Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

SURVIVOR: Redemption Island

This is going to be a good season. I hope Phillip sticks around for comedic value. He is priceless. I was worried about Rob but looks like he is going to pull this off and befriend the younger girls and the Fabio2 guy.

Couldn't have asked for a better first show of the season and so glad the show didn't revolve around Russell. I really don't find any entertainment in him anymore. His act is old.

I love you Rob notworthy.gif

I agree. I hope Phillip sticks around for several weeks because he is so outrageous.

I think the reasons in the past why Russell was at the center was because he made it to the final two seasons in a role. The producers edit show after they know who has won, so they develop a (Entertaining) story line that follows the final 2-3 from start to finish. People who do not win get less air time unless they do outrageous things. Each season could easily be edited together so others are at the center, but it always has to be 1) Good for ratings, 2) makes sense to see how the winner out played, out lasted, out witted.

Very doubtful Rob can made it to the end and win. Very cool if he does. You can bet that the show producers will gear things so that both Rob and Russel have an winning advantage in term of competitions and who knows what else, but they each still need to win it. Not suggesting anything is rigged, but reality shows (Even Survivor), aren't as real as they like to pretend. Survivor being more real than most. smile.gif

Survivor: Here's What Really Happened During That Epic Tribal Council

by Andrew Evans TV.com Staff Writer

Source: Link

On the first day of play, it was pouring rain off and on

I hope that the activity in this thread is not an indication of TV ratings. Compared to past years, the forum is a ghost town.

Hi Echo, hope things are going well for you!!

Hi Echo, hope things are going well for you!!

Finally got out of jail for those false charges of stalking. They claim its against the law to drive around a block 1284 times and they say it freaks people out who live in the neighborhood. wink.gif

Finally got out of jail for those false charges of stalking. They claim its against the law to drive around a block 1284 times and they say it freaks people out who live in the neighborhood. wink.gif

Only 1284 times? pfffffttttt inquisitive.gif

Now you can stalk Morty's! tongue.gif

Not surprised at all about this season of Survivor, that no one seems to care.

I have not heard the ratings for the first show.

I can just say for me, that I am not thrilled to see Rob and the troll back....LOL

Yah even I have mixed feelings about this one... i'll watch and after the first episode I'm pretty sure that the season should be a good one..... BUT..... even as much as I LOVE Rob, i wish him and Russell were nowhere near the game

I could really live without ever seeing Russell again EVER

I'm always iffy after the first episode. It's just nearly impossible to learn much about the survivors in just an hour (and subtract from that all the wasted time on the "what if" freaking moments"). I'm a Survivor fan, good or bad, so I will watch and I will post about it no matter what. I mean, if everything else stinks, I still get to look at the lovely Jeff! :party_smilie:

Me too Sugar LOl, I've watched every season even the ones that have been boring as hell...or when I completely hate someone [cough]Russell[/cough]

I loved the first episode. I have a feeling it is going to be a good season.

and if Rob sticks around a long time I will be a happy girl.

I dvr too many things on wens so have to go to watch later on the macheen,lol but so far I like, glad to see BR, hate Russell, Phil is a nut, but entertaining, cannot tolerat that Kristina girl from the git, Ill be watching

getting impatient for the next episode! a week is just a little too long to wait!

WHAT??? I thought this place would be on fire talking about tonight! Where's everybody at?

Very happy with the outcome! I got very nervous towards the end, with the editting suggesting Russell may be saved. Let's hope Matt beats him next week.

I was cheering for Fabio2 in his challenge and had fun watching him come from behind. More nail biting during the will-she won't-she at Tribal, and the wooohoooo when Russell got voted out. Good times!!! Now, can "blonde guy" take the next duel? Maybe that would be asking for too much!

I have a feeling that Julie wasn't feigning interest in the plan to vote with Russell's alliance, but that later on, she started thinking about what would happen after tribal council and discovered that right away there would be a problem. Namely, it would be 4 against 4, with her at the bottom of the ladder on Russell's side. And getting rid of Ralph instead of a weaker player could hurt them in challenges.

As Jeff said in his blog, we just don't know exactly how close she came to flipping.

Hopefully, that question will get answered once the show is over.

I also enjoyed how Francesca nearly kicked Matt's butt in the Redemption challenge.

And I like the fact that we get more airtime for the first one voted off.

I totally understand their desire to get rid of Russell - he's played twice before and made it all the way to the end. Clearly, he's dangerous. HOWEVER, I don't think it's ever a good idea to throw a challenge, especially when your team is on a bit of a roll and the other team is down and out. They were only up by two players, and now they have given Rob and company a boost to get some momentum going and kick their dumb butts. Better to play full out and THEN if you lose, dump Russell. Are you that insecure with your alliance of 6 that you don't think you can take him out anytime you want?

I wonder if Ralphie shared that he had the HII and that's why whats-her-name didn't go along with the other group? Just a thought. PS - I can't stand that country bumpkin. Can't understand a word he says either. I hope Zap loses enough challenges that they get rid of him too! He would surely be annoying to live with after awhile.

Sugar, as happy as I am that they gave Russell the boot, I TOTALLY agree about throwing the challenge... you NEVER throw a challenge, such a bad idea

I think Rob would have wasted that kid in that challenge anyway

Sugar, as happy as I am that they gave Russell the boot, I TOTALLY agree about throwing the challenge... you NEVER throw a challenge, such a bad idea

I think Rob would have wasted that kid in that challenge anyway

Probably right. Rob rocks, after all! haha I really do hope it comes back to bite them in the butt later that they threw the challenge. They will never know if they could have won it, and if it completely changes the game (Ometepe goes on a winning streak for example, and they go to the merge the underdogs), they will kick themselves (well maybe not all of them because some of them aren't bright enough to see that is where they messed up).

Hey...that was quite a show, can't wait until next week, could it be possible our little gremlin might be gone??? But I wonder when the Redemption Island person does come back into the fold, probably when they merge?

This should be interesting, as I say can't wait!!!!

totally agree - they should have been patient and gone after Russell once they actually lost legitimately. once the challenge was over, though, I was very anxious that they succeed in eliminating Russell. and then did a great big happy dance.