Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jeff Probst's Blog

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,253 posts
Jeff just loves to remind us of his love of the rain :)

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
The harder the better :sigh

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,527 posts

[size="2"]
Survivor Redemption Island Episode 2 blog 2/23/11
by
jeff.probst on February 24, 2011

The rain at tribal came out of nowhere. It's going to happen a lot this season. Thankfully tribal is covered otherwise they would have been drenched. The rain was, as Matt said, literally blowing sideways. If you know me at all, you know I LOVE it when it rains. The harder the better.

It's gooooooood!

www.jeffprobst.com

:lookaround:

The harder the better :sigh

AHAHA I just bolded the same thing then noticed you had quoted it. Dirty minds think alike I guess!! :animated_rotfl:

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Omg!! That is terrible, but so good all at the same time!!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
[size="2"]by jeff.probst on[color="#999999"] March 3, 2011

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Survivor Redemption Island Episode 4 Blog 3/10/11

AN ERA ENDS

It's still settling in. Russell is gone. The evil, tattooed, sock stealing, water dumping, idol finding Survivor gnome is gone. His reign is over.

For any of you who are already frustrated that I'm going to dedicate most of this blog to Russell, you might as well stop reading.

This time, let's skip the beginning and save that for the end

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
And thank you Jeff for signing on for two more seasons!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Survivor: Redemption Island Episode 5 3/16/11

First off

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,527 posts
I swear, if they switch up the tribes and screw Rob, I am gonna be so pissed. I want them to leave these tribes alone and watch Zapatera lose one after another challenge and be so far outnumbered when they merge that they get picked off one by one. Just sayin....

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Me too sugar. So cheering for Rob it isn't even funny.

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,253 posts
Me three!

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
me four

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
me 5!!!!!!!!

Guest_6Borders_*

Guest_6Borders_*
  • Guests
If it screws up Boston Rob's game and takes him down a peg and/or sends him packing I'm all for a shake-up...however, I think this is all Jeff's "Survivor Speak", trying to hype up the show, product integration (it does not always have to be a business or commodity...Survivor contestants are "products" in themselves, obviously) and all...and it's just that...hype...and will not happen!!!

Survivor made a bold move with Redemption Island and it's working, mostly cos the right guy went out first (just my opinion). I think the Rob/Russell thing was/is a big flop (again probably in the minority, but heck, I don't make my living producing this show, and I can watch something else if I don't like it)!

All they have to bank ($$) on now is Rob and the rest of the goof-balls in awe of him (which I still don't get), and if Jeff came over to my house I would smack him upside the head and tell him so and probably still be gracious enough to fix him food (tho he'd have to go out to the garden and get it first...Survivor ya know!!!). Enough is enough bringing ppl back...move on Probst!!!

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,028 posts
I am actually cheering for Rob this season, last time, not so much..
I think it's his time to win though.I believe he is the best play to never win.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 13,036 posts
The foreshadowing in Jeff's blog seems to be overwhelming in the direction that Matt will finally lose the Redemption Island challenge.
I hope not, because I'm rooting for the guy. But luck eventually run out on us all, and if it's his time, so be it.

As for Rob, I hope he makes it to the merge, because I'd like to see if he can "Jedi mind trick" his way into making himself invisible as a target.
(These are not the droids you are looking for.)
Otherwise, he'll be one of the first three to go once it's an individual game, if the rest of them know what's good for them.
(Good luck, Boston Rob!)

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Survivor: Redemption Island Episode 6 3/23/11
by jeff.probst

PREVIOUSLY ON

The "Previously On" is always edited by Eric Gardner and it's interesting to me how much they have evolved over the many years. I sometimes battle with him over these becoming too soap operaish, but I am so happy with his great storytelling. These two minute stories always remind the audience of everything they need to know before the start of a new episode. It truly is an art in and of itself.

REDEMPTION ISLAND

RI is starting to feel like Matt's house. He now has a big home court advantage because he is so comfortable on the island and at the Arena. It's like a sports team that has been to the finals taking on a team that has not been to the finals. The experience is often the difference.

RELIGION ON REDEMPTION

The religious aspect of Redemption Island is not something we ever anticipated when we called it Redemption Island. Having a religious and very likable person like Matt last this long in the first season of RI was a fascinating development. It brings an entirely new texture to the island and one that has a lot of people in the church community talking.

BIBLE

The Bible was Krista's choice for her luxury item. We gave them their luxury items when they arrived at Redemption Island because we knew they would be lonely and might need a pick me up. We did not plan it or decide on it because we thought it would give us extra story from Krista and Matt. It was already laid out.

I respect people who have faith in whatever brings them comfort and security.

When Krista gave her bible to Matt I was moved. It had nothing to do with my thoughts about the Bible. It was the human kindness shown in a game that rarely sees the good side of people. Despite losing and being out of the game for good, Krista still had the presence of heart to think about helping out Matt.

ANDREA GETS JEALOUS?

Man this game is tough. Matt is alone on Redemption, battling as hard as he can to stay alive. A competitor gives him a Bible on her way out and as a result, his one ally in the game, gets jealous and turns on him. WTF? Were they going steady? Did I miss the engagement? It was a Bible, not a love note. Man. Survivor is a tough game.

IN DEFENSE OF THE SPA DAY

Spa days and other seemingly mindless, wastes of time that seem to consume the girls days of late

stevea11

stevea11

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,904 posts
Not sure which one I enjoy more, Jeff's blog or Snarkfest by Stimpy on Reality TV

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Survivor: Redemption Island Episode 7 3/30/11
by jeff.probst on March 31, 2011 ·

Thanks again to everybody that tweeted with me last night. If you're still not on board, you should join us on Twitter at @JeffProbst. We're having a fun conversation in " the interactive living room" and a great shared experience.

Okay onto last night's episode

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 13,036 posts
Thanks, pinkie!

[quote name='pinkie' date='31 March 2011 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1301597075' post='698180']ROB OFFERS A CLUE TO THE GODS

Rob tossing the clue for the idol into the active volcano was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. All credit goes to Rob for that one. He could have just tossed it before getting back on the helicopter, but instead he saw the opportunity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users