Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Jeff Probst's Blog (plus discussion)

"turns out Coach was riding Colby to the finish line"

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFF!!

thanks for posting this, great read

I noticed that Jeff failed to mention the FOUR chickens that just "happened" to wander into the heros camp. You would think that if that many chickens were hanging around their camp the whole place would be loaded with them. I'll bet that's the last time we see "wild" chickens running around. Why not just give the winning tribe some chickens to go along with the flint they won.

Jeff's Blog #2

BOSTON ROB ALMOST GOES HOME

Boston Rob is a stud. The dude can make fire without flint, he can single-handedly win a challenge for his tribe, he is always good for a memorable quip (

I love Jeff's blogs about the game. He really has good insight and I agree with him 99% if the time. However, what he sees in Cirie I have no idea. How he can put her in the same league as Boston Rob or Tom, Ozzie and Yul... I just don't see it.

I agree with Jeff about James- he totally shocked me with his ranting about Stephenie. If he were a woman I'd suspect a very bad case of PMS but, since he definitely isn't, I'll just chalk it up to him being an ass of astronomical proportions.

I love Jeff's blogs about the game. He really has good insight and I agree with him 99% if the time. However, what he sees in Cirie I have no idea. How he can put her in the same league as Boston Rob or Tom, Ozzie and Yul... I just don't see it.

It's because she's always one the weakest players physically but she makes sure she survives till late in the game. She's made it to the final four twice, that's quite a feat. In both of her seasons's she made big moves and been part of the majority alliance. She always makes sure she's in control post-merge.

She's very good at infiltrating groups and tearing them apart. Ppl trust her and she has no problem selling them down the stream. She's a great mental player.

I'm supprised that Jeff didn't mention Colby and Tom coming to Stephenie's defense at tribal counsil. To me that would be a signal of who's in an alliance with her.

It's because she's always one the weakest players physically but she makes sure she survives till late in the game. She's made it to the final four twice, that's quite a feat. In both of her seasons's she made big moves and been part of the majority alliance. She always makes sure she's in control post-merge.

I just don't see how she's "making sure" she survives to the end. She's not being targeted because she is physically not a threat to win and genuinely a nice lady. This is not skill. I guess you can say she's smart enough to not cause any problems in camp that will get her voted off, but that's about it.

She's very good at infiltrating groups and tearing them apart. Ppl trust her and she has no problem selling them down the stream. She's a great mental player.

She's completely overrated as a player. Look at this season. Her and Candace are on the outskirts. People come to her and ask her to join their groups because they know she can be shed easily when it comes time. Nobody wants to sit with her on F2, therefore she will never win this game. She can play 100 times and she might make jury each time, but never win.

The reason she can tear groups apart is because it's easy to backstab the strong players. Backstabbing takes no skills. Everybody can do it.

I'll respond to that, but can you give me an example of some people who you find to be strong players in the game? I'm assuming by your logic you feel someone like Todd (China) isn't a good player?

TML, save your breath.. the only good players in Baron's world are the Russell's of the game, people who make the subtle moves get no credit

That's not true Pinkie. Of the current cast, I respect... In no particular order...

Stephenie

Tom

Rob

JT

Russell

Parvati

I loved Rupert in his original season, but he's mellowed out a lot.

I have huge respect for Ozzie.

Yul was and is one of my all-time favorites.

Loved Yau-Man

Todd wasn't my all time favorite, but I feel he deserved the win.

Everybody thinks I am a Russell-fanatic. I do think Russell played an almost perfect game until he let his ego get in the way.

I like people who either show strength in challenges or think outside of the box. Russell found 3 HII with very little in the way if clues. The science teacher who made a immunity necklace out of some junk he found around the camp. Parvati and her gang convincing the kid with long hair to give his immunity up.

What has Cirie done along those lines?

Read this article, in what is one of Cirie's biggest and probably one of the best moves in Survivor history.

http://www.realitytvhalloffame.com/cgi-bin....art&page=1

You can't tell me this is not thinking outside of the box.

I got to agree with you on two of your favourites. I think Yul is the greatest Survivor to ever play the game and Yau-Man was by far the coolest.

Yau-Man was so awesome. He made a dumb play at the end with the car and trusting Dreamz, but its not like he would have won the challenge and he'd get voted out regardless at the same spot.

How can anyone hate him?

He was the ultimate underdog.

It was easy... I just didn't like him LOL

I was very happy when Cirie got him booted so early during Fans Vs Favorites

Thanks for the article TML. I agree that Cirie is a good game player. I guess I'm not a fan of her style of playing even though it works. There's nothing memorable about her, sort of your garden variety survivor contestant that did well but did not win.

Read this article, in what is one of Cirie's biggest and probably one of the best moves in Survivor history.

http://www.realitytvhalloffame.com/cgi-bin....art&page=1

You can't tell me this is not thinking outside of the box.

I got to agree with you on two of your favourites. I think Yul is the greatest Survivor to ever play the game and Yau-Man was by far the coolest.

Forgive me for the moment. I've had a long day and my brain is fried. I read the article. I don't remember the particulars of the season, but I really don't see what the writer of that article is so gaga about. Cirie told three aliances that she was with them and was really lying to two of them. It just sounds like a desperate move that happened to have worked.

"Unfortunately for Cirie, the game was shuffled up and she found herself in what seemed to be a losing position."

The writer goes on about how the plan would have failed had someone talked, but because nobody talked Cirie is a genius?

I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something. And I admit my memory of that season is gone.

I think Cirie is an average player. She's not completely lost in the game like Courtney and Sugar are. I just don't buy into the hype that is given to her.

Forgive me for the moment. I've had a long day and my brain is fried. I read the article. I don't remember the particulars of the season, but I really don't see what the writer of that article is so gaga about. Cirie told three aliances that she was with them and was really lying to two of them. It just sounds like a desperate move that happened to have worked.

"Unfortunately for Cirie, the game was shuffled up and she found herself in what seemed to be a losing position."

The writer goes on about how the plan would have failed had someone talked, but because nobody talked Cirie is a genius?

I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something. And I admit my memory of that season is gone.

I think Cirie is an average player. She's not completely lost in the game like Courtney and Sugar are. I just don't buy into the hype that is given to her.

Exactly, she isn't a hero or a villan, just an average over hyped player...

I wonder if Coach's posing is on Youtube yet...that was hilarious!