Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rob Mariano

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,180 posts
Was this ever posted? Rob will soon be on a new reality show. Seems like Rob is the new BB Jeff. (Or Rob is the original, but they've had similar paths.)

He's battled through four seasons of Survivor and competed twice with wife Amber on The Amazing Race, but 'Boston' Rob Mariano isn't done with reality TV yet.

Mariano and monster truck impresario Dennis Anderson will star in a new series for History this year, PEOPLE has learned.

In Around the World in 80 Ways, Mariano and Anderson will challenge each other to circumnavigate the globe using 80 different methods of transportation with the caveat that each cannot repeat any way twice.

"I think The Amazing Race gave me a foundation for traveling," Mariano tells PEOPLE. "However, the approach that we are taking in Around the World in 80 Ways is completely different from anything I've done before in that this show will be a celebration of transportation throughout history."

From boats to blimps to the backs of camels, is there a mode of travel Mariano fears the most? "I'm not too fond of anything that keeps me in a confined space," he says. "That is claustrophobia."

After the finale for Survivor: Redemption Island airs on May 14, Mariano will start production with Anderson, the creator and driver of the monster truck called Gravedigger.

Meanwhile, Amber, the winner of Survivor: All-Stars, will stay home with daughters Lucia Rose
, 21 months, and Carina Rose, 4 months.

"Being away from my family is always the toughest part about doing these shows," Mariano says. "Luckily, I have a wonderful wife that understands my thirst for adventure and consistently supports me in my quests." //

link to article

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 4,443 posts

Thanks!
(No, I got here by voting off all the other moderator candidates!)

Hehehehe..."Survivor: Morty's Moderators"...love it!!!!

Rob has definitely made a career out of Survivor and now it looks like he will continue as a professional game show/reality show host/player. It's ok with me if people want to watch it...probably better than 1/2 the stuff on TV now days, so more power to him, and at least he and Amber aren't (I don't think so anyway) on welfare in between Rob trying to win Survivor.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I think he is the most deserving.. howver, if i were on the jury, it would be in the back of my mind that he has played this game 4 times now.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
Somebody must think that Rob can pull an audience or he wouldn't have been on Survivor four times. We're still talking about him, pro and con, and more important; still watching and commenting. For me, Rob is Survivor and would be the clear choice to replace Jeff should the need arise. He is as entertaining to me as any of them and easier to look at than many.

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 4,443 posts
Just pure laziness by the producers...they would rather bring someone back whether the viewing audience liked or did not like them as long as they discussed them, positive or negative, than take a chance on having all new people, and they know ppl are going to watch and comment, positive or negative. What's the oldest adage of "stars"..."when they stop asking for my autograph that's when I worry". Jeff also seems to think he invented "product integration" which has been going on since the first episode of I love Lucy (that I remember anyway)!!!

Somebody must think that Rob can pull an audience or he wouldn't have been on Survivor four times. We're still talking about him, pro and con, and more important; still watching and commenting. For me, Rob is Survivor and would be the clear choice to replace Jeff should the need arise. He is as entertaining to me as any of them and easier to look at than many.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
Of course, my husband had to remind me that I'm the person opining, "when you're gone, you're gone." :animated_rotfl: He thinks that Rob has had way too many "chances."

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
YES!! Final 3 for Rob! Now he needs to get rid of Ashley, because he is most likely to win against Natalie (who is clearly useless) and Phillip (who has irritated yet amused so many). Ashley is the only one left (besides B-Rob) who has really played the game to her fullest.

TML

TML

• Pip
  • 1,330 posts
I disagree with Ashley playing the game to the fullest. No one here did, except Rob.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

I disagree with Ashley playing the game to the fullest. No one here did, except Rob.

Out of the three (Phil, Nat and Ash) she was the only one that could really make that argument. Do I think she played anywhere nearly as well as B-Rob? Hell no. But she did win those immunity necklaces when her butt was on the line, and she would have used that as an argument. Phillip and Natalie have nothing to argue except that they hitched themselves to Rob's coattails and held on for dear life.

TML

TML

• Pip
  • 1,330 posts
Oh I agree. But you said played the game to the "fullest". So I was just saying that she hasn't.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
:party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie:

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
:party_smilie: :animated_bouncy: :party_smilie: :animated_bouncy: :party_smilie: :animated_bouncy: :party_smilie: :animated_bouncy: :party_smilie:

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
:party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie:

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,954 posts
:party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :animated_wave: :animated_wave:

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts
Ditto with the party smilies. :D Now that he has finally won the game, let it be his last time to be on the full game. I wouldn't mind if he came on as a guest, but not as a competitor.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,812 posts
Until the penultimate episode, this past Wednesday, I never really thought he had a chance of making it all the way.
As good as Rob's game was (and it was very VERY good, both in terms of competing and the social manipulation aspect), and even without the giant target on his back which he brought with him into this game, the one vulnerable weakness of it was that he had to win final immunity to assure being in the final. Natalie and Philip had that covered. They knew that Rob or Ashley, who had the most chance to win final immunity, would both take them. (I think if Natalie had somehow miraculously won, she would have ousted Philip, unless Ashley could somehow have convinced her to take Rob out.)

Still, Rob managed to win it when it counted.
He was really close to winning the immunity the time before that as well.

Although I think that it is safe to say that Rob will never again feel the need to play Survivor again, having finally accomplished his goal to the fullest extent possible, I can imagine him coming back 10 years from now to have another go more for nostalgia's sake than anything else. (The glory of his youth, and all that.)

Another thing that I wondered about was the whole Grant thing.
In the episode that Grant was voted out, Rob had not been planning to go that way at all.
The only reason it happened was because Ashley won immunity.
So, when exactly was Rob planning to get rid of Grant, then?
Take him all the way to the end? I think not!
So, although that's how it went down, and Grant could blame Ashley indirectly, had he survived that vote, he would probably have been given the boot in one of the following ones, and it would have been a much dirtier betrayal.

Congratulations, Rob.
And thank you for a greatly entertaining season.

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
My hat is off to Rob - I was not sure he could overcome the odds but he played a masterful game.

I think Rob has done a great job out of making reality a job.
Other might try:
Like Richard Hatch - Absolute loathe him on Celebrity Aprentice (maybe they should have Benie Madoff come on to show how business should really be handled).
Like Jeff Schroeder - I Like Jeff but sorry his internet show never hit my screen once.

But Rob has the IT factor - he can be the Guy Fieri of non-food shows.
I liked the show he had when he and Amber went to Vegas.
I might even watch the History channel show "Around the World in 80 ways.
And while I don't want to say it too loud - Rob might be one of the only people I would watch if Jeff Probst moved on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users