Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest XandraSkye

'The 4400'

109 posts in this topic

Did anyone watch this series last summer? I watched the DVDs over the weekend and it was a pretty cool show. It's coming back this summer starting on June 5th for 13 episodes. It looks like everyone but the wife of Tom (Kyle's dad and the main male character) is coming back. You can read about the new season on the USA network's website.

I loved the limited run, but was so disappointed with the reason they were taken and returned! I am really looking forward to seeing it's return!

Really? I thought the time travel thing was sort of neat. Something a little different than the typical "we were abducted by aliens to be anally probed". :P

I guess I like it too much when the mystery lingers a little ... then again, now we have the mystery of things from the future ... and let's not forget the baby!

Also, at the time they didn't know if the show would continue beyond those episodes so they probably had to give us some sort of explaination if that was the end of it. The decision for a 2nd season came later.

That is the one reason I can't complain too much ... at least we got a resolution, unlike many of my other favourite short-lived Sci-Fi series!

SPOILERS - Highlight to read......

The 4400 (USA Network) -

05/23 - Episode 2.01 - Wake-Up Call [Airing June 5]: (Note: this is the Season 2 teaser) One year after the events on the beach revealed the 4400 were taken and returned by future humans' date=' the world is a much different place. After a period of intense medical observation, Tom has returned to NTAC in a limited capacity, assigned only to desk duty. He eventually secures his son's release from a similar government study and is excited by the prospect of returning to a somewhat normal life. However, professionally, he's also anxious to re-team with Diana and get back out in the field. Diana, having been through a series of inept partners, finally finds a way to cut through the red tape and get Tom back, all while in the midst of formally adopting Maia. Meanwhile, Richard, Lily, and the baby - who is now six months old and showing that she is far from an ordinary child - are still living in meager conditions in a mountain cabin far away from Jordan Collier. Collier has now closed Arcadia Estates, his mansion and compound for The 4400 refugees, and is on the verge of opening "The 4400 Centers," a place for non-members of the 4400 to discover "the 4400 within themselves." And Collier and Shawn have developed a strong father-son bond after Shawn healed Collier from the detrimental effects he suffered after touching Lily's stomach/womb. Collier becomes Shawn's guardian, and enlists him to heal important benefactors of The 4400 Centers. With the world understandably curious about The 4400, rumors begin to spread about their mysreious abilities, and public opinion soon becomes divided between those who embrace The 4400 and those who fear them. As the members of The 4400 struggle to resume and rebuild their "life interrupted," each will come to play a pivotal role in events still to come... events that will shape the destiny of the human race. Source: USA Network

05/23 - Episode 2.02 - Voices Carry [Airing June 12']

05/23 - Episode 2.03 - Weight of the World [Airing June 19]: Someone put his 4400 ability up for auction. The Supreme Court will have a special session to determine if it's legal and if the auction can continue. Diana and Tom are ordered to investigate. Pop diva Chloe Gallagher is at the 4400 Center and claims that Jordan's book was a revelation to her. She even cut her tour short because she felt she needed to come to the 4400 Center and become a student

FROM TV GUIDE: Roush Review

The 4400

The 4400 Are Back!

If there's a breakout hit this summer, it may very well be on cable

Second Season of 'The 4400' Launched

By BRIDGET BYRNE, For The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Billy Campbell is back as manipulative power broker Jordan Collier in USA Network's "The 4400," about a disparate group of people who returned to Earth in a ball of light after being missing for anywhere from weeks to decades.

But just how evil Collier is remains to be seen

Great Post Jem!

I love Maia and I am convinced she is the key to many many things ...

50-18633-sm.jpg

Veronica in Trouble? Alias Off for Fall? We Delve into TV's Gravest Dangers; Plus, 6FU is Back!

by Kristin Veitch | June 3, 2005

90.campbell.billy.060205.jpg

Join The 4400: USA Network's addictive series The 4400 returns this Sunday and to mark the event, they're going to do something unheard of in Hollywood: They're going to help people.

If you happen to be in the Los Angeles area this Sunday, consider checking out The 4400 Meter Run/Walk, a charity event raising awareness and funds for the National Center for Missing Adults and the Nation's Missing Children Organization. The 4400 cast includes Billy Campbell, Laura Allen and Peter Coyote, and I'm told that some of them will be making surprise appearances.

The event will take place at Exposition Park, at 39th & Vermont Ave. in Los Angeles, starting at 8 a.m. You can register at the official 4400 Website.

I have been watching this show from the very beginning all afternoon. I haden't heard too much or even knew much about it until this post and then I was flipping through the channels and came across the pilot and it seems like they are playing the whole season. I am still trying to figure the whole thing out but I am very intrigued.

I did not watch it last year, but the ads on USA make it look interesting I plan to check it out tonight :D:D

I watched the 2 hour season opener last nite, I liked it ,can't wait for next week :D:D:D

Although it is back in the USA, the 4400 returns to the Space Channel in Canada on August 15th! :wink:

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The 4400

Shawn saving lives. Check. Jordan Collier still evil. Check. Kyle still freaking. Check. OK, folks: We've got a second season. And it gets going with, among other things, baby Isabelle "telling" Lily and Richard to leave their little fugitive cabin. Lily agrees, but Richard balks at taking direction from a 3-month-old. I see his point, of course, but don't you think he should listen to a superpowered baby? I mean, remember the bending trees from last year?

Now Collier publishes a book spilling the beans on the future folks sending the 4400 back and says he was withholding the information for more than a year to avoid a large-scale panic. So... what's to stop that panic now? Has the world suddenly gotten more stable and sane? Not the patients at Tess' mental hospital, who behave like ants and want only to build the tower she drew. I can only hope my neighbors don't start up with that since all our ants tromp through our bathroom and kitchen cabinets, ending up in our cereal if we don't remember to keep it in a sealed plastic bag. Just imagine the crap all those people would track in.

And another thing: What's the harm in letting the patients and staff finish the tower? Oh, yeah. If you let them do that right away, we don't have a conflict for the plot, do we? But OK, I didn't see the twist

I watched the Marathon on sunday (than god for cable) I love this show. The season opener was pretty good as well.

From last season I was sad to see the Fish guy die :( I loved that guy on Sex and the City..

Does anyone else thing that 4400 could be the year they came back from?

I can't help but think of Lost when I watch this and I have to say I like this much more than Lost

They say it refers to the number of returnees ... but wow Neb, great thinking!!!!! :wink:

... and 4400 was BEFORE Lost ...!!! :wink:

They say it refers to the number of returnees ... but wow Neb, great thinking!!!!! :wink:

... and 4400 was BEFORE Lost ...!!! :wink:

yeah I know it is the # of people but the NTCA agents Tom and Diana, were thinking that the # of people was a clue to something else because it was such a round #

I know what you meant Neb ... and I think it is "great thinking" ... now you have me perusing forums elsewhere looking for more clues! :wink:

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The 4400

Noise is a part of baseball, but it's worse when you're telepathic like luckless minor-leaguer Garry Navarro. In 1973, he was an up-and-coming star when he got abducted into the future, and now that he's in 2005 he can hear what's going on in everybody's head. It's not so bad when he's just focusing on the pitcher (he went 5 for 5 with two homers in one game), but he can't handle reading the minds of his teammates, opponents and the crowd simultaneously (good thing he's not in Philly).

Garry hopes NTAC can help him, but instead of turning the sound down, they use him to spy on Jordan's 4400 center. Garry accepts, provided they treat his condition. Tom swears NTAC will. When Garry enters, he can hear a perky woman preparing her bright-eyed pitch. I couldn't help but wonder if this was how Tom Cruise was introduced to Scientology.

Then, before you can say "bad guy", in pops Ian Duvat, an arms dealer with a grizzled expression that just screams heavy. Even worse, he's swiped the drugs that help Garry focus. Luckily, Tom and Diana arrive in the nick of time to save Garry before the poor dude gets his head blown off, but for a guy who just wanted to play in the World Series, the cloak and dagger shenanigans are too much. Then, Tom's word goes out the window when NTAC decides to use Garry on another mission. That's the spy world for you. Oh, and Richard's eerie daughter gives dad a mild seizure. Just wait 'til she reaches the terrible twos.

I am really starting to get into this show but the only scenes I don't like are the ones with Richard and Lily (I think thats her name) and their daughter. It seems like something horrible is always happening and I know it's supposed to seem as though the daughter is protecting them but I have a feeling she is only going to make matters worse for them.

I'm hooked now, only wished I had seen last seasons shows

I think they are out on DVD Art, and yes they are well worth watching ...