Dade

Matt Elrod

cast_thumb120_matthew_elrod.jpg

Matt

Biography and Video

Name (Age): Matt Elrod (22)

Tribe Designation: Ometepe

Current Residence: Nashville, Tenn.

hmmm someone should officially keep a "DIBS" list this time.

3 guys have been mentioned by different posters so far.

...... but I'm betting that Dade picks the guy with the best shoulders :giggle:

Yay Fabio is back! This is going to be a good season. (well a look-alike)

Didn't expect that one! But he really should not gave went over to congratulate the other team.

Starting up a potential romance didn't help his cause either. If anybody can see thru that one it's B-Rob!

I think whoever wins RI next week will return to the game. Survivor can't let this drag on.

I originally thought only one person would come back from RI only once, around merge time. But the way they worded things at the beginning, it almost seems like they might have a player return more than one time? Does anyone know the details about this?

I don't really care about this guy one way or the other but how many comps does he have to win to go back? I mean, really. Let the guy return, already. Watch Kristina beat him. Yikes!

Guest 6Borders

All I can say is 'GO MATT!!!!!". Double-dibs on the guy who sent Russell packing!!!!!!

Yay Matt. You Rock! :gunsmilie:

I was kind of annoyed with the "playing for my God" comment. I mean really, Matt, do you think God cares if you or anyone else wins Survivor? I'm all for being religious, but when you constantly have to talk about it and wave the flag, it makes me think other things.

I am a spiritual, but not religious, person.

I, in fact, am an atheist.

And yet it doesn't bother me one iota when people talk about god or their relationship with him. If anything, it makes me jealous that I don't have that kind of "sounding board" or place to drop my troubles.

What does annoy me, is when reality show watchers critize people's personal relationship with the god of their choice. Why does religion even have to be brought into the subject? If someone feels close enough to their deity to talk openly and honestly about that relationship, who are we to criticize?

Isn't ANYTHING sacred?

I'm thinking anything any reality contestant does or says is up for review and comment from the audience. I thought the very same thing SugarB did when Matt made the comment. Aside from that, Matt surely has been blessed with good looks.

I am not criticizing anyone's relationship (or lack thereof) with God. What bugs me, as I said, is the whole "God Warrior" aspect they try to bring to Reality TV. I mean, really? With all the things going on in the world, if you want to be a "God Warrior" there are SO many worthy avenues other than reality TV. AND this is JUST MY HUMBLE or not so humble OPINION, but sometimes I think those who have to constantly talk about how Godly and religious they are, are the ones who are the most insecure in their relationship with their deity, or at the very least, they are just putting on a show. JMHO!!!! :animated_wave:

He seems like a nice guy and good looking. He is just not that entertaining. I do love that he pinged Russell!

Poor Matt. He just can't catch a break. Must be gods will. :animated_rotfl:

Either that or Boston Rob!!!

True, but what happens to Rob if Matt somehow survives the challenge at RI and comes back?

Poor Matt. He just can't catch a break. Must be gods will. :animated_rotfl:

Either that or Boston Rob!!!

LMAO It must be! I didn't know whether to roll on the floor laughing my arse off, or feel bad for the poor guy. Rob is just kicking ass and taking names right now. Hope he keeps it up!

I felt bad for him, too. Perhaps he will be taking Boston Rob out later on RI. Not that that would make me feel any better, as I love watching BR!

I felt bad for him, too. Perhaps he will be taking Boston Rob out later on RI. Not that that would make me feel any better, as I love watching BR!

At this point, the show appears to be edited in such a way that a battle between the two is a very likely possibility. Keep in mind they record 100s of hours of footage and they very carefully select the very best dramatic and comedic footage. Notice how they focus on Rob's reaction a lot, often depicting him as the man who is controlling the entire game. Meanwhile, Matt is depicted as Rob's nemesis, somewhat like good guy Clark Kent, alais Superman. smile.gif

True, but what happens to Rob if Matt somehow survives the challenge at RI and comes back?

Isn't that where we were before last night's episode? LOL

I'm sure that if you ask Boston Rob, he'll say something like "Sure, go ahead, send him back again, I'll just keep having him voted out."

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Poor Matt, thinks he is at summer camp...