Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Russell Hantz

:animated_rotfl:

@#$% !!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored:

I think Survivor was just ruined for me. :furious3:

Here's hoping he is first to go...and first to be evicted from Redemption Island too. Way over stayed his welcome!!! :furious:

I can't believe we aree doin this again...Boston Rob is just as bad IMHO....

I actually prefered Russel...and that's Bad!

But I'm excited to see y'all. :party_smilie:

Watching last night brought back all the memories..... He is still so yucko to me.

No excuses this time - for the other survivors; if they keep Russell nor for Russell if he makes it to the end and doesn't win. Game on, Bud.

Ditto to Rob.

Guest 6Borders

I'm not buying it...I think it's CBS pretending to put the genie back in the bottle (as they have so many times in BB) and I think they are behind the whole thing (JMHO) to save another disaster pending of a reality TV show if they have to CYA for re-casting Russel (and Rob for that matter) for what will be no doubt eventually be dubbed "Survivor of the Losers"...losers being the viewers!!!

Not sure if this article has been posted yet, so here it is

Outwit, outplay, outlast? More like outta luck, outside the terms of your contract, and, if CBS has its way, completely out of money.

Survivor's master manipulator (and one of the show's most popular players) Russell Hantz has allegedly taken his villainy into the real world, and is accused of serving as a reality show Deep Throat for the duration of his two seasons, leaking countless spoilers and game-changing secrets to a blogger.

And yes, that is in total violation of what we're assuming is a pretty airtight contract. And also yes, CBS is probably regretting casting him in the upcoming Rob vs. Russell season.

Here's the deal

I didn't like Russell until I realized how boring Survivor was without him so I am glad - and hopeful for some fireworks - to see him return. Will the third time prove the charm for Russell? Will Boston Rob kick his azz? Will R&R go quickly down in flames; never to be heard from again? Both seem to have made careers from Survivor so.......time to put up or shut up, guys. I am looking forward to some antics from either, both or anyone. Can't wait.

Cool!!

animated_rotfl.gif

animated_rotfl.gifanimated_wave.gif

Russell Hantz, hard working man who has pride in his Country!!

russ2.jpg

Later that same day he risked his life to save this snake!!

snakecharmer.jpg

He should run for office!!

TEAM RUSS!!

:party_smilie:

Was anyone else on the edge of their seats when the editing made it seem like that one lassy was going to flip? Oh my, I was getting so pissed! And how cocky Russell's pitbull was. How the mighty have fallen, b/c the look on her face after the 3/3/3 split said it all... They were duped and Russell was getting voted off.

party_smilie.gifparty_smilie.gifparty_smilie.gif

Hope Matt kicks your butt on Redemption and we never see you again!!!

When you've played the game twice and lost: one would think Russell had learned something

But NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was anyone else on the edge of their seats when the editting made it seem like that one lasy was going to flip? Oh my, I was getting so pissed! And how cocky Russell's pitbull was. How the mighty have fallen, b/c the look on her face after the 3/3/3 split said it all... They were duped and Russell was getting voted off.

She did an excellent job of making them think they had her vote. I loved her smirk, which they took to mean she was with them and actually meant she was going to bury them. LOL.

I'm fine with Russell going temporarily but I want him back. He brings a lot more interest to the game than some of those left behind. In particular, the grey-haired guy and the hillbilly. I'm not exactly Team Russell party_smilie.gif yet but maybe soon.

Slim ~ Russell is old news. He really hasn't brought anything to the game this season. He is still the same bitter, nasty sore loser. Thank goodness he has not gotten as much camera time.

I am praying that Matt kicks his but in Redemption challenge.

:party_smilie:

Did I miss it or did Jeff not ask if anyone wanted to play the Hidden Idol? Russell kept going on about he had one. Maybe the fellow that does secretly told them he has it.

I'm fine with Russell going temporarily but I want him back. He brings a lot more interest to the game than some of those left behind. In particular, the grey-haired guy and the hillbilly. I'm not exactly Team Russell party_smilie.gif yet but maybe soon.

Might it be that he brings more interest somewhat because of the way the show is edited. The last two seasons spent so much time with Russell that we didn't get to hear from the others as much as we might have. Same for this year. Maybe if Russell really goes next week we will see more of the others' personalities, quirks, strategies, etc. At least we can hope for that.

Also, the guy who Rob was against when solving the puzzle should not be underestimated. I think he's like Stephen from the season when JT won- the brains behind the personality.

Did I miss it or did Jeff not ask if anyone wanted to play the Hidden Idol? Russell kept going on about he had one. Maybe the fellow that does secretly told them he has it.

You didn't miss it.

I recorded it because I wasn't home, so I watched it later, and even went back for a second look. They never showed Jeff asking about the immunity idol, which is strange because the tribe had already received a clue, but perhaps not without precedent, as I seem to recall that the same thing has happened in previous seasons. I think the reasoning behind it goes something like: even with a clue having been given, if the whole tribe does not already know for sure that there is a hidden immunity idol, having Jeff ask if anyone has one would tip them off and spoil the surprise.

They haven't shown Jeff saying it in quite a while, I don't know if they edit it out since no one used it or what

Rob is the ultimate puppet master.. his team needs rob, but russell's team couldnt wait to get rid of him.

I think the reasoning behind it goes something like: even with a clue having been given, if the whole tribe does not already know for sure that there is a hidden immunity idol, having Jeff ask if anyone has one would tip them off and spoil the surprise.

Makes sense - Thanks!!

Guest 6Borders

I sure hope Matt kicks his butt in the dual but somehow I think CBS will find a way for Russell to come back to the game just because they want all that "sensationalism" and their ratings (aka money) more than they care about the game actually being fair. If Russell comes back to the game I'll seriously find something else to do on Wednesday nights until I hear he's actually left all the islands!!!

I sure hope Matt kicks his butt in the dual but somehow I think CBS will find a way for Russell to come back to the game just because they want all that "sensationalism" and their ratings (aka money) more than they care about the game actually being fair. If Russell comes back to the game I'll seriously find something else to do on Wednesday nights until I hear he's actually left all the islands!!!

Fair enough. If Russell goes home, I'll probably stop watching Survivor this season. So no matter what CBS does, it looks like they'll lose viewers.

hmmm

For some reason I don't think that Russell leaving would leave that big of a dent in

the Numbers Game for Survivor.

They'll lose some viewers... but not a significant amount.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what unfolds and HOW - or IF it effects their ratings.

I'm thinking this Redemption Island twist will keep viewers tuned in.

We still haven't seen how the return of folks they've voted off will effect how they

play the game.

AND... will the producers decide to drop the twist and return to the old format next time ????

I'm too curious NOT to watch...........

party_smilie.gif

I was a fan of him the first 2 times, but glad he's finally out.

Just think, if Rob wasn't on the other tribe, we'd hear from more of them. Like Grant...