The Bachelor

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:50 AM

I've never seen 2 people who are supposed to be in love look so awkward with each other. There's no doubt in my mind they'll split in less than 2 months.

#62 Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

I was hoping he would have chosen Chantel myself. Emily just seems so boring,but it's like she said,she would have been more fun if they didn't put her on all the boring dates...lol
I do like Emily though,she is very pretty and sweet.I just think Brad would be better suited with Chantel

I think Emily proved on the show that she was not the sweet little girl Brad thought she was. And I'll bet that's part of what's behind their problems. But there's always been something about Brad that reminded me of Jake and the "After the Rose" show made me think it was that they are both control freaks who want women to do what they want when they want it. Maybe that's an unfair generalization but its what I thought while watching the show. So, Emily has a backbone- a pretty strong one and seems to know what she like and doesn't. In the long run, that will make for a better relationship.

I do think, though, that she's being unrealistic to have expected Brad to be any different from any other bachelor who has appeared on these shows. I'm sure they are told how to behave with the other women so as to keep us guessing and if Emily didn't know that Brad would profess strong feelings to other women then maybe she never watched the show or maybe she's just really naive but to end a relationship for that reason seems hypocritical to me.

And Brad should continue his counseling. Get help for the control issues and his bad temper and then maybe he and Emily can find their way back to each other.

#63 Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:50 AM

I was hoping he would have chosen Chantel myself. Emily just seems so boring,but it's like she said,she would have been more fun if they didn't put her on all the boring dates...lol
I do like Emily though,she is very pretty and sweet.I just think Brad would be better suited with Chantel

I totally agree that he would have been very happy with Chantel. She loves adventure and that seems to be what he wanted, but maybe not.

Oleander, you bring up some excellent points.

#64 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

Has anyone heard if Brad and Emily broke up? I seen that they did on a magazine cover.

#65 JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,714 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

I heard that rumour the day after the "After The Final Rose" aired. (I think I heard it on my local radio station, actually.)

#66 laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,169 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

They are still together, engaged and making it work. From postings on another site and their Twitters, Brad was in NC this weekend to spend time with his girls.

#67 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:38 AM

I forget what magazine it was but it was one day last week it said Brad admits its really over. It wasn't one of those gossip magazines.

#68 echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

Well I hope it works out for them, assuming Emily wasn't there as his secret escape option, which I beleive the producers now provide in case the Bachelor does not like really want to marry any of the girls.

I am skeptical that it will last more than 1 year. The shows is like summer camp for adults, no work or responsibilities, no thing real life issues to deal with. There is no way for a couple can truly get to know each other under those circumstances. At best they can get a sense of mutual attraction, interests and values.

If this show wanted to be REAL, they would select a guy and the women all from same general city. They would all keep their jobs and sleep stay in their own homes, and the cameras would follow their REAL lives as they date the same guy..... But, that wouldn't provide level of reaity TV drama that gets high ratings.

#69 jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

I was just at the grocery store again and the magazine was still there it was life and style magazine(something like that) and it said Brad admits it's over with Emily.

#70 echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

What I find really funny is that the gossip sites make up outragious titles\rumors simple so they can then report them as being false.

"Emily Dump's Brad for Former boyfriend"... Well according to our research, the rumor is false.
"Did Emily really get Pregnant while on the Bachelor".... Our inside sources, close to the couple, report that Emily never had sex with Brad during the show and is not currently pregnant.
"Is Brad gay?"... Several sources report that Brad is strictly attacted to women and is not gay

They just make up crap to make themselves look like they are keeping the record straight by reporting them as unfounded rumors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users