Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Jeff Probst's Blog (plus discussion)

Let's not forget that Russell said he knows that the heroes think that there is a "women's alliance" on the villain's tribe and is ready to take advantage of that. I'm sure that's why he voted for Courtney. It was a safe vote. He knew that Coach was going and that it would leave him the only male. I'll repeat- He said so very openly and directly that he wants the heroes to think there's a women's alliance. Now he can say after the merge to the hero's tribe that he knows about the alliance and tried to get rid of one of the women.

And the previews seem to back this up with JT saying he'd give the idol to Russell if he were in danger. And this leads to a colossal mistake on JT's part.

Anyway- that's what I got out of last night's episode

Excellent deduction! It totally makes sense. Unfortunately, there is no way he can prove to them that he voted for Courtney since they didn't see the footage until the same time we did. They'd just have to take his word for it...which they probably will. If the women had any sense at all they'd grab that thought and run with it! Why not have a woman's alliance if the numbers are there at the merge? If it ended up being Parvati, Sandra, Courtney, Amanda, Danielle and Candace (this is assuming another female doesn't go home next week and they merge), they could pick off the men pretty quickly. Keep Russell around to think he's running the show and then go for the neck, just like Jeff said. AND if for some reason he makes it to the final 2 or 3 (is it 2 or 3 this season?), they still have a very good shot at beating him. I think Candace would go for a woman's alliance but Amanda probably wouldn't. Who knows what Parvati would do - she's always done better with the men so my guess is she'd stay with Russell.

How could JT give Russell the idol unless they merged? Did the previews look like a merge was coming? I missed them.

The only way it could be possible for JT to offer the idol to Russel is if's there is a merge, so unless someone's see's something different there WILL be a merge next week.

:party_smilie: Let the feast begin!!!

Did I not see JT signal "hold on," to Russell and Russell acknowledge the message with a flash of his eyes and tiny shake of head? If not, who was the message meant for?

^^^indeed, that did happen (at the reward challenge when they saw that B. Rob had been voted off).

Yes after Rupert stupidly announced that since Rob was gone that that had to mean that the girls were running the show, and russell ran with it..... blech

Okay. Thought so. Thanks. So it was Rupert who announced that women were running things. I got that wrong.

It was Coby that said there was a woman's alliance not Rupert...

Well I heard Rupert say it... when Jeff asked at the reward challenge what they thought of rob being voted out

Are there rules which forbid players on opposite tribes from talking to each other during a challenge?

Because sometimes there are challenges which leave one from each tribe standing in pairs waiting to catch something being thrown, and they could talk without being overheard. If someone wanted to give someone else an Idol, they could probably slip it to them then without being seen, too.

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen or how, just that I can see how it could be possible.

My take on next week's preview is that J.T. is saying when they merge they should give Russell the HII because that would make him gratefule for them saving him from the "girl's alliance". JT is thinking the Heroes are down in numbers and they need to pull the person that is on the outs with the Villains to their side. Of course, they have no idea that Jerri or Sandra is the better bet.

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor Heroes Vs Villians' Episode 9

HEROES V. VILLAINS

I thought Jeff married one of the Survivor girls a few years back???

Jeff was in a serious relationship with Julie Berry. She was way hotter than Courtney FYI. Oh, and Tia is correct, they lived together for a few years, but never married (YAY).

When did the Hero's get luxury items. Which episode? Did I miss something?

It was one of the first few reward challenges...

looking forward to Jeff's blog tomorrow ...

I hope he explains how in the heck Parvati knew that they were gunning for Jerri or Sandra instead of her! That was such a gutsy move on her part -she HAD to have inside info (puppydog Amanda, perhaps?)

From what I saw, Amanda coming up to her and telling her she's the target was the key.