Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
echo

When Driving, what keeps teams from speeding

5 posts in this topic

When they are driving cars or other type of vehicles, what keeps teams from speeding too fast and\or taking dangerous risks (ie passing other cars at high rates of speed) that could cause serious injury or death. With a million bucks on the line, I find it hard to believe they aren't exceeding speed limits especially when the speed limits is 25mph and they can easily drive 50mph to beat other teams.

If I remember correclty there have been a few teams pulled over and given tickets...but it's been a few seasons since it's happened...or editing and we dont see it.

i do remember in Season 8 Rebecca Weaver got pulled over for speeding but she got a warning and no ticket

Don't quote me on this, but I believe teams will receive a penalty for breaking any local laws while racing(ie speeding). I believe there is a cameraman/producer type of person with them(in the car or following?), so even if they aren't 'caught' by police and given a ticket, they still will be punished as far as the game is concerned, time penalty/etc. So bottom line, they have to race 'fair'.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe teams will receive a penalty for breaking any local laws while racing(ie speeding). I believe there is a cameraman/producer type of person with them(in the car or following?), so even if they aren't 'caught' by police and given a ticket, they still will be punished as far as the game is concerned, time penalty/etc. So bottom line, they have to race 'fair'.

I think you are right. :animated_scratchchin: