Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Glee

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. . . that there was not a thread started for this show yet. I loved the preview episode, waited all summer for it to start and I'm still loving it.

I defy you not to love the character Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). Should go down as one of the all time great TV characters.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,176 posts
Never heard of it. Is it a cable show?

chac

chac

• Pip
  • 132 posts
It's on fox on wed after so you think you can dance. It is an awesome show.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
They haven't given us many glimpses into the humanity of Sue Sylvester . . . . until this week's episode. I actually got a little choked up and teary-eyed during the scene of her visiting her Downs Syndrome sister in the nursing home.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
Only two weeks until this comes back! party_smilie.gif I am so darn excited I could almost cry, I have really missed this show.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
YEAH!!!! It's back. And it provided one of my favorite lines ever . . . "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks"? animated_rotfl.gif

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,010 posts
LOL. That was funny. I like this show, too. It is fast-paced and tight and does what others have attempted but couldn't pull-off.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
Anyone else a bit disappointed in the premiere? It was good for sure but I think I was expecting more. And I've seen this talked about on other boards, was it weird to anyone else that they used this episode to basically undo everything that had happened in the Sectionals episode?

Like, they won sectionals but now that doesn't mean anything because they have to win regionals.
And Sue was fired or sent away or whatever but now all of a sudden she's just back.
And Will and Emma had that amazing kiss but now nothing is even going to happen with them right now.
And the whole Finn and Rachel thing

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts
I wasn't disappointed in the premiere because everything they undid had to be undone to make this season a great one. What would last night's episode have been like without Sue Sylvester's "Vogue" video or the great "Like a virgin" sequence? Its a funny, outrageous, smart,really likable show IMO.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
Well of course they needed to bring Sue back! She's the adult star of the show for me! I'm not saying that I didn't know those things would happen, I just didn't think they would all happen in the first episode. It just seemed weird to me that they used to first half of the season to get to that point and then we waited 3 months for them to come in and just undo it. Thanks for sharing your opinion Oleander! smile.gif

I almost don't want to watch the Madonna episode yet! lol I've been waiting so long to see it - I just don't know if my brain can handle all that awesome-ness at once! tongue.gif

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
OMG the Madonna episode was so amazing! smitten.gif I loved Like a Prayer and Express Yourself. And I love that Kurt and Mercedes are Cheerios now. I can't wait for next week!

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
I'll be the first to admit it . . . I cried when the kids sang "To Sir With Love" for Mr. Schuster.

Great season finale to a great freshman year. Big Brother will take me through the summer until I can get to see Sue Sylvester again.

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
FYI......they are replaying it from the beginning on thursday nights thru the summer for all of you who've missed it

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
QUOTE (jersey721 @ Jun 9 2010, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be the first to admit it . . . I cried when the kids sang "To Sir With Love" for Mr. Schuster.

Great season finale to a great freshman year. Big Brother will take me through the summer until I can get to see Sue Sylvester again.

That was pretty perfect, wasn't it? Definitely an emotional moment. I also loved it when Finn told Rachel he loved her, I really wasn't expecting that and I thought was a great moment between them and it made their "Faithfully" have so much more meaning. I can't wait to see where the stories go in season 2!

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts
I thought it was pretty amazing that the woman who played Rachel's mom looked so much like her and also sang as well as if not better than her.

I'll miss this show over the summer. Its one of my favorites. I guess I could watch the reruns.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
QUOTE (Oleander @ Jun 10 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was pretty amazing that the woman who played Rachel's mom looked so much like her and also sang as well as if not better than her.

I'll miss this show over the summer. Its one of my favorites. I guess I could watch the reruns.

Are you not familiar with Idina Menzel? There's been talk in the Broadway community for quite sometime about how much they look and sound alike. When we found out Rachel didn't know her mom all of my Broadway friends, and everyone at the Idina Menzel messageboard, were completely convinced that she would have to play her mother. I was like ecstatic when I heard it was confirmed! lol

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
She's also married to actor Taye Diggs from Private Practice. Lucky girl.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
QUOTE (jersey721 @ Jun 14 2010, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's also married to actor Taye Diggs from Private Practice. Lucky girl.

I know, right? Talk about a hunk! And their baby is just adorable.

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts
Are you not familiar with Idina Menzel?

Yes. I knew she won a Tony award for her part in Wicked and I knew she was married to Taye Diggs but I'd never seen her or heard her sing with "Rachel" so the resemblance was striking to me. Its not often any play or TV show or movie can find two actors who look related to play characters who are related, IMO.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
QUOTE (Oleander @ Jun 15 2010, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you not familiar with Idina Menzel?

Yes. I knew she won a Tony award for her part in Wicked and I knew she was married to Taye Diggs but I'd never seen her or heard her sing with "Rachel" so the resemblance was striking to me. Its not often any play or TV show or movie can find two actors who look related to play characters who are related, IMO.

I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I know a lot of people who watch Glee that didn't know her before she was on. Sorry if you took it that way. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users