Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jay and Jennifer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Jay
Hometown: West Orange, New Jersey

Jay was born in Cleveland, Ohio and raised with a younger sister in Maryland, then left home at 18 for New York City, where he attended Parsons School of Design and met his wife of 31 years. He started putting on weight as a child, but the biggest weight gain came as an adult. Jay calls himself "functionally fat" and says he's tried to lose weight his whole adult life, losing over 100 pounds several times only to gain it all back. In the fall of 2009, he hit his highest weight of 435 pounds. Now 400 pounds, he tried out for "The Biggest Loser" because it was his daughter Jennifer's dream, but realized he needed the show even more than she did. Now the 53-year-old father of two looks forward to sitting in restaurant booths, skiing, running a marathon and never shopping in a Big & Tall men's store again after he loses the weight. He also hopes to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a motivational speaker and inspiring others to be the best they can be.

Posted Image

Jennifer
Hometown: Long Branch, New Jersey

Jennifer says her biggest reason for going on the show is "to achieve a complete and total transformation in my mind and body. My entire life, I have lost and gained weight, and I wanted to understand why that is, overcome it and learn how to live a long, healthy and balanced life." Jennifer was born and raised in New Jersey with a younger brother, and graduated with a bachelor's degree in sociology from William Paterson University. She began gaining weight at 5 years old, and tipped the scales at 144 pounds by the time she was in the fourth grade. Shortly afterwards, she saw the movie "The Nutty Professor" and related to Eddy Murphy's character and how others made fun of him, realizing for the first time she had a weight problem. That kicked off a lifetime of diets and a rollercoaster of weight gain and loss. She has lost 50-100 pounds at various times, but was never successful at keeping it off. Now 28 years old and 278 pounds, Jennifer looks forward to inspiring others and running a marathon once she reaches her weight loss goal.

NBC

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
SHe is very pretty. Can't wait to see her 70 or so pounds down the road.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
She will look very good with the weight gone.
It was kinda strange to me how she told her dad she wanted to do it alone though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users