Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Ada

ada-1.jpg

Ada

Height:5'6"

Hometown:San Francisco, CA

Biography

Ada has struggled with weight her entire life, and was shy growing up in Gilroy, California, with her younger brother and parents, who emigrated from China. Ridiculed about her weight and with no encouraging and supportive people around her, she turned to food for comfort. As she went through her school years, her personality blossomed and she excelled as a student. Her hard work continued at the University of San Francisco, where Ada earned a bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on international business. Now 27 years old and 258 pounds, Ada hopes losing weight will allow her to feel more confident, feel good about her life, and finally be happy. She looks forward to shopping for clothes when she loses weight, as well as snowboarding, rock climbing and even running a marathon.

NBC

Somebody should walk up and slap her dad in the face and ask him how he could do and say such a thing to his child. Jerk.

I like this girl - she is pretty quiet, but I like her positive attitude and she is really trying to lose the weight. I hope her dad appreciates her efforts - I still think he's a jerk that needs a good smack.

I've moved way beyond jerk with my opinion of her parents, esp. her father. WHO in the world blames a toddler for their baby brother drowning when the parents are the dumbasses that left two little kids unattended in a kiddy pool? I know a lot of the Jillian psychology is staged and all that, but seriously, this girl drew the short straw when it came to parents. Blaming her for her brother's death, saying they wish she had been the one that died, and making fun of her for being fat - poor Ada didn't have to worry about school yard bullies, she lived with two of the worst bullies imaginable.

Okay, end of rant, but I'm still mad.

This weeks's episode was my first to watch, but Ada is my standout as favorite!

Her parents are stupid, and she be kicked.. I hope she makes it far, and gains some self-esteem along the way.

Good job this week again - immunity for being the highest percentage weight loss. Hope this is helping build her self esteem

I love Ada and hope she wins. She deserves something good for once. I know the weight loss is great and everything, but for her to win and shove that in her parents face would be wonderful!

I was so sad for her when she didn't get a video from home. I mean, if they didn't want to be on TV, they could have written her a note at least. To not have any support from your family must be incredibly hard. She is doing so great, and I hope the other people in the house keep their word and stay in touch with her after it's over because her own family clearly sucks, and she needs support from her alternative family.

I want her to win hands down!

When she gave away that car, every though she was beating everybody by alot, and she needed a car.. that was amazing.

Ada for the win. Well, I am rooting for her but I have a feeling one of the big guys will win this. :disappointed:

Me too! I am curious to see what her homecoming next week will be like. I hope her family steps up to support her for once. She obviously craves that approval and acceptance from them, but they seem incapable of giving it.

I'm rooting for Ada all the way, the hell with those big lugs, especially Patrick,lol

absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so glad to see even a glimmer of support from her parents. Her mom seemed really touched by the whole thing, and her dad, I think he is trying to show his love the only way he knows how. Cultural thing I think. But I think if anything, her mom really gets it and will try harder to be the mom she needs her to be.

I also was happy to see them step up and I also think it is cultural, I want her to win, but those guys have more to lose and would make the percentage bigger, I really dont like Patrick, just sayin,lol