to your Teammate: Daughter

Current Occupation: Entertainer

Previous Season/Result: Season 17/6th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not turning around earlier in Oman.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Finishing the bicycle rim challenge in Ghana and moving from last place to second place.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: I loved the Arctic Circle, especially the first half in Sweden. We were so hot and tired after racing two legs in Ghana, so the weather was perfect. I loved the snow.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I want to continue what we started last season and make it to the end. I also want to be the first parent-child team to win.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? It hasn't been that long, but my occupation has changed. I was the reigning Miss Kentucky during the last race, but my year of service has ended so things aren't as crazy and hectic this time. I am able to focus more on the Race and I've grown even more excited about it this time.

What are you passionate about? Performing, my family, my faith and striving to be a positive role model.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia! I've never been, but I know I would love it there. I think my dad and I would fit right in with the people there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: To enjoy it more than we did last time. That will be a challenge because we loved it so much. We also need to work on our patience with each other.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I hope to see my dad standing proud and fulfilled at the finish line.

Pet peeve about your teammate: My dad is laid back and moves a little slower than me. My pet peeve is when he takes a long time to get his thoughts out and I'm already onto the next thing.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would give some of it to the Catholic school that I attended growing up. I would use the rest of the money to begin my life and career.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I need to let my dad navigate more. He's definitely better at that. We also need to remember how strong we are.

CBS

It's not that I dislike them, but I find her (especially her voice, and her random way of praying) annoying.

I understand what you mean, SugarB. My bf doesn't understand why I like her either. lol I just think she's too adorable for words. :heart2:

haha. i love this team.. i love how phil kept telling them to leave and keep going.. shes just too cute.

Her constant smile drives me nuts. She probably smiles from ear to ear at funerals.... just sayin

I don't hate them in any way, but if she were my Amazing Race partner and kept trying to lead in that "chicken with its head chopped off" seemingly random directionless way, we would have a serious problem.

she is just the most precious thing on this race.. it's kinda a relief from all the stress the others bring.

Mallory is NOT how I spell relief! The grumpy old chinese man was right about her at least - she runs around with no particular plan or knowledge - just run and something will happen!

Her aimless running seems to have worked out at least ok for her and her dad so far. She beat Ron and Christina! :P

It shocked me, kinda, that he liked St. Petersburg because what he says about it is true so I like him more than I did. I was totally unprepared for its gasping beauty AND for its absolutely gorgeous women everywhere.

I would have followed her though.. they saw the other teams (who were ahead of them) run that way, and they never came back.. so obviously they found the right place...

I love this team!

Mallory is just always so joyful, I love it.. I hope they finish this next leg in first.

FINALLY, I figured out who she's been reminding me of this whole time!

CHERI O'TERI (from Saturday Night Live)

cherioteri.jpgd9eac60afc52433e80885f6.jpg04951014.jpg

Thanks Gary and Mallory.

I wanted you guys to win and it was a pleasure to watch an actual team. You both worked hard and supported each other and i never saw you guys snap or put each other down.

I think you did win in the end in your own right. How cool for you guys and father and daughter to do a once...well make that twice in a lifetime experience.

Hope you get to run it again.

I would love for this team to come back again!

i love how gary said he would do it again if he could (hint hint).

i wanted them to win, but since they didnt, lakisha and jen were a good choice.

Guest 6Borders

I really wanted them to win and they might have except for a bad-luck-of-the-draw taxi driver. If they could not win I'm glad the sisters did!

I really wanted them to win and they might have except for a bad-luck-of-the-draw taxi driver. If they could not win I'm glad the sisters did!

I was really hoping they would win, too. I just love them! I was really happy for them making the final 3 though, I bet not many people thought they could make it that far.