cast_thumb120_mike_chiesl.jpg

Mike

Biography and Video

Name (Age): Mike Chiesl (31)

Tribe Designation: Zapatera

Current Residence: Del Mar, Calif.

Dang Sugar, I better get checking these guys out and dibs someone fast LOL

DIBS

SugarB dibbed that guy so fast I could smell the smoke from her keys. animated_rotfl.gif

P.S. Dibtastic dib IMO, Sugar.

:angel_not: He seems to be in good physical condition, doesn't he? :2thumbsup:

He gets my respect just for being a Marine!!

:flags_unitedstates:

Thank you Mike!!

He gets my respect just for being a Marine!!

I have all the respect in the world for the U.S Military, in fact my sister is a Sergeant First Class in the US Army, but I gotta say...Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman were also Marines. :flags_unitedstates:

Guest 6Borders

While I admire what he did I think it was a less than strategic and incredibly stupid move. He just lost the other current 3 Redemption Islander votes and the rest of the surviving tribe is either too stupid or too cut-throat to repay the gift.

I don't really see how this will help with votes. Yeah, you let me see my loved one for an hour or two, so I'll give you a million dollars? I think there are more factors that lead to this decision.

I think it helps if you're torn between the ones left. It could be the thing that causes someone to vote him instead of the alternate.

I really like this guy but what a bone headed move he made. That was a kind gesture he made but think about it. If he does make it back into the game he will have a huge target on his back for being a "nice" guy.

Guest 6Borders

So true Steve, and being nice is what got Matt sent to RI in the first place!!!

It's looking less and less like a bone-headed move to me.

So far, on the jury we have the 3 Zapatera (Julie, Steve, and Ralph).

On Redemption Island, we have the one remaining Zapatera (Mike), plus 3 Omatepe members (Matt, Andrea, and Grant).

If Mike is the one to re-enter the game, and lasts until the final, he may have an advantage, regardless.

The 3 Zapatera would likely vote for him. The 3 who were at Redeption Island might very well vote for him because of the common experience of being voted out and having to compete to get a second chance. (That would depend on who is sitting next to him in the final, I think.)

And finally, we have his decision to sacrifice time with his family member so that the Omatepe 6 could spend time with their loved ones.

4 or 5 of those Omatepe members will now be on the jury (depending on whether it's a final 2 or final 3).

Possibly, his decision to sacrifice may come into play after all.

It could even tip the balance if someone were having trouble making up their mind.

Also, even without it, given a final 3 scenario, that would mean an 8-member jury and 3 finalists (which can be a headache for tallying votes, as it leaves many possibilities for ties). If that is the case, he may have the 3 Zapatera votes sown up already, so that means he could conceivably win the game with just one more vote, or at least tie with just those 3 votes.

In a final 2 scenario, he would need 5 votes to win, which could be very hard, unless he can get some jury votes to NOT vote for the other finalist (and so be voting for him be default).

In case you haven't noticed, Mike has completed the Redemption Island contests in first place every time he has competed.

Matt has not been doing as well since we moved away from the one-on-one format.

I think it's very likely that there will only be one more Redeption Island contest left.

Grant should provide some good competition for Mike.

Guest 6Borders

Good points Jedi! I guess the final 3 are allowed to plead their cases and tell why the jury should vote for them over the others.

I hope Mike is the one to get back in the game and I hope he wins it!!! He's very cool under challenge pressure.

It's looking less and less like a bone-headed move to me.

So far, on the jury we have the 3 Zapatera (Julie, Steve, and Ralph).

On Redemption Island, we have the one remaining Zapatera (Mike), plus 3 Omatepe members (Matt, Andrea, and Grant).

If Mike is the one to re-enter the game, and lasts until the final, he may have an advantage, regardless.

The 3 Zapatera would likely vote for him. The 3 who were at Redeption Island might very well vote for him because of the common experience of being voted out and having to compete to get a second chance. (That would depend on who is sitting next to him in the final, I think.)

And finally, we have his decision to sacrifice time with his family member so that the Omatepe 6 could spend time with their loved ones.

4 or 5 of those Omatepe members will now be on the jury (depending on whether it's a final 2 or final 3).

Possibly, his decision to sacrifice may come into play after all.

It could even tip the balance if someone were having trouble making up their mind.

Also, even without it, given a final 3 scenario, that would mean an 8-member jury and 3 finalists (which can be a headache for tallying votes, as it leaves many possibilities for ties). If that is the case, he may have the 3 Zapatera votes sown up already, so that means he could conceivably win the game with just one more vote, or at least tie with just those 3 votes.

In a final 2 scenario, he would need 5 votes to win, which could be very hard, unless he can get some jury votes to NOT vote for the other finalist (and so be voting for him be default).

In case you haven't noticed, Mike has completed the Redemption Island contests in first place every time he has competed.

Matt has not been doing as well since we moved away from the one-on-one format.

I think it's very likely that there will only be one more Redeption Island contest left.

Grant should provide some good competition for Mike.

I wouldn't entirely complain if my DIBS (Mike) would win. Just sayin....

Guest 6Borders

I agree 100% Sugar, even tho you Dibs him faster than the rest of us could right click the mouse...lol!!!

I wouldn't entirely complain if my DIBS (Mike) would win. Just sayin....

I agree 100% Sugar, even tho you Dibs him faster than the rest of us could right click the mouse...lol!!!

:lookaround::animated_rotfl:

Even though he didn't win, he was still an awesome DIBS!!! :party_smilie::party_smilie::party_smilie::party_smilie:

I think he gets invited back if there is another all-stars. He spoke passionately about the game and his desire to win it.