Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Jesse and Arthur

jesse.jpg

Jesse

Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Sixty-one-year-old Jesse was asked by his son Arthur to go with him to a "Biggest Loser" casting call, and there Jesse saw the hope in his son's eyes as well as everyone else's. He felt hopeful that they could both get healthy by going on the show. Jesse was born and raised in Boston, the oldest of nine children. He was heavy most of his life, but went from 170 pounds at age 25 to 270 pounds by age 29. The father of four adult children and grandfather of 10, Jesse takes 12 pills a day for a variety of health conditions, including sleep apnea, diabetes and high blood pressure. He thinks a sedentary job, poor eating habits, lack of exercise and alcohol consumption all led to his current weight of 293 pounds. Inspired by Season 9 contestant O'Neal Hampton, Jesse hopes to one day inspire others, including overweight family members, to change their lives and get healthy. He looks forward to going on amusement rides with his grandchildren, running a marathon and no longer shopping at the "big man" store when he loses weight.

arthur.jpg

Arthur

Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Arthur's primary motivation for going on "The Biggest Loser" was to save his life. Having weighed 646 pounds in January 2009, he got down to his current weight of 507 pounds but hasn't been able to lose beyond that. A Seattle native raised in Portland with a younger sister, Arthur was always a big kid, but sports helped keep his weight in check until his junior year in high school when he had trouble making the weight of 275 pounds for wrestling. In the year 2000, he lost his insurance agency and gained 200 pounds, and then gained an additional 100 pounds after the birth of his son in 2007. Now a father of two, 34-year-old Arthur has high blood pressure and diabetes. He was inspired by Season 7 contestant Ron Morelli, and looks forward to going to Portland Trailblazers games when he has lost weight, something he always enjoyed doing as a child with his father. He also hopes to inspire people who are too large to go on "The Biggest Loser" and let them know that there's hope for them too.

NBC

Holy SMOKES - he was so huge when he weighed 646 pounds. It's amazing he didn't just drop dead. That's scary stuff. I hope he can change his life and get to a manageable weight. And I don't mean this in a bad way, but he is going to need some surgery to get rid of all that excess skin if he does lose alot of weight. There is no way in hell that is going back to normal as stretched out as it is.

This is a team I hope does really well, however something about Aurthur drives me up the wall.. I understand it's hard, but he complains so much more than the others.

I must have missed something this week -- what happened to Arthur that prevented him from working out in the gym, requiring antibiotics, and Dr. H. increasing his calorie intake?

I don't think they actually showed why, either that or I missed it too, but I DVR so I don't usually miss much. SOunds like he was in the pool a lot though.

Yeah...I didn't see anything in the show at all about anything being wrong with Arthur until Bob mentioned it at the end.

Thats really disapointing that he had to go to the other team.. but Im glad Sarah chose Bob and Jillian..

should be interesting to see how the all girls team does..

and am I really the only person watching this show now?

The way I look at it, karma's a bitch! He had no problem with moving people from one team to the other when it suited his needs, so this was just kind of a payback! He did do really well at home, though, and you could really see the change. I'm glad that something "kicked in" before he got booted. I think if he keeps at it, he will definitely win the at home prize because he has the potential for the biggest percentage of weight loss.

Yeah, I agree.

its funny to think that if he had never changed the teams, that Sarah would have only of had trained with Brett and Cara, so she would have probably of stayed with them.. he shouldnt have ever of switched them.