Sign in to follow this  
Guest XandraSkye

'The 4400'

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

The 4400

by Leah Friedman

Episode Recap: "Try the Pie"

I could have really used that mechanic who can create incredible machines on Sunday night when my computer died. To tell you the truth, I could also have used that nice anxiety extractor. I

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

07/15 - Episode 4.11 - Ghost in the Machine [Airing August 26]: NTAC is concerned when a lot of computers and electronic machines, such as ATMs, are malfunctioning. Marco discovers that the machines run on the same operating system: Ubient's Horizon Operating System. The global company is owned by a multimillionaire who is also an alleged member of The Marked. There is a new employee at NTAC, Abigail Hunnicutt, a stylish brainiac. Lindsey Hammond, a girl who was held captive with Maia in episodes "Gone, Parts I and II," resurfaces just in time to wish Maia a happy birthday. Lindsey convinces Maia to come see her at Promise City so she can give her a birthday gift. The gift? Maia's parents! Or are they? Thanks to a man who can imitate other people's voice, Kyle lures Kevin out of his lab at the Centre in order to bring him to Promise City to meet Jordan. Tom finds Isabelle who is held captive in a beach house. Source: SpoilerFix.com

07/02 - Episode 4.12 - Tiny Machines [Airing September 9]: Isabelle seems to be working with Tom in order to get close to Jordan and get him. (Note: It doesn't look like this is an official NTAC assignment.) Rebecca Parrish is talking with Tom about the plan with Isabelle. She is also concerned that Maia's visions could complicate things and wants Tom to make sure that Maia won't have the wrong vision at the wrong time. Tess is in Promise City and has a few citizens, including Shawn, under her power in order to get Kevin out of confinement. Curtis Peck (from episode "The Marked") is back at work on a set in British Columbia. Diana and Meghan visit him in order to get more information about the Marked. Later in the episode, Tom and Diana face off. Source: SpoilerFix.com

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

07/24 - Episode 4.13 - The Great Leap Forward (Season finale) [Airing September 16]: Tom is battling for his life and needs Shawn's powers to stay alive. Paramedics try to resuscitate Susan Farrell. They believe that she took promicin and lost the 50/50 loto that comes with it. Danny is certain that she did not take the shot. After arriving at the hospital with the paramedics, things get complicated as everyone around Danny start to die. Garrity and another NTAC agent are sent to the hospital to assess the situation. It looks like Jordan is nowhere to be found. Meghan ponders asking Jordan's "army" for help when this "death virus" spreads. Kyle gives a press conference. Diana, Marco, Isabelle and Abigail also appear. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

The 4400

by Leah Friedman

Episode Recap: "Daddy's Little Girl"

It would be really nice if just once Tom could have a fun, conflict-free day. Getting lucky and having a lucky day apparently do not go hand in hand. It

ap_100.jpg

'4400' Fans Hope to Save Show with Seeds

by Dave Kolpack, Associated Press Writer

save_the_4400.jpg

Tom Schuler, head of Internet sales for Giants Seeds, doubles on

a laptop and personal computer to handle orders for a protest by

fans of the recently canceled USA Network show, 'The 4400.'

WAHPETON, North Dakota -- A sunflower seed company in the middle of the frozen prairie is trying to help fans save "The 4400," a science fiction show axed last month by USA Network. Fans of the show are protesting the cancellation by sending network executives sunflower seeds, the favorite snack of a character named Dr. Kevin Burkhoff.

Many are Giants Sunflower Seeds, manufactured by a Wahpeton-based company with eight employees. "We thought they were loony tunes at first," said Jay Schuler, head of Giants Snacks LLC, which makes Giants Seeds. Schuler added, "But it has been a wonderful thing."

About 1,700 bags had been ordered from Giants by the end of the business day Thursday, January 31, the day before the campaign's official launch, said Tom Schuler, who handles Internet sales for Giants Seeds.

jeffrey-combs-4400.jpg

Jeffrey Combs as Dr. Kevin Burkhoff in 'The 4400'

"It's kind of cool to see all these loyal fans," said Tom Schuler, who has been including notes from fans with most orders. "It's a little crazy, but I feel good about it." Kristin Schulman, a spokeswoman for USA Network, said the network had no one available to comment on "The 4400" campaign.

The campaign is modeled after one waged by fans of the CBS show, "Jericho," which the network agreed to continue after it was deluged with calls, messages and about 50,000 pounds of peanuts. The peanuts stemmed from a line by one of the characters.

One of the organizers of the protest, June Terrell, said she picked Giants Seeds after an online search. She considered the company a good luck charm because its corporate offices are based in Minnesota, where '4400' lead actor Joel Gretsch was born.

The company that worked on the peanut campaign declined to get involved because "they were still recovering from Jericho," said Terrell, of Memphis, Tennessee. Giants Seeds started in 1995, when the company sold 70,000 bags of seeds in just one state, North Dakota. The seeds are now available in 36 states. Giants sold 4.9 million bags last year.

The_4400_2006.jpg

'The 4400'

Many overseas fans are ordering from Giants over the Internet to avoid shipping hassles. The company said it has received inquiries from the Netherlands, Israel, Venezuela, Australia and South Africa, among other countries. "Normally we don't do international orders, but we opened it for this," Tom Schuler said.

"The 4400" tells the story of 4,400 people who were abducted at various times but returned at the same time in the foothills of Mount Rainier. They have not aged since their abduction and remember nothing about the time they were gone.

Fans are at least hoping for "closure to a magnificent tale of what could be reality on some level," said Sandy Williams, 60, of Dardanelle, Arkansas. "Honestly and simply, the story made me think beyond just entertainment like so many shows seen on television today," Williams said. "It caused me to pause and examine my values, from religious to political to personal."

Dee Henke, 57, of Santa Cruz, California, said she bought several bags of sunflower seeds "and will be ordering more if necessary" when she gets paid next week. "Living on $935 per month in California is hard . . . but this is worth it," Henke said.

I am sorry but the usa network just sucks!!!! They do not have any good shows on now! what happen? Let petition there sister station scifi channel to pick 4400 back up.