BB 13

Dade

:party_smilie:

"BIG BROTHER" TO SIZZLE AGAIN IN SUMMER 2011

:party_smilie:

09.15.2010 "BIG BROTHER" TO SIZZLE AGAIN IN SUMMER 2011

CBS PICKS UP ANOTHER EDITION OF ITS PERENNIAL REALITY HIT

This Summer's 12th Edition Continues to Post Across-the-Board Increases On-Air and Online

Two-Hour Finale to be Broadcast Tonight, 9:00-11:00 PM, Following the Premiere of "Survivor: Nicaragua"

BIG BROTHER, the perennial summer reality hit, will return for its 13th edition next summer on the CBS Television Network.

This summer's 12th edition of BIG BROTHER is posting year-to-year increases, up +5% in viewers (7.64m vs. 7.26m), +4% in adults 18-49 (2.7/09 vs. 2.6/08), +10% in adults 18-34 (2.3/08 vs. 2.1/07) and +3% in adults 25-54 (3.2/09 vs. 3.1/09).

"Big Brother is our summer hero," said Jennifer Bresnan, executive vice president, alternative programming, CBS Entertainment. "Every year, our producers deliver innovative twists and turns, consistently evolving this proven franchise and engaging one of the most loyal and interactive fan bases on television and online."

Online, BIG BROTHER continues to grow with CBS.com seeing a +15% increase in full-episode views compared to a similar period last summer.

The special two-hour finale of this summer's edition of BIG BROTHER, when Lane, Enzo and Hayden will compete for the $500,000 prize, will be broadcast tonight (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) following the premiere of "Survivor: Nicaragua."

BIG BROTHER, hosted by Julie Chen, follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with over 52 cameras and 95 microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week, the Houseguests vote someone out of the house. Tonight, the last remaining Houseguest will receive the grand prize of $500,000.

BIG BROTHER 12 is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree--please no more all-stars. Go back to people that do not know each other. I am a big fan but if I see Enzo or Rachel on BB again, I WILL NOT WATCH the season.

"Every year, our producers deliver innovative twists and turns, consistently evolving this proven franchise and engaging one of the most loyal and interactive fan bases on television and online."

Now I understand why the final three are so delusional. The production staff is the same! Innovative twists and turns? Are they serious? Its the same stuff over and over with just some slight modifications. And there is no evolution in the game. The same comps each season in almost the same order. Both the HGs and the viewers know whats coming up.

To be fair, they were rewarded this year with extra high ratings (inexplicably... you know it's not based on it being a good season).

My only guess is that Summer primetime television has become so bare now, really the only two newly produced shows each year are America's Got Talent and Big Brother. It's not much choice to choose from.

To be fair, they were rewarded this year with extra high ratings (inexplicably... you know it's not based on it being a good season).

My only guess is that Summer primetime television has become so bare now, really the only two newly produced shows each year are America's Got Talent and Big Brother. It's not much choice to choose from.

Even a bad season of Big Brother is still pretty good!!! Bottom line because it is Big Brother. This year is definitely up their as one of the worst, but it was still good because it was BB JMHO.

BTW I really want all stars season it is time for another one!!! I don't really want a fresh slate of people I am tired of that time to see the likes of Evil Dick, and Crazy James again!!!!

Either that or a bunch of regular real people who have been hurt by the economic problems!!! A suggestion someone made in a different thread earlier.

I would love it if they would do another winter edition. Helps break up the dol-drums!

I'm all for that but slim chance of it happening though. Unless there is another

writers strike. That's the only reason why we got an extra season that year.

Guest 6Borders

Please....NO MORE Dull Stars! That's like watching re-runs of Lucy asking Ricky why she can't be in the show!

The HG's were boring, cocky or both and I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to see any of them again because they will be more of same, and even worse because now they think they are big reality TV stars!!!

As I posted elsewhere, Grodner does not take well to suggestions but I still think we should flood her and CBS with ideas on how to make BB at least watch-able!!!!

I want to see all new people, no actors/actresses, models, super hero's....

New comps

Everyone on the jury!

Finale give each of the F2 an opportunity to cancel one person's vote after the votes are locked in

Please....NO MORE Dull Stars! That's like watching re-runs of Lucy asking Ricky why she can't be in the show!

The HG's were boring, cocky or both and I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to see any of them again because they will be more of same, and even worse because now they think they are big reality TV stars!!!

As I posted elsewhere, Grodner does not take well to suggestions but I still think we should flood her and CBS with ideas on how to make BB at least watch-able!!!!

I want to see all new people, no actors/actresses, models, super hero's....

New comps

Everyone on the jury!

Finale give each of the F2 an opportunity to cancel one person's vote after the votes are locked in

Like your ideas and despite viewer numbers being up that AG will read some of the feelings of us long time viewers. I watched a long time before I found Morty's. Also agree that I would not care for all stars. I don't want to see any of the cast from season 11!!! Bring back ED maybe but no one else...please AG please, please, please.....I will keep begging if it helps (sadly I don't think it will :crybaby: )

Here's a novel idea, how about having a multi-cultural BB? How appropriate would that be? I would love to see 11(?) people of different backgrounds/cultures co-existing together rather than the typical superficial dull predictable drones you usually choose. I think it would be educational and promote tolerance in this relatively xenophobic society of ours. And the best thing is Ms. Producer, you don't even have to pay me for the idea. I would be rewarded in the promotion of co-existing, or should I say, anti-homogenization?

MultiCultural...you mean blue eyed people vs. green eyed people. OH,MY!!! :animated_rotfl:

Maybe the most obnoxious from many different genres of Reality TV...Russell from Survivor, ED, Janelle because I didn't watch BB when she was on...(nurse would only let me watch Mickey Mouse!)

What about an international group...India, China, Canada, Cleveland...you know what I mean...

Seriously, they need to update their little "stunts" and GIVE THOSE LAZY H.G.'S SOME REAL TASKS TO PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS, SO THEY DON'T JUST LAY ON THEIR BUTTS AND MOAN.

Also, all stars' would be the first to go if newbies were included. Let's all hope it's an improvement over this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I am ALWAYS up for all stars (but I know I am practically the only one here lol) but I doubt it since they are doing casting calls already.

Anyone applying this year? I'd love to be in the BB house - but even after watching for 10 solid years, I am always too chicken to apply. It would definitely be a fun experience but... no.

• 4 months later...

I am guessing all*stars 2 for Big Brother

since

Survivor did their 2nd all*stars with Heroes Vs. Villains

and

the Amazing Race is currently in their 2nd all*stars with Unfinished Business

though it isn't much of a all*stars since Jeff & Jordan aren't racing again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 6Borders

If it's another Dull Stars it means the casting people either can't find anyone among the bizillion applicants they themselves would want to watch or they are lazy as home-made sin and want to take the easy way out so they went out to find former HG's who are so desperate for money and their mis-guided idea of fame that they will jump at the chance to do the show...Grodner's form of "product integration". If it's not Dull Stars but a "regular season" and even one former HG comes back (even someone I liked) I am done with BB.

I havent even heard about casting calls in the Texas area.

Do you normally hear about casting calls in March? I have no idea when they start!

Hey Slim, nice to see you! :D

Archived