Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

My DWTS Experience

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

nellbell

nellbell

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey All!

So I had the chance to go to the live taping of DWTS yesterday!!! I arrived at 2:30 and was afraid that I was later than I should be (ticket said arrive no later than 3:30 pm). However, the line wasn’t as long as I thought. My guest and I were number 107 & 108. We were let in in small groups then taken to a waiting area directly outside the studio to sit and wait to find out our fate. We were told multiple times it is no guarantee we would get in to see the show, but if that was the case we would be given "priority passes" to attend another DWTS taping. So as I sat and waited the closer it got to 5pm, the more worried I became that I wouldn’t be getting in. Then it happened at 4:50pm (PST) my section was taken to the door and let inů :hurray: ! I sat in the balcony area, which is actually where I was hoping to sit so I could have a better view of the dance floor. Once inside it was pretty straightforward. What you saw on t.v. was basically what I saw too. The only difference was I couldn’t see the studio clips leading up to the celebs dance and during commercials the crowd-man (don’t know official name/title) walked around and talked to people in the audience and gave out a few t-shirts. The judges stayed seated for most of the commercial breaks except for 2 when they went somewhere perhaps for a potty break or just stretch (don’t know...lol). One thing you didn’t see on camera which happened during every commercial break was Carrie Ann taking out her two cups-one with a red straw (red bull) and one with a green straw (tea) which she kept sipping from simultaneously (it was kind of funny and the “crowd-man” kept making fun of her). The judges, host, and contestants seem to be really close with each other. During commercial breaks some of the contestants would yell kind words, make gestures, or blow kisses to host Tom. The celebs also slightly interacted with the audience while waiting on the dance floor for the commercial breaks to end. The cutest moment of the night was when Tony (Audrina’s partner) came out and danced with an 8 ½ year old girl during the commercial break. The little girl was dressed to impressed, had the cutest red curls, and was so lady-like for such a young age. There were a lot of stars in the audience, which I’m sure you also saw on t.v. (Judge Judy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carson Kressley, "Peter Brady" & wife, and the celebs family). The celebs all looked true to size, so the camera doesn’t add pounds on this show (lol). I was a little shocked at how pale Mike "The Situation" was...I was thinking he is not living up to his GTL (gym, tan, laundry) mantra, but his friends and family sure did make sure they hit the tanning booth before the show. Overall, it was a great experience!!!

~Nellbell

P.S.
I hope I didn’t bore you all. :animated_wave:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
That was awesome Nellbell - thanks for sharing that with us. I'm jealous that you got to go to the show. How cool is that!?

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,612 posts
How fun. Thanks for sharing. I think it would be such a good time to watch in person.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,718 posts
Sooo glad you took the time to give us a 'blow by blow' description from start to finish.
AND you got to see the new Dancing in the Round the first time it was used.

The TV show makes you think this group REALLY like each other... glad to hear it's true.

WOW .. you got to see Jennifer's Tango. I'm so jealous.

lol... I almost feel like I was there now.

snancypants

snancypants

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,339 posts
thanks for sharing with us! What a fun adventure.

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
Very cool

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts
I'm just reading this for the first time. What a great experience! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users