Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Russell Hantz

:party_smilie::party_smilie::party_smilie:

I don't really understand what his emotions were for crying (sobbing). I like sensitive guys but.... I didn't get it.

YES!! YES!! YES!! Happy Day!!!!

That was wonderful to see, Matt sure gets my vote now, just for doing that.

I kept thinking, after it was done, that perhaps he would have somehow been saved had he not "allegedly" leaked spoilers. I don't think that the tears were real. Okay, Rob, it's up to you to win this time. Makes me nervous for you.

I'm thinking the tears were REAL

His ego was in shock - and if he could have he would have crawled in

a corner and sobbed like a baby.

All that bravado after the tears was just to 'save face'.

I'm glad the vile little man is gone :clap:

Guest 6Borders

I am SOOOOOOOO happy Russell is gone and done with and I don't feel sorry for him one bit because he will probably make more money doing interviews, etc. for this "historic Survivor moment" than he would if he went farther. (I personally don't think there is any way he would have won even if the made it to the end).

I think his tears were real...his ego just could not let him believe he lost at what he considers "his game, but he went out showing his true nature for sure...nasty and egotistical!!! I'm not as "Survivor savvy" as the rest of you but I don't think they will lose too many viewers. I personally cannot understand the Russell hype and why so many people (including Jeff) think he brought so much to the game.

I liked that he outed stuff about his team - even those who really deeply hate Russell must see that it can only help B-Rob eventually to have that kind of intel. I loved seeing Ralphie boy screw up and the girl have to tell him to shut it. If you're going out, might has well do it with a bang!

I'm a Russel fan but I'm glad he's gone. I hope Rob finialy wins it all.

I'm guessing that most people who hate Russell but love Rob, must be women. They really are exactly the same, except Rob is good-looking and Russell is not. They both lie, cheat, steal, have huge egos, trash-talk everybody, etc. Except Rob uses his good looks to con people into becoming his puppets. Russell has to work too hard to do that, so usually can only con 2 or 3 people max.

People are so shallow. Women are just as bad as men in that regard.

The most unattractive part of Russell is his personality, his looks have nothing to do with why I hate him

I detested Russell mainly because I always thought that he found the idols way too easily and imo that was suspect. That said, I was also unkind to him relative to his physicality. At some point, I accepted him for who he is; sort-of, and found his personality entertaining. I also enjoyed the leaks whether he was involved with them or not. I am not sad that Russell is gone. He should have played better.

I think, initially, that I didn't like Rob so much but I for sure always found Rob attractive. I wanted Rob or Russell to win SRI. Now I want Rob to win. In my opinion, Rob's personality is equally abrasive to Russell on many fronts but that abrasiveness goes down easier coming from someone nice to look at, someone who appears to be a good husband and family man (Russell might well be the same; I do not know). I accept that I am shallow in many ways. It's okay.

Sugar I have never liked either one of them....You are so right about Rob, but he is abbrasive to me still....Glad you found something in Rob. :lipsrsealed2::animated_rotfl:

Guest 6Borders

I totally agree...and Rob is no better in my opinion. I don't think Rob is attractive at all (I'm female) and the same reason as Russell...his nasty personality and ego.

Personally I hope Rob goes home soon...he needs to go get a "real job" and support his family...can't live on your survivor laurels forever!!

The most unattractive part of Russell is his personality, his looks have nothing to do with why I hate him

Eh, I was/am fans of both of them. Started out in Russell's first season hating him, but he grew on me, entertained me, and I grew to like him, but definitely recognizing all his flaws (which HE doesn't at all). Kinda the same with Rob - HATED him on his first Survivor season, he was just "okay" on the second, but his relationship with Ambuh kinda endeared him a bit, but then I LOVED HIM and Ambuh on TAR, and I have been a fan since. I am not sad to see Russell go, but I think his entertainment value will be missed. I am definitely rooting for Rob, but I don't think he has a snowball in Hell's chance of winning the whole thing. They will, at some point, realize they have to get rid of him and the idol only works for so long. If he stays close to the end, he had better win all the individual immunities or he will be toast, in my opinion.

I'm guessing that most people who hate Russell but love Rob, must be women. They really are exactly the same, except Rob is good-looking and Russell is not. They both lie, cheat, steal, have huge egos, trash-talk everybody, etc. Except Rob uses his good looks to con people into becoming his puppets. Russell has to work too hard to do that, so usually can only con 2 or 3 people max.

People are so shallow. Women are just as bad as men in that regard.

That is just not true. Personalities make people ugly not physical looks. Russell and Rob are nothing alike. They play a totally different game.

'Survivor' contestant Russell Hantz lands series

Cable network A&E has ordered seven hourlong episodes of "Flipped," a reality series starring former "Survivor" contestant Russell Hantz. The series, from Departure Films, will see the three-time castaway and his family attempt to "flip" homes in Houston and is set to air late this year.

A&E Network and Bio Channel executive vp David McKillop, who made the announcement Monday, noted that Hantz's "outrageous" life fits well with the network.

"Known as the entrepreneur on 'Survivor,' Hantz's life as a house flipper is truly outrageous, real and genuine which fits in nicely with our lineup of nonscripted original series," he said.

"There are tons of reality TV stars sitting on their couches and twiddling their thumbs because they haven't created anything else," Hantz said. "I expect to be one of the biggest house flippers in Houston and I am here to bring Houston's economy back on its feet."

Hantz finished second in "Survivor: Samoa," and was second runner-up in the series' "Heroes vs. Villains" edition; he finished 17th in the recently concluded "Redemption Island" run.

link to article

Guest 6Borders

Well, there's another show I won't be watching...any amount of Russell is too much for me (Rob too). Giving Russell a show was probably a pre-compensation agreement in case he lost Survivor, or else he pulled a "Ken Jennings" and had some creepy lawyer sue CBS cos he lost.

I thought he was an oil tycoon millionaire ??? :animated_scratchchin: I do like the Flipped shows but not interested in more of Russell.

Guest 6Borders

....sending barf-bags in all sizes...never know when you are going to be somewhere a tv inadvertently shows this and you need a portable!!!!

I think I need the nearest sink, cause this news will definitely make me sick! :lipsrsealed2:

I know I would find myself watching when his show hits cable. This should be a hoot. With Russel's exceptional social skills he should be fun to watch! I could watch Russel any day as compared to Gnatalie. Watching her would make me puke. :palpatine:

I might watch Russell do some flipping if I'm caught home alone with the flu or recovering from having my face done or trapped in a hotel room between here and there and the channel can't be changed. Hell, I watch Donald Trump on Celebrity Apprentice; how much worse can it be than that?