Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

SURVIVOR: Redemption Island

So... any thoughts or guesses on who our two former castaways will be?

3 guesses and the first two don't count. Okay, I'll say it -- B. Rob and Russell.

The only redeeming quality of that sentence is Boston Rob Sugar, I'm soooooooooo UGH about the rest

Could this be where the idea came from?

Survivor has always been kind of a date night with my husband . . . but when I told him the Boston Rob and Russell were returning, he rolled his eyes and said, "That's it! Sign me off! I do not want to watch those two jokers again!"

schmoll.gif

LOL - I was just about to tell Mrs Dunn it was just speculation and rumor, but looks like it's official! Thanks Pinkie!

adore Rob and that Russel guy makes it all fun. :animated_rotfl:

I'm guessing that if Rob and Russel make it to the merge they team up to knock out the rest. It would be a smart move for both of them. Rob KNOWS he can beat Russel for the most votes and Russel THINKS he can beat Rob for the most votes! :party_smilie:

I am looking forward to seeing if Russell is treated differently this time around. Unlike Heroes v Villains where he had the HUGE advantage of nobody seeing his earlier game, these contestants have all seen Evil Russell at his best worst! I am hoping they call him out and make him rethink his strategies. I also hope he goes home early... can't take the ego if he makes it to another final 3!!! And seriously, he would have never made it last time if the other players had seen his original season.

As far as Boston Rob, he's grown on me. I didn't like him the first time around but came around to like him in All-Stars. I actually loved him on TAR where he and Amber were super-supportive of each other and not sniping at each other like so many odious pairs we've seen on that show. I would like him to go much farther than Russell and shut Russell's claim that he is a better player down.

This should be good!

OMG!!!!! That may have been the wildest first tribal EVER!!!!

P.S I still hate Russell!!

Imma be so sick of Russell if he last this whole game.

HATE the 'what if' things. Who cares? I hope they are no more.

I can't decide to hate Phillip, or embrace him as comedy gold. He is so delightfully delusional. It's like he's Maxwell Smart in an All State Insurance guy suit.

But I think he will get old quickly. I was already a little sick of him tonight. I will have to see what next week brings, before I can decide how I feel about him, for sure. I want to enjoy him, but I might have to hate him.

Phillip was certainly not my favorite..... but anytime someone goes apeshit at tribal and reveals a ton of secrets and keeps Rob in the game, well, I have no problem with that

I like that they jumped right in and got down to business with tempers flaring by the torches. I didn't like Kristina but maybe she'll come around. Francesca might come back - dunno why they got rid of her; I kind of like her. Not sure about the others; too soon to tell? Matt reminds me of Fabio for obvious reasons other than the pre med gig. In case any of you missed it, Phillip was a federal agent.....animated_rotfl.gif

I hope that Rob stays. Rob got chubby but is still handsome. I also hope that Russell stays.

Glad Survivor is back!I

I thought it got off to a good start, lots happening already at tribal, nobody seems to catch on to take it easy at first and maybe stay in the background. Also....why tell that you have the immunity idol??? Don't get that one at all!!!

Oh well, at least it wasn't a total Russel show.

Overall, it wasn't a bad first episode. I'm not sure if I'll watch the whole season. It'll depend on if Russell stays in (I want him to stay). I never liked Boston Rob; so I hope he's gone fast, or at least stuck on redemption island with a camera that he can admire himself with.

I liked Francesca. Too bad she's gone, but maybe will return (though I doubt it). Phillip is crazy, I can't see him staying, though he's good for delusional comedy.

They seem to only have a few interesting characters. If they go early, the season may get boring really fast.

This is going to be a good season. I hope Phillip sticks around for comedic value. He is priceless. I was worried about Rob but looks like he is going to pull this off and befriend the younger girls and the Fabio2 guy.

Couldn't have asked for a better first show of the season and so glad the show didn't revolve around Russell. I really don't find any entertainment in him anymore. His act is old.

I love you Rob :notworthy:

Agree that the WHAT IF moments got old quickly. I was yelling at Jeff telling him to STFU because we get it already!! Phillip is obnoxious, but definitely entertaining. Rob wasn't going anywhere even if Phillip had kept his mouth shut though - I'm convinced of that. I loved it when he was hatching the plan with his alliance/group of girls plus fake Fabio - telling them not to get all nervous and screw it up like his alliance did in All Stars. I actually kind of liked Francesca - she was very funny in her diary sessions (or whatever they are called). She just got in with the wrong bunch (and she wouldn't have "fit in" with the other bunch most likely, so it's not like she had a lot of choices.

Russell is still Russell - obnoxious but keeps it interesting. Rob is just a beast at challenges - they'd be nuts to get rid of him while they are still two tribes (especially since they only have three guys to start out with and a bunch of cream puff girls). But if they are smart, they will take him out soon after merge because he is a huge threat to win a lot of individual immunities. I hope they don't, but it would be smart of them, you know?