Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Bachelor

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,146 posts
OK, I'm switching my favorite from Emily to Shawntal (sp?) the funeral director. Emily is too much of a downer. OMG . . . the drama at the race track. Hey, her boyfriend didn't die in a race car. She was less upset when she flew on the small plane WHICH WAS HOW HE WAS KILLED. Now I think she's a phony.

Shocked that Brad kept the crazy Ashley over the bland Ashley on the 2-on-1 date. He should have let them both go.

Still can't wait til Michele gets the boot. That should be good.

Britt is still one to watch. She's quiet, but she may come on strong in the end.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I don't think she is fake at all. Nascar was a HUGE part of her life with Ricky. He raced (and wrecked to end his career) at that track. She said he had always wanted her to drive one of the race cars and she never did because she was afraid. So of course the concept of driving that car would be upsetting, IMO.
And talk about drama - the other Chantel needs to tone it down a bit. All the boohooing and jealousy doesn't seem like it's too appealing to the Brad.
Funeral director Shawntel is okay, but I thought maybe she talked a little TOO much about her profession, especially while they were eating!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Yeah.... I have watched all the episodes so far. And once again I think certain parts are scripted like we noticed before (ie Ali's first season). I believe everything centered around Michele is all loosely scripted by the producers and Brad is fully aware that she is there to provide drama.

This show is loosely based on the concept of "speed dating", but the show's producers do a lot behind the scenes to make it a drama filled show. Personally I believe the Bachelor screens (based on video interviews) and selects about 4 girls prior to starting the show. The rest of the girls are selected by the producers because they will be good for ratings. The bachelor is mainly interested in the 4 girls he selected and gets to know them as much as he can until he selects just one. The other girls of course get sent home in an order that the producers decides, sending them home in a manner that is good for ratings. And I firmly believe that 1-2 girls, such as Michele, are 100% fake bacheloretts, working with the producers to create drama knowing the bachelor has no romantic intentions with the fake bacheloretts.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I am on the fence with Emily. I do wonder if she's one of the producer's scripted insiders, and is there for the weepy drama she creates of having her boyfriend die tragically, finding out she pregnant a couple days later, and ever since no other man can live up to the legend of her dead race car boyfriend. It very well could be 100% real; sometimes life is stranger than fiction, but I also suspect we could be setup for another walk-away tear jerker like when Frank dumped Ali (which was staged). I also could see Emily being selected at the very end, too.

[Predicting] Michele likely will make to the final 4, but not go as far as the home town date. There will be some more big drama moments centered around her and then Brad finally sending her home. No doubt in my mind her part on the show is being directed by the producers. In part, she can suggest ideas to the girls, as one of girls, that the producers couldn't do without it seems like they are being told what to do.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I think Emily is a set up for the next Bachelorette... She'll make the final 2 where Brad will pick the other girl and ABC has the "perfect" set-up for the sweet and beautiful girl that only wants to find true love after her tragic 1st loves death and being left at the "altar".

imo

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

I think Emily is a set up for the next Bachelorette... She'll make the final 2 where Brad will pick the other girl and ABC has the "perfect" set-up for the sweet and beautiful girl that only wants to find true love after her tragic 1st loves death and being left at the "altar".

imo

That scenario has definitely crossed my mind.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,146 posts
Personally, I don't think Emily has enough personality to be the next Bachelorette but that hasn't stopped the producers from giving us lots of dull Bachelors (Womack twice). So it wouldn't surprise me.

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
From the Red Cross commercial week I have put Michelle on my "next Vienna" list.
I wouldn't put it beside Brad to take her to the end...

This show is really bothering me - the whole "fear factor" theme by making the women show Brad their love by dealing with fear is just too much. I am beyond bored with Brad's mission to overcome his commitment issues.

I barely watch the show...I just quickly fast forward the DVR and then hit erase.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

From the Red Cross commercial week I have put Michelle on my "next Vienna" list.
I wouldn't put it beside Brad to take her to the end...

This show is really bothering me - the whole "fear factor" theme by making the women show Brad their love by dealing with fear is just too much. I am beyond bored with Brad's mission to overcome his commitment issues.

I barely watch the show...I just quickly fast forward the DVR and then hit erase.

Nope, Michelle definitely is not going to the end. Batshit crazy has left the island!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

I think Emily is a set up for the next Bachelorette... She'll make the final 2 where Brad will pick the other girl and ABC has the "perfect" set-up for the sweet and beautiful girl that only wants to find true love after her tragic 1st loves death and being left at the "alter".

imo

I have speculated that the show pre-selects the next bachelor\ett and then script their role in the current season to look like they are being heart broken\rejected, when in fact the show is really setting up the audience to want him\her to return the following season. Brad in this case knows in advance that Emily (if she is the one) is a fake love interest and all their date stuff is scripted\staged. We saw this happen with Ali. A lot of her rejection stuff was clearly a stage setup so she would selected as the next Bachelorett. By doing it this way, it provides the person with the training needed (without the pressure; she knows she not there to win) to be the next bachelor\ett.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

Nope, Michelle definitely is not going to the end. Batshit crazy has left the island!

You do know Michelle really is a professional model and actress. That "Hair dresser" bi-line is just BS, something she may have once done or does as a hobby. There is no doubt in my mind she was included as a fake love interest to play the role of the "evil bitch" who everyone loves to hate. She's a mole for the producers. Some of her private comments into the camera have been outrageously funny like "This is a game, and I'm here to win Brad" or "I am going to make Brad fall in love with me". Practically everything she says\does is designed to make the audience hate her. And.... also notice she never talks bad about any of girls Brad as a serious romantic interest (ie Michelle knows who Brad wants to keep around). She acts more like a facilitator with the other girls, feeding them (the producers) ideas or doing things to suggest to the other girls that its OK to do certain type of Jaw dropping things like show up at brads room unexpected. The producers want the women to do outrageous things, that is why Michelle is there to encourage them to take risks. The show thrives on outrageous stuff, so they need the girls to do it on their own, and if the women don't then the producers have their mole(s) there which they can have her do whatever they want to ensure there is enough drama for 16 episodes.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I just started watching it this season and I like it,don't love it but like it..lol
I am glad he finally got rid of that crazy woman Michele last night. She is whacked!!! My 2 favs is Emily and Chantal. Chantal is showing to much jealousy but how couldn't you in this situation? He would be jealous too if he had to watch them kissing other men. That's gotta be hard to watch a man or woman you have strong feelings for with another woman or hearing about him with another woman.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

I just started watching it this season and I like it,don't love it but like it..lol
I am glad he finally got rid of that crazy woman Michele last night. She is whacked!!! My 2 favs is Emily and Chantal. Chantal is showing to much jealousy but how couldn't you in this situation? He would be jealous too if he had to watch them kissing other men. That's gotta be hard to watch a man or woman you have strong feelings for with another woman or hearing about him with another woman.

And if you think about it, the producers clearly did this intentionally to create drama. If they didn't want to invoke jealousy, they wouldn't have created a group date where they all go on a playboy type photo shoot. It's like wondering what is going to happen when you pore gas on fire. Posted Image

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I like Ashley, hope she and Brad live happily ever after. (Even though I realize this show isn't "real.")

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts

And if you think about it, the producers clearly did this intentionally to create drama. If they didn't want to invoke jealousy, they wouldn't have created a group date where they all go on a playboy type photo shoot. It's like wondering what is going to happen when you pore gas on fire. Posted Image

Yep I agree!!! It does make interesting tv though haha

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Melissa Rycroft has a new baby girl! PS - she didn't name it Molly haha

http://www.kidglue.c...d-out-the-name/

One of ABC’s most memorable Bachelorettes, Melissa Rycroft, has just announced that she and her husband Tye Strickland have welcomed a baby girl.

Most of you will remember Melissa from Jason Mesnick’s season of The Bachelor. She was originally chosen as the girl Jason wanted to spend his life with but shortly afterwards was dumped by Mesnick and traded in for runner-up Molly Malaney. Molly and Jason are now married and Melissa is happily married to her pre-Bachelor boyfriend Tye (weird, right?).

Melissa is a happy new mom to 6lb 13oz Ava Grace Strickland. What an adorable name for a little girl. I have to admit, that’s the cutest name I’ve heard in a while.

“Our lives have changed so much in the last two years and today we’ve been blessed with the best change ever, our beautiful baby girl,” Melissa, 27, tells PEOPLE.

But does Melissa ever think back on her days on The Bachelor and wish things would have ended differently? Not in the least. “Everything is wonderful and life is exactly as it should be,” she said.

We couldn’t be happier for Melissa and Tye.

Congratulations!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
So there is a real life after the show. It surely doesn't happen during. :)

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
OK.... so he goes and meets all their families, but when he goes to Emily's, he only meets her little daughter. Doesn't she have a real family? That's very fishy. Then at the end of the evening he says he's not going to kiss her out of respect. What a bunch of bull that was. Naw I suspect we were really watching the next Bachelorett, and everything we seen between Brad and emily has been manufactured from the very start.

And I thought it was strange that we saw Brad actually ask Shawntell's dad for permission to marry her... Man, a guy doesn't do that unless he is 100% sure. A guy doesn't ask [paraphrasing]: "I'm dating three other girls, but I might want to marry your daughter. If, by chance, I decide I want to marry your daughter will you give me your permission now"... and do it on national TV. That seems pretty fishy too. My thinking is that Brad has already decided, and its time give the other two girls the bad news.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts

OK.... so he goes and meets all their families, but when he goes to Emily's, he only meets her little daughter. Doesn't she have a real family? That's very fishy. Then at the end of the evening he says he's not going to kiss her out of respect. What a bunch of bull that was. Naw I suspect we were really watching the next Bachelorett, and everything we seen between Brad and emily has been manufactured from the very start.

And I thought it was strange that we saw Brad actually ask Shawntell's dad for permission to marry her... Man, a guy doesn't do that unless he is 100% sure. A guy doesn't ask [paraphrasing]: "I'm dating three other girls, but I might want to marry your daughter. If, by chance, I decide I want to marry your daughter will you give me your permission now"... and do it on national TV. That seems pretty fishy too. My thinking is that Brad has already decided, and its time give the other two girls the bad news.

I hope he does choose Shawntel I really like them together. Emily just seems BORING to me and I dont like him and ashley together at all.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Actually Shawntel was the funeral director and she is gone. Chantel is the one who is left, along with Emily and Ashley. To me, Chantel is a bit overemotional, it's boo hoo woooo half the time. I guess if he wants the drama, she'll make a good wife!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users