Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Marci and Courtney

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
Posted Image

Marci
Hometown: Valparaiso, Indiana
Occupation: General Manager of a health club and restaurant owner

A 49-year-old wife and mother of two adult daughters, Marci tried out for "The Biggest Loser" to help her daughter, Courtney, but realized along the way that she needed to get healthy too. She was born and raised with five siblings in Gary, Indiana, and graduated from Lake Superior State College, where she received a bachelor's degree in sports and recreation management with an associate degree in business administration. Marci was lean and fit growing up, and played sports on a scholarship in college. But after having her daughters, she never lost all her pregnancy weight, and the stresses of work and life and her mother's death all contributed to additional weight gain. Marci, who now weighs 238 pounds, was particularly inspired by Season 8 contestant Shay Sorrells, and wants to be a better role model to her daughters by taking care of herself. She looks forward to playing racquetball again after losing the weight, as well as being more confident speaking in front of large crowds. She is excited to stand next to Courtney during her journey. Marci wants to share a message to fitness trainers to open their hearts and welcome reconditioned people with compassion and concern.

Posted Image

Courtney
Hometown: Valparaiso, Indiana

Courtney says "The Biggest Loser" inspired her to lose 112 pounds on her own, and now she hopes to lose an additional 150 pounds on the show to "get her life back quicker" and inspire others along the way. She was born in Crown Point, Indiana, and raised in Portage, Indiana with a younger sister before moving at age 14 to Valparaiso, where she currently resides. Courtney has struggled with weight her whole life, as has most of her family. She is currently studying for a degree in psychology at Indiana University Northwest. She knew she wanted to change her life on her 21st birthday, when she wasn't enjoying life and knew she needed a big change. Now one year later at age 22 and 323 pounds, Courtney is down 112 pounds. She feels like the next 150 pounds is going to be the hardest part, both mentally and physically, and is determined to figure out the reasons behind her weight gain so she can help others who are in the same position. "I want to prove that it's never too late to be what you might have been, even if you are over 400 pounds like I was just one year ago." She looks forward to finishing her weight loss journey, inspiring others, and "living the best life possible."

NBC

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Courtney is a tough girl. You can tell she has been working out before getting on the ranch. I think she will do really well.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
This is by far my favorite team right now.. she has so much fight inside of her.

superstaaar

superstaaar

• Pip
  • 468 posts
I am so impressed by Courtney...wow...what a strong person. I hope she goes right to the end.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,159 posts
I am a Courtney fan! What a great attitude and I can't wait to see her at the end.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
This team is Amazing! I hope Courtney wins it all!

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,159 posts
Love this girl!

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I love how she never gets her head down.. she has the biggest heart out of everybody on the show too. shes my pick to win it all!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
HATED to see Courtney go last night. She is such a breath of fresh air - positive, upbeat, motivated! Hope she continues to do well at home. It's great that she is trying to work with DQ to offer more healthy choices.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
i can't believe she left.. that's awful..

she was my favorite maybe ever on the show..

i like the little segment they did for her when she left though.. you know she is America's favorite just for the segment they made for her.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,159 posts
I can't wait to see Courtney at the finals. She is the only one I really liked this season. The whole season was boring because they were all so boo hoo nicey nice.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
i know! i would love for her to win the at home challenge.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

I can't wait to see Courtney at the finals. She is the only one I really liked this season. The whole season was boring because they were all so boo hoo nicey nice.

Me too - I HATED it when she went home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users