Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

'The 4400'

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests
Did anyone watch this series last summer? I watched the DVDs over the weekend and it was a pretty cool show. It's coming back this summer starting on June 5th for 13 episodes. It looks like everyone but the wife of Tom (Kyle's dad and the main male character) is coming back. You can read about the new season on the USA network's website.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
I loved the limited run, but was so disappointed with the reason they were taken and returned! I am really looking forward to seeing it's return!

Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests
Really? I thought the time travel thing was sort of neat. Something a little different than the typical "we were abducted by aliens to be anally probed". tongue.gif

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
I guess I like it too much when the mystery lingers a little ... then again, now we have the mystery of things from the future ... and let's not forget the baby!

Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests
Also, at the time they didn't know if the show would continue beyond those episodes so they probably had to give us some sort of explaination if that was the end of it. The decision for a 2nd season came later.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
That is the one reason I can't complain too much ... at least we got a resolution, unlike many of my other favourite short-lived Sci-Fi series!

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
[quote=Jem][b]SPOILERS - Highlight to read......

The 4400 (USA Network) -

05/23 - Episode 2.01 - Wake-Up Call [Airing June 5]: (Note: this is the Season 2 teaser) One year after the events on the beach revealed the 4400 were taken and returned by future humans, the world is a much different place. After a period of intense medical observation, Tom has returned to NTAC in a limited capacity, assigned only to desk duty. He eventually secures his son's release from a similar government study and is excited by the prospect of returning to a somewhat normal life. However, professionally, he's also anxious to re-team with Diana and get back out in the field. Diana, having been through a series of inept partners, finally finds a way to cut through the red tape and get Tom back, all while in the midst of formally adopting Maia. Meanwhile, Richard, Lily, and the baby - who is now six months old and showing that she is far from an ordinary child - are still living in meager conditions in a mountain cabin far away from Jordan Collier. Collier has now closed Arcadia Estates, his mansion and compound for The 4400 refugees, and is on the verge of opening "The 4400 Centers," a place for non-members of the 4400 to discover "the 4400 within themselves." And Collier and Shawn have developed a strong father-son bond after Shawn healed Collier from the detrimental effects he suffered after touching Lily's stomach/womb. Collier becomes Shawn's guardian, and enlists him to heal important benefactors of The 4400 Centers. With the world understandably curious about The 4400, rumors begin to spread about their mysreious abilities, and public opinion soon becomes divided between those who embrace The 4400 and those who fear them. As the members of The 4400 struggle to resume and rebuild their "life interrupted," each will come to play a pivotal role in events still to come... events that will shape the destiny of the human race. Source: USA Network
05/23 - Episode 2.02 - Voices Carry [Airing June 12]
05/23 - Episode 2.03 - Weight of the World [Airing June 19]: Someone put his 4400 ability up for auction. The Supreme Court will have a special session to determine if it's legal and if the auction can continue. Diana and Tom are ordered to investigate. Pop diva Chloe Gallagher is at the 4400 Center and claims that Jordan's book was a revelation to her. She even cut her tour short because she felt she needed to come to the 4400 Center and become a student… Jordan makes sure this new "recruit" is well treated as it will profit the center. Shawn is working on a recruitment video for the 4400 Center. Richard and Lilly travel to Montana where they meet with Eric Papequash, who disappeared in 1955. Kyle is in this episode.
05/23 - Episode 2.04 - Regal Piece

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: Roush Review
The 4400

The 4400 Are Back!

If there's a breakout hit this summer, it may very well be on cable — like the unexpected success last year of the six-hour supernatural "event series" The 4400.

It's back as a weekly series, and while not quite an event, the provocative concept is so clever and suspenseful that it makes up for uneven casting and a generic tone. This is an "A" premise trapped in a "B" production, which cult fans won't mind if the story rocks. So far, so good.

The two-hour opener picks up six months after last year's miniseries, which introduced the 4400: ordinary folks who vanished one by one over the last 60 years. They all reappeared at once in a ball of light, unchanged in look but with many possessing strange powers. Their stories of adjustment, persecution and occasional heroism continue to give The 4400 its heart.

We now know that the 4400 weren't abducted by aliens, but were taken into the future and returned by a dying human race. In a nutshell, the series follows their mission to avert an unknown calamity, while government agents (Jacqueline McKenzie and Joel Gretsch, as a Mulder and Scully Lite) investigate the weird events surrounding the 4400.

The show is part Close Encounters, part The Fugitive (a couple on the lam has a spooky new baby who could hold the key to the 4400's future), weaving political and religious intrigues along with the unnerving personal stories of these displaced strangers among us.

While I yearn for the urgent mystery of the original miniseries, I know I want to learn and see more of The 4400. That's a good sign.

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Second Season of 'The 4400' Launched
By BRIDGET BYRNE, For The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -
Billy Campbell is back as manipulative power broker Jordan Collier in USA Network's "The 4400," about a disparate group of people who returned to Earth in a ball of light after being missing for anywhere from weeks to decades.

But just how evil Collier is remains to be seen — one of many mysteries on the series' second season, which begins Sunday at 9 p.m. EDT. "It's a lot more fun to play the bad guy," says Campbell, who was serial killer Ted Bundy in USA's movie "The Stranger Beside Me."

On the phone from Nova Scotia, where he was embarking on a yearlong, around-the-world sailing adventure, the 45-year-old actor sounded much more relaxed than the driven Collier, whom he gleefully dubs "a sociopath."

"Jordan's written a book. He's started a kind of cult. I have much more to do in the second series than in the first," says Campbell, who guest-starred in three episodes last summer. He is probably best known for starring opposite Sela Ward as Rick Sammler in ABC's romantic drama "Once and Again." He also played Luke Fuller in the 1980s soap series "Dynasty."

Maria Suro, co-executive producer of "The 4400," describes Collier as "a guy who has pretty much accomplished everything he has set out to accomplish, regardless of having been 'taken.' He's clearly a powerful man, yet someone who can come into the room and be incredibly charming. Billy has that presence, that quality, and I think audiences will be pleasantly surprised when they see where the character goes because..."

Suro trails off, not wanting to give away any surprises.

The 4,400 abductees, who have no memory of what happened during their time away, have returned the same age as when they left, but endowed with various unexplained physical and mental gifts. In the new season, they've been back for more than a year, but integration is still a problem for many.

Most of the main characters have returned for the 13 new episodes, with the exception of Dennis Ryland ( Peter Coyote), whose duties as director of the National Threat Assessment Command are now held by Nina Jarvis (Samantha Ferris).

NTCA agents Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch) and Diana Skouris (Jacqueline McKenzie) are still trying to figure out what happened to the abductees, and what forces — alien or otherwise — are responsible for the phenomena.

Skouris has adopted Maia Rutledge (Conchita Campbell), a young girl taken in 1946 who understandably is having trouble relating with today's kids. Richard Tyler (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali), who was taken in 1951, and Lily Moore (Laura Allen), who disappeared in '93, are still on the run from both the NTCA and Collier, protecting their baby from anyone wanting to probe into her remarkable powers. Meanwhile, Shawn Farrell (Patrick Flueger), abducted in 2001, is under the control of Collier, who's using his healing powers to give credence to the cult.

With 4,400 potential tales to tell, there's almost unlimited freedom to introduce new characters.

The series was created by Scott Peters and René Echevarria, who sold the concept to Suro in the wake of 9-11 as showing "how people live on" after a truly cataclysmic experience. "It's just such an interesting premise — people trying to fit in. It's almost allegorical," says Campbell, stressing that it's more "science fantasy" than "science fiction."

Suro echoes that notion. "It's not about lasers and special effects," she says. "Every now and then you have to deliver some of that, but that's not where the show lives. We always come back to the fact that we are telling stories about these people and how they are trying to put the pieces of their lives back together."

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Great Post Jem!

I love Maia and I am convinced she is the key to many many things ...

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Veronica in Trouble? Alias Off for Fall? We Delve into TV's Gravest Dangers; Plus, 6FU is Back!
by Kristin Veitch | June 3, 2005

Join The 4400: USA Network's addictive series The 4400 returns this Sunday and to mark the event, they're going to do something unheard of in Hollywood: They're going to help people.

If you happen to be in the Los Angeles area this Sunday, consider checking out The 4400 Meter Run/Walk, a charity event raising awareness and funds for the National Center for Missing Adults and the Nation's Missing Children Organization. The 4400 cast includes Billy Campbell, Laura Allen and Peter Coyote, and I'm told that some of them will be making surprise appearances.

The event will take place at Exposition Park, at 39th & Vermont Ave. in Los Angeles, starting at 8 a.m. You can register at the official 4400 Website.

TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts
I have been watching this show from the very beginning all afternoon. I haden't heard too much or even knew much about it until this post and then I was flipping through the channels and came across the pilot and it seems like they are playing the whole season. I am still trying to figure the whole thing out but I am very intrigued.

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
I did not watch it last year, but the ads on USA make it look interesting I plan to check it out tonight biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
I watched the 2 hour season opener last nite, I liked it ,can't wait for next week biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts
I recorded it will watch it tonight..hopefully biggrin.gif

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Although it is back in the USA, the 4400 returns to the Space Channel in Canada on August 15th! :wink:

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The 4400

Shawn saving lives. Check. Jordan Collier still evil. Check. Kyle still freaking. Check. OK, folks: We've got a second season. And it gets going with, among other things, baby Isabelle "telling" Lily and Richard to leave their little fugitive cabin. Lily agrees, but Richard balks at taking direction from a 3-month-old. I see his point, of course, but don't you think he should listen to a superpowered baby? I mean, remember the bending trees from last year?

Now Collier publishes a book spilling the beans on the future folks sending the 4400 back and says he was withholding the information for more than a year to avoid a large-scale panic. So... what's to stop that panic now? Has the world suddenly gotten more stable and sane? Not the patients at Tess' mental hospital, who behave like ants and want only to build the tower she drew. I can only hope my neighbors don't start up with that since all our ants tromp through our bathroom and kitchen cabinets, ending up in our cereal if we don't remember to keep it in a sealed plastic bag. Just imagine the crap all those people would track in.

And another thing: What's the harm in letting the patients and staff finish the tower? Oh, yeah. If you let them do that right away, we don't have a conflict for the plot, do we? But OK, I didn't see the twist — that the tower was meant to cure Tess' fellow patient, former brilliant scientist Kevin — coming. Nicely done, people. However, if Kevin becomes the father of the 4400 in the future, as they say, how'd the future people create all these superpowered abductees before he was cured in this episode? Stupid time-space continuum dilemma. Ruined all the Terminator movies for me, too.

As for Diana reading the creepy prediction in Maia's diary about her bosses being punished for betraying her and Maia? Hey, that's what you get when you snoop: things you don't want to know. I could've told you that, and my only power is being pretty good at the TV Guide.com Matchmaker.

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
I watched the Marathon on sunday (than god for cable) I love this show. The season opener was pretty good as well.

From last season I was sad to see the Fish guy die sad.gif I loved that guy on Sex and the City..

Does anyone else thing that 4400 could be the year they came back from?

I can't help but think of Lost when I watch this and I have to say I like this much more than Lost

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
They say it refers to the number of returnees ... but wow Neb, great thinking!!!!! :wink:

... and 4400 was BEFORE Lost ...!!! :wink:

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
QUOTE(ranster627)
They say it refers to the number of returnees ... but wow Neb, great thinking!!!!! :wink:

... and 4400 was BEFORE Lost ...!!! :wink:

yeah I know it is the # of people but the NTCA agents Tom and Diana, were thinking that the # of people was a clue to something else because it was such a round #

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users