Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jersey721

Glee

28 posts in this topic

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. . . that there was not a thread started for this show yet. I loved the preview episode, waited all summer for it to start and I'm still loving it.

I defy you not to love the character Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch). Should go down as one of the all time great TV characters.

Never heard of it. Is it a cable show?

It's on fox on wed after so you think you can dance. It is an awesome show.

They haven't given us many glimpses into the humanity of Sue Sylvester . . . . until this week's episode. I actually got a little choked up and teary-eyed during the scene of her visiting her Downs Syndrome sister in the nursing home.

Only two weeks until this comes back! :party_smilie: I am so darn excited I could almost cry, I have really missed this show.

YEAH!!!! It's back. And it provided one of my favorite lines ever . . . "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks"? :animated_rotfl:

LOL. That was funny. I like this show, too. It is fast-paced and tight and does what others have attempted but couldn't pull-off.

Anyone else a bit disappointed in the premiere? It was good for sure but I think I was expecting more. And I've seen this talked about on other boards, was it weird to anyone else that they used this episode to basically undo everything that had happened in the Sectionals episode?

Like, they won sectionals but now that doesn't mean anything because they have to win regionals.

And Sue was fired or sent away or whatever but now all of a sudden she's just back.

And Will and Emma had that amazing kiss but now nothing is even going to happen with them right now.

And the whole Finn and Rachel thing

I wasn't disappointed in the premiere because everything they undid had to be undone to make this season a great one. What would last night's episode have been like without Sue Sylvester's "Vogue" video or the great "Like a virgin" sequence? Its a funny, outrageous, smart,really likable show IMO.

Well of course they needed to bring Sue back! She's the adult star of the show for me! I'm not saying that I didn't know those things would happen, I just didn't think they would all happen in the first episode. It just seemed weird to me that they used to first half of the season to get to that point and then we waited 3 months for them to come in and just undo it. Thanks for sharing your opinion Oleander! :)

I almost don't want to watch the Madonna episode yet! lol I've been waiting so long to see it - I just don't know if my brain can handle all that awesome-ness at once! :P

OMG the Madonna episode was so amazing! :smitten: I loved Like a Prayer and Express Yourself. And I love that Kurt and Mercedes are Cheerios now. I can't wait for next week!

I'll be the first to admit it . . . I cried when the kids sang "To Sir With Love" for Mr. Schuster.

Great season finale to a great freshman year. Big Brother will take me through the summer until I can get to see Sue Sylvester again.

FYI......they are replaying it from the beginning on thursday nights thru the summer for all of you who've missed it

I'll be the first to admit it . . . I cried when the kids sang "To Sir With Love" for Mr. Schuster.

Great season finale to a great freshman year. Big Brother will take me through the summer until I can get to see Sue Sylvester again.

That was pretty perfect, wasn't it? Definitely an emotional moment. I also loved it when Finn told Rachel he loved her, I really wasn't expecting that and I thought was a great moment between them and it made their "Faithfully" have so much more meaning. I can't wait to see where the stories go in season 2!

I thought it was pretty amazing that the woman who played Rachel's mom looked so much like her and also sang as well as if not better than her.

I'll miss this show over the summer. Its one of my favorites. I guess I could watch the reruns.

I thought it was pretty amazing that the woman who played Rachel's mom looked so much like her and also sang as well as if not better than her.

I'll miss this show over the summer. Its one of my favorites. I guess I could watch the reruns.

Are you not familiar with Idina Menzel? There's been talk in the Broadway community for quite sometime about how much they look and sound alike. When we found out Rachel didn't know her mom all of my Broadway friends, and everyone at the Idina Menzel messageboard, were completely convinced that she would have to play her mother. I was like ecstatic when I heard it was confirmed! lol

She's also married to actor Taye Diggs from Private Practice. Lucky girl.

She's also married to actor Taye Diggs from Private Practice. Lucky girl.

I know, right? Talk about a hunk! And their baby is just adorable.

Are you not familiar with Idina Menzel?

Yes. I knew she won a Tony award for her part in Wicked and I knew she was married to Taye Diggs but I'd never seen her or heard her sing with "Rachel" so the resemblance was striking to me. Its not often any play or TV show or movie can find two actors who look related to play characters who are related, IMO.

Are you not familiar with Idina Menzel?

Yes. I knew she won a Tony award for her part in Wicked and I knew she was married to Taye Diggs but I'd never seen her or heard her sing with "Rachel" so the resemblance was striking to me. Its not often any play or TV show or movie can find two actors who look related to play characters who are related, IMO.

I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I know a lot of people who watch Glee that didn't know her before she was on. Sorry if you took it that way. :)

I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I know a lot of people who watch Glee that didn't know her before she was on. Sorry if you took it that way. :)

I never thought you were trying to be mean but thanks for clarifying. I'm just still so amazed at how well the mother-daughter story line played out both visually and musically. So many shows just play on one's emotions to get ratings that its refreshing to watch one that, to me, is engaging and interesting and fun to watch.

BTW- I just read that Lea Michele is starring in a movie as Dorothy the day after she returns from Oz.

I'm just still so amazed at how well the mother-daughter story line played out both visually and musically.

I agree with the visual aspect of your statement, but I was extremely disappointed that the song the producers chose for these 2 to sing together was "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. They could have been amazing musically, but it fell short for me.

I'm loving the repeats. There was such a long hiatus between the first and second half of the season that I forgot a lot of the things I loved about the early episodes. Like the football team performing the All The Single Ladies dance before their last play of the game. That was priceless.

What did you guys think?

I loved the premiere. I thought the Asian jokes were pretty funny, (no offense to any one that's Asian here, but Asian camp was one of the funniest things I've ever seen! :lol ) and I LOVE Sunshine! I was so pissed when I heard about Charice coming to the show to be Rachel's "rival" but I couldn't help but fall in love with her. She's just so cute! And she definitely has the voice to be some competition for Rachel, no one else in the Glee Club comes close to either of their voices. I can't wait to see what happens with her character now that she's been snatched up by VA.

I don't think I care for the new guy right now. I thought it was cute that Finn discovered him the same way he was discovered but they autotuned his voice so much that he sounds exactly like Finn! Why can't they get cute boys who can actually sing? Will Jon Groff be the only one? If so, he needs to come back asap! I hope he doesn't turn out to be Kurt's bf, I don't think he's good enough for Kurt.

I love the new coach! At first I was really sad that Ken was gone but I got over it pretty quickly. lol I actually cried when Will and Sue excluded her in the lunch room, that was so mean! And then to see her crying about it was the saddest. I hope she kicks their asses!

Who's excited for the Britney/Brittany episode? I think it's going to be so much better than the Madonna episode! Brittany is one of my favorite characters and I have always been a huge Britney Spears fan. I've seen her multiple times in concert and I never illegally download her albums. lol I can't wait!

OK, show of hands . . . who cried during The Wedding episode when Finn sang "You're Amazing" to Curt? Best Glee EVER!!!