Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Rob Mariano

Of course, my husband had to remind me that I'm the person opining, "when you're gone, you're gone." :animated_rotfl: He thinks that Rob has had way too many "chances."

YES!! Final 3 for Rob! Now he needs to get rid of Ashley, because he is most likely to win against Natalie (who is clearly useless) and Phillip (who has irritated yet amused so many). Ashley is the only one left (besides B-Rob) who has really played the game to her fullest.

I disagree with Ashley playing the game to the fullest. No one here did, except Rob.

I disagree with Ashley playing the game to the fullest. No one here did, except Rob.

Out of the three (Phil, Nat and Ash) she was the only one that could really make that argument. Do I think she played anywhere nearly as well as B-Rob? Hell no. But she did win those immunity necklaces when her butt was on the line, and she would have used that as an argument. Phillip and Natalie have nothing to argue except that they hitched themselves to Rob's coattails and held on for dear life.

Oh I agree. But you said played the game to the "fullest". So I was just saying that she hasn't.

:party_smilie::party_smilie: :party_smilie:

:party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :party_smilie: :animated_wave: :animated_wave:

Ditto with the party smilies. :D Now that he has finally won the game, let it be his last time to be on the full game. I wouldn't mind if he came on as a guest, but not as a competitor.

Until the penultimate episode, this past Wednesday, I never really thought he had a chance of making it all the way.

As good as Rob's game was (and it was very VERY good, both in terms of competing and the social manipulation aspect), and even without the giant target on his back which he brought with him into this game, the one vulnerable weakness of it was that he had to win final immunity to assure being in the final. Natalie and Philip had that covered. They knew that Rob or Ashley, who had the most chance to win final immunity, would both take them. (I think if Natalie had somehow miraculously won, she would have ousted Philip, unless Ashley could somehow have convinced her to take Rob out.)

Still, Rob managed to win it when it counted.

He was really close to winning the immunity the time before that as well.

Although I think that it is safe to say that Rob will never again feel the need to play Survivor again, having finally accomplished his goal to the fullest extent possible, I can imagine him coming back 10 years from now to have another go more for nostalgia's sake than anything else. (The glory of his youth, and all that.)

Another thing that I wondered about was the whole Grant thing.

In the episode that Grant was voted out, Rob had not been planning to go that way at all.

The only reason it happened was because Ashley won immunity.

So, when exactly was Rob planning to get rid of Grant, then?

Take him all the way to the end? I think not!

So, although that's how it went down, and Grant could blame Ashley indirectly, had he survived that vote, he would probably have been given the boot in one of the following ones, and it would have been a much dirtier betrayal.

Congratulations, Rob.

And thank you for a greatly entertaining season.

My hat is off to Rob - I was not sure he could overcome the odds but he played a masterful game.

I think Rob has done a great job out of making reality a job.

Other might try:

Like Richard Hatch - Absolute loathe him on Celebrity Aprentice (maybe they should have Benie Madoff come on to show how business should really be handled).

Like Jeff Schroeder - I Like Jeff but sorry his internet show never hit my screen once.

But Rob has the IT factor - he can be the Guy Fieri of non-food shows.

I liked the show he had when he and Amber went to Vegas.

I might even watch the History channel show "Around the World in 80 ways.

And while I don't want to say it too loud - Rob might be one of the only people I would watch if Jeff Probst moved on.