Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

SURVIVOR: Redemption Island

totally agree - they should have been patient and gone after Russell once they actually lost legitimately. once the challenge was over, though, I was very anxious that they succeed in eliminating Russell. and then did a great big happy dance.

Yes once the challenge was over I was freaking out that the plan wouldn't work

I am kinda even surprised at myself for thinking this but Survivor has become somewhat stale for me. I watched it tonight and didn't really care. I did like the semi lacrosse challenge on the beach. I played lacrosse. It is tough. I wonder if the redemption twist is going to be enough.

They should go ahead and rename the island "Matt's Place" :outfitted_pirate:

:animated_rotfl: I'm still waffling between laughing and feeling sorry for the guy.

Question: Where can I find the individual votes for the last Tribal Councel. I couldn't find it on CBS.com. Thx!

Question: Where can I find the individual votes for the last Tribal Councel. I couldn't find it on CBS.com. Thx!

They always show the votes at the end, right before the previews for next week. I don't know if you can find them anywhere else. I don't think it's any big mystery though on who voted for whom....

They always show the votes at the end, right before the previews for next week. I don't know if you can find them anywhere else. I don't think it's any big mystery though on who voted for whom....

Not always.... They didn't last week which is why I am tring to find them. Speculating is not the same as knowing. :)

Well, as much as people knock it as a reliable source (for legitimate reasons, I concede), in absence of the official source - there is always Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Redemption_Island#Voting_history

* Amusingly enough, the listed source for this data is a link to the video of the episode on the official CBS site, so perhaps it wasn't broadcast but is available for viewing at the end of the clip online. (Unavailable in Canada.)

And, although I didn't see who voted for whom shown on the show, all 12 votes were read, so it was pretty obvious that the 5 Zapatera voted for Grant (as they said they would) in hopes that Ometepe would vote for Mike and have their votes nullified by Ralph playing the hidden Immunity Idol. Similarly, with only one vote cast for Steve (Ometepe's decoy plan) and the remaining 6 for Matt, it was pretty much certain that Ometepe had blind-sided him again (without Sandra Bullock's help, even!).

So... now we have 4 people on Redemption Island.

How many will be coming back into the game?

I was under the impression it would be just 1, so they need to whittle down those numbers pretty quick.

I would think that re-entering the game would be done before final 4, but if you count the one coming back in, that might mean going from final 4 to final 3, then having them re-enter the game for final 4 again. Which is a little crazy if the person voted out of final 4 wins the Redemption Island challenge and comes back into the game, then wins immunity.

Any thoughts?

Guest 6Borders

Face it...the game is RFR...Rigged for Rob!!!

Has anyone thought to notice if Jeff is still saying "if anyone has the hidden Immunity Idol and would like to use it..." before reading the votes? I don't think I paid attention. I'm curious, because I can't remember anyone even mentioning an idol, whether at camp or at tribal council (or challenges), since Ralphie-boy used his (unnecessarily) a couple of tribal councils ago. I know Rob has one, and I don't think any more clues have been seen in a while. Shouldn't some of them be wondering whether someone already has one, or why there haven't been any more clues?

If I have time, I might look into it by reviewing the vote tally segments from the last few episodes.

(But if anyone already knows, or thinks they might have a good theory, please post.)

^^^^^I wondered the same thing right before he said it (I think??). I can't remember whether anyone has one or not or who has gone permanently or is staying temporarily. :smartass2:

He is and Rob has one.

I have to say that I would like to see Matt go all the way.

To think that he was won or been part of the winning group on RI for the whole show. He would get my vote in the end for sheer endurance.

I think he probably would win fan favorite too.

I have to say that I would like to see Matt go all the way.

To think that he was won or been part of the winning group on RI for the whole show. He would get my vote in the end for sheer endurance.

I think he probably would win fan favorite too.

I agree. He has done very well at RI and didn't make any enemies at camp. I really like him.

Guest 6Borders

So how is this all supposed to get played out with only 7 (actual) days left in the game and it seems like there will be 3 ppl on Redemption Island until the finale?????

I'm hoping that those 3 come back and battle the remaining tribe for space in the final. Too much to hope that it's a move which sends Rob (whom Jeff now over-fondly refers to as "Mariano" and not "Boston Rob") packing for good, but that would be a nice twist!

I'm hoping that those 3 come back and battle the remaining tribe for space in the final. Too much to hope that it's a move which sends Rob (whom Jeff now over-fondly refers to as "Mariano" and not "Boston Rob") packing for good, but that would be a nice twist!

Bringing the 3 from RI back into the game would be an admission by the producers that this season blows. I personally would like to see it happen and that someone

from RI could end up in the final 3, but it's a long shot.

Bringing the 3 from RI back into the game would be an admission by the producers that this season blows. I personally would like to see it happen and that someone

Matt sure is giving it his best shot!

I love the concept of RI and hope they do it again in the future. They probably won't have someone win every challenge like Matt has so far, but it is a great twist IMO.

yeah, personally i like it too.. but i would only bring back 1 person during the merge, and 1 person to automatically make the final 3 (or the final 3 competition).

However they play it out... I really like that Redemption Island has

given the show an interesting new dimension.

Kudos to whoever thought of the concept :2thumbsup:

Guest 6Borders

The season blew the minute they brought Rob and Russell back from the losers grave of Survivors. I would love to see the remaining 3 get the smirks wiped off their faces. Surviving/enduring RI is just as much (if not more) of an accomplishment than surviving Survivor.

The problem with Rob's game this time, is he's doing the same thing Russell did. Blindly backstabbing without thinking of the end game. This will end up hurting him if the jury is bitter.

He already faced one bitter jury, and saw what happened to Russel. He has to smarten up.

Redemption Island adds another second chance(s) dimension similar to the veto power on another show some of us love to watch. I am not a fan of it here or there. I'm more of a competitive "when you're gone, you're gone" person (even when I want a particular person to stay). IMO, bringing Rob and Russell back was a clever insurance interest and Rob will benefit ($$) from the longer tenure of the two; win or not.

Guest 6Borders

Isn't next week the last show and finale?

So, if I have this right, only one person comes back into the game from Redemption Island and there will be three people in the finale for the jury to vote for, correct??? So does that mean 2 people get sent to RI, so there will be 5 people over there competing for the one spot to come back in???