Sign in to follow this  
Guest XandraSkye

'The 4400'

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

03/03 - Episode 3.02

03/03 - Episode 3.03: This episode features 4400 Boyd Christopher who has the ability to manipulate people's minds so that he appears to be someone else. This 17-year-old teen doesn't fit it at school and is isolated as all his friends are now in college. He uses his power to fit in and be noticed.

Courtessy of: SCI-FI WIRE

4400 Changes Unveiled

12:00 AM, 07-MARCH-06

McKenziee_4400_tn.jpg

Ira Steven Behr, co-creator of USA Network's SF series The 4400, told SCI FI Wire to expect a new direction in the show's upcoming third season that will focus more on the show's mythology and main characters. He added that a new actress will join the regular cast: Megalyn Echikunwoke.

"We are definitely using the last two episodes of last season, 'The Fifth Page' and 'Mommy's Bosses,' as the engine to drive this season," Behr said in an interview. "In other words, last year we kind of alternated kind of big mythology type of episodes ... [with episodes in which] we'd introduce the 4400, they would have a problem that either affected them or affected society in general, and we would deal with that problem. ... What we're going to be focusing on basically this season [is] bigger sweep. I call it playing big ball rather than little ball. ... I think every story this year will have an impact on our people."

In a spoiler for the upcoming season, Behr also said that Echikunwoke would join the cast, playing an adult version of baby Isabelle.

"Isabelle is no longer that cuddly kid you can hold in your arms, which is, I think, probably great for production," Behr said, referring to the difficulty of working with an infant actor. Echikunwoke will be "a very popular addition to the cast," he added. "The character herself, I think, is going to surprise people. I think people have been arguing about or trying to figure out Isabelle at the end of the miniseries, and I think ... a portion of the audience is going to expect a fastball down the middle with her character, and I think they're going to be surprised. It's going to be more of a ride, more of a discovery, and not so clear-cut where you can say, 'She's the angel' [or] 'She's the devil,' you know? And I think that makes for really nice storytelling." The 4400 returns with 13 new episodes, starting June 4. USA Network is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

03/21 - Episodes 3.04/3.05: A 52-year-old Sara Rutledge comes into Maia's life claiming she is her younger sister born 6 years after Maia disappeared. Sara tries to reassure Diana, who is feeling uneasy about this sudden appearance. Things go sour when Sara kidnaps Maia.

04/03 - Episode 3.03 - Being Tom Baldwin: This episode features 4400 Boyd Christopher who has the ability to manipulate people's minds so that he appears to be someone else. This 17-year-old teen doesn't fit it at school and is isolated as all his friends are now in college. He uses his power to fit in and be noticed. Since everyone (?) working on the 4400 cases are now required by the bosses to have bi-weekly therapy sessions, Tom meets with the NTAC's counselor. They talk about Tom's job, the stress and the pressure it brings, his life (marriage and son), and the fact that he is only happy when Alana brings him in a "dream world" where he doesn't have to be Tom Baldwin anymore... Later, Tom is arrested by the local police for supposedly having stolen a car. But Tom doesn't recall the events. Did part of his memory get erased? Is a 4400 the cause of this? Or he is going crazy with overworking and family problems? At the 4400 Center, Maia meets with Heather (from episode "Suffer the Children"). Isabelle and Richard have a serious talk before he leaves for a few days. Diana talks to Kevin Burkhoff about his health. Matthew wants to find Jordan. Shawn and Alana and Marco also appear.

04/13 - Episode 3.04 - Gone, Part 1: There is a BBQ at the 4400 Center. One 4400 questions Tom on why a NTAC agent can love a 4400 and not quit his job after what the agency did to the 4400s. Alana considers becoming a teacher at the Center. Tom and Diana try to find a missing 4400 named Lindsey, a teen who was living with her step father until 24 hours ago. A 52-year-old Sara Rutledge comes into Maia's life claiming she is her younger sister born 6 years after Maia disappeared. They talk about their parents and look at pictures. Sara tries to reassure Diana, who is feeling uneasy about this sudden appearance. Things go sour when Sara kidnaps Maia... Sara's plans will affect The 4400... Richard and Shawn are at an hospital where they thank young patients and their parents for agreeing to take part in an "experiment." Shawn receives threat from a group called Nova Group, which makes Matthew decide to tighten security and cancel all of Shawn's Foundation appointments. Jarvis, Marco, and Heather, also appear.

04/17 - Episode 3.05 - Gone, Part 2: Diana and Tom interrogate Chris Dubov, a 4400 who disappeared in 1999. This successful man divorced his wife and set her up with another man... it seems he has a gift to "smell" things like who belongs with whom. Sadly, this special gift is causing chaos in his life: he got divorced, his friends don't talk to him anymore, his son despises him, etc. Diana has health problems... Maia and Alana also appears.

Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

4400 Offers New Answers

12:00 AM, 24-APRIL-06

mckenzie2_4400_tn.jpg

VANCOUVER, Canada

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE.. DO NOT QUOTER

04/28 - Episode 3.06 - Graduation Day: Todd, a 15-year-old 4400, has an ability that allows him to discover who was the drunk driver responsible for Alana's husband and child deaths nine years ago. Alana, who is now a sort of therapist at the Center, confronts the drunk driver, Keane, who now runs a support group for recovering alcoholics. This confrontation sends Keane back to drinking... and driving... Richard gets more information about the Nova Group. Shawn meets with a psychiatrist because he has been having delusions and auditory hallucinations. The doctor is stunned by Shawn's case and suggest treatments that may help and brings him to Abendson Psychiatric Hospital. Isabelle is highly concerned with Shawn's well-being and wants to take matters in her own hands. Tom, Diana, Matthew and Maia also appear.

Courtesy of: NBC UNIVERSAL MEDIA VILLAGE

THE 4400 A USA NETWORK ORIGINAL SERIES RETURNS FOR SEASON THREE ON SUNDAY, JUNE 11 AT 9:00PM ET/PT

Published: May 9, 2006

1TFFbqC04.jpg

Taken for a reason. Returned with a purpose.

NEW YORK -- May 9, 2006 -- THE 4400, the critically-acclaimed series that chronicles the reappearance of 4400 people previously reported missing or dead, returns for a third season on Sunday, June 11 as a two-hour special from 9:00-11:00 PM ET/PT on USA Network, and then will air as weekly one-hour episodes at 9:00pm ET/PT starting Sunday, June 18.

THE 4400 premiered as a limited series on July 11, 2004 on USA Network as the highest-rated and most-watched new series premiere ever on a basic cable network. Last summer, the show ranked as the #1 original scripted series on cable in P18-49, beating every other cable network

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtey of: SPOILERFIX

05/14 - Episode 3.07: Alana tries to help young 4400 Amy who wants to see her grandmother. But before Alana and Amy can take a trip down memory lane, they are interrupted by two agents from the National Security Agency who are tasked to find out more about the Nova Group and are authorized to compel everyone of interest to help them out... Nikki asks Shawn for help. Isabelle becomes a test subject of sorts. Two males from previous episodes appear.

NBC To Air 4400 Special

12:00 AM, 01-JUNE-06

mckenzie2_4400_tn.jpg

NBC will air a one-hour clip show of sister cable network USA's SF drama The 4400 on June 3, a week before the show's third-season premiere, Variety reported. The 4400: Unlocking the Secrets will recap the past two seasons' events, aiming to draw new viewers to the show's third-season premiere on June 11.

The special is available for viewing now on SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Pulse video player, under the "Featured" section.

NBC has previously aired promotional runs of SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica and Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but this is a first for USA. All are owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

The 4400: Unlocking the Secrets will repeat June 4 on USA and later in the week on SCI FI Channel and Bravo. The 4400's third season will air at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Sundays.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Can 4400's Diana See the Future?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060602insider1.jpg

Jacqueline McKenzie, The 4400

The Season 3 premiere of USA Network's The 4400 (returning June 11 at 9 pm/ET) is now little more than a week away, but intel on the new season is still hard to come by. TVGuide.com called Jacqueline McKenzie, the Aussie actress who plays NTAC agent Diana Skouris, to see what (if anything!) she has heard about this year's big twists.

TVGuide.com: I was just checking out your MySpace page, and you've got some interesting people dropping by: costar Karina Lombard, Jeff Daniels, singer Joni Mitchell....

Jacqueline McKenzie: Yeahhhh! Well, you don't know that they're actually [those] people.

TVGuide.com: Oh, sure they are. People on the Internet never pretend to be someone else!

McKenzie: [Chuckles] Some of them are, but some of them aren't. Did you follow the link to my official website? I only just opened that a few weeks ago.

TVGuide.com: I noticed it still had that new plastic smell to it. I like how the site details your other passions, like music and painting.

McKenzie: That's kind of why I did it. I have this obsession with painting, so it's kind of good to have them up there, you know?

TVGuide.com: Let's talk about The 4400: What can you tease about this season?

McKenzie: Um, well, there's quite a journey ahead for Diana. We're only now shooting [Episode] 7 out of 13, and I tell you, they're really secretive, our bosses. I come from the land of, "Don't tell them what's happening," but I don't even know myself. In fact, yesterday when we were on set, [costar] Joel [Gretsch] and I were trying to work out a scene, and I was saying to him, "I really think that this character has got more to do with this group than it says on the page." It's literally myself and Joel trying to work out what the hell's going on, because [executive producer-writer] Ira [steven Behr] won't tell us! [Laughs] We try to piece it together, which is good in that it gives it a very real quality where we don't know what's going on. But I'm so happy to give you Ira's number so you can call him! In terms of my character, I get to do a lot with Conchita [Campbell, Maia] again, and I love that. This year it's not so much one 4400 per episode, it's more like the 4400 as a group and what's happening to them. I love that as a concept.

TVGuide.com: What's going on with Diana's relationship with Maia?

McKenzie: It's deepening and strengthening.

TVGuide.com: Do you like having that mother-daughter dynamic to play?

McKenzie: I really, really love it. Conchita was a lovely actress when she first arrived three years ago, and I'm watching her develop and flourish. She is so clued in to where that camera is, what it's doing and how she can help the camera guys by delivering a line in a certain way or cheating certain angles

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

05/29 - Episode 3.08 - Blink: Tom and Diana investigate the death of a woman. Supposedly, the woman committed suicide by jumping off a building's roof. But could a 4400 or something 4400-related be the reason why she plunged to her death and why two other people killed themselves in two weeks? Later in the episode, Tom and Diana start seeing people: Tom sees his father and Diana sees her ex-fianc

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Corutesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

Campbell Absent From 4400

12:00 AM, 06-JUNE-06

campbell_4400_tn.jpg

Ira Steven Behr, executive producer of USA Network's The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that key player Billy Campbell, who played 4400 leader Jordan Collier, hasn't returned from his holiday as part of the crew of a sailing ship on an 18-month, around-the-world cruise, though the show is already in production on the ninth episode of its upcoming 13-episode third season. But Campbell will return soon to shoot the season's final episodes.

"From the very beginning of the season, of course, we knew that Billy Campbell was taking off to go sailing for 18 months on his tall ship," Behr said in an interview in his West Hollywood, Calif., office last week. "So we knew we were going to lose him, right, and then get him back. But we knew we were going to lose him."

Campbell's character, the charismatic leader of a group of returned abductees with special powers, appeared to have been assassinated last season, but showed up briefly in the surprising final scenes of the season finale. But the show won't pick up the story of Collier's apparent resurrection for a while, and writers have had to write around Campbell's absence, Behr said. "You will hear about him [before that]," Behr said, adding: "You're not going to see Jordan until the 11th episode. ... There's going to be things along the way that keeps the mind wondering, ... but, no, you will not ... be seeing the living, breathing guy [until then]."

Campbell had informed the producers that he would be taking off on the cruise, but "we thought he'd get bored," Behr admitted. "It's not a vacation. He's an active crew member, so he works every day, you know, ... hauling the riggings up and down and down and up. He was telling us this two years ago, and I thought he was lying. I was like, 'What?' We knew he wasn't going to be back for the beginning of the season, but we did not think [it would be this long]. ... I had a couple of very funny e-mails with Billy, who loves the show. ... [He] was, you know, 'I can't wait to come back,' blah blah blah. ... And I'm going, 'Huh?' 'Well, yeah.' ... I'm like, 'OK. Tick. Tick. Tick.'" The 4400 returns at 9 p.m. ET/PT on June 11 with a two-hour season premiere. USA is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

The 4400: Who's Out, In and Returning!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

060609insider2.jpg

Billy Campbell (Jordan) and Joel Gretsch (Tom), The 4400

Buckle up, fans of USA Network's The 4400, because the twists and turns are about to come at you a good 4,400 miles per hour. The two-hour Season 3 premiere (Sunday at 9 pm/ET) alone uncorks some shockers that promise to change the pace and direction of the show forever, as well as to bid farewell to a familiar face or two. All of which raises the question: Will this be the wildest 4400 season yet?

"We certainly hope so," executive producer Maira Suro tells TVGuide.com, pointing out that that is precisely the message being communicated by the show's massive ad campaign. "Creatively, we're still putting out the best show we know how to do, but we hope to get a lot of new viewers. At the same time, we've got great surprises and more of the exciting pace that has made us the show that we are."

Indeed, serial shockers and a breakneck pace are the stuff The 4400 will really be made of this time around, kicked off by the emergence of the rapidly aged Isabelle (now played by newcomer Megalyn Echikunwoke) and the simultaneous exit of an original cast member. "There are huge plans for grown-up Isabella," promises Suro. "She is very much the center of this third season, as part of a pretty big phenomenon that we kick off with."

-That new phenomenon dictated the departure of Laura Allen, who had been playing Lily, Isabella's twentysomething mother, since The 4400's July 2004 debut. "When you have a big ensemble, and you're trying to grow that ensemble creatively to see where the stories can go and what new places you can take the audience to, sometimes you're forced to make tough kinds of choices," Suro explains. "This was one of them."-

Back to the topic of souped-up storytelling, Suro says the plan to progress the story at a quicker clip came up last season. "We decided that the episodes that worked best and the ones fans gravitated to more were the ones where our core characters were involved in major dilemmas, as opposed to meeting '4400s of the week' who may or may not impact our core character," she recalls. "So there was a very conscious choice that this be the season we just don't let up. There will be moments where we let the audience catch their breath, but for the most part, that's our plan."

Speaking of plans, what are the nefarious government types on The 4400 going to do now that their covert Promicin inhibitor plot has been exposed, forcing Peter Coyote's Ryland before a rather torturous congressional hearing? "Knowing what I know about Season 3, what I would say is that Promicin was just the beginning," Suro teases. "That is just the beginning of much bigger plans that the government has in terms of how they're going to deal with the 4400."

-

Might the 4400's Christ-like Jordan Collier, last glimpsed in the Season 2 finale, "return from the grave" to save his kind from trouble, perhaps in the form of the Nova group, which evolves into a militant group of 4400 rebels this season? If so, Jordan's appearance won't be until much later on, due to the fact that his portrayer, Billy Campbell, left his bosses in a tiny lurch by embarking on an 18-month, around-the-world cruise. "It wasn't the best news we've heard," Suro tells us with a laugh. "But Billy was committed to doing it, and fortunately we were able to work out something where he still could be a part of the show."

And how. "It's late in the season" when Jordan appears, "and when he does, it kicks into high gear," says Suro. "It's a big piece that falls into place, a locomotive that takes you through the end."-

06/05 - Episode 3.09 - The Ballad of Kevin and Tess: Kevin Burkhoff is seen in a wood near a park and scares the people in the area with his new look. He is captured and interrogated about promicin by a shady man. Things go from bad to sour during the interrogation. A manhunt follows. While waiting for a tv interview, Shawn heals a music legend who collapsed. A wedding is being planned. Tom, Diana, Tess, Heather, Richard, Garrity, Jarvis, Devon, and Isabelle also appear.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

The 4400

by Dan Roberts

June 11, 2006: X-Men Lite?

Holy Wheat-fields of Mass Destruction, the war is on! Without the inhibitor, our friendly 4400 are realizing their full potential

I have to admit, NBC's little tickler episode caught me. I feel like fish in a net!!!

Anyway, as I was watching last night's episode, I am just wondering, when your trying to catch someone you think telepathically got a lawyer to totally shank his client in the middle of the hearing...why do you yell, "Hey!"? Why didn't he just run up to TJ? I guess same can be asked of Jack Bower, Jack Shepard and entire cast of Law & Order and CSI.

What Happened To 4400's Lily?

allen_4400_tn.jpg

Viewers of the June 11 third-season premiere of USA Network's The 4400 learned the fate of a key character, and executive producer Ira Steven Behr told SCI FI Wire that the change came about unexpectedly as a result of a business issue with one of the show's regular cast members. (Spoilers ahead!) In the two-hour premiere, "The New World," the character of Lily Moore, previously played by series regular Laura Allen, aged suddenly by 50 years and was played by guest star Tippi Hedren (The Birds). At the end of the episode, Lily died. Allen was seen only in a brief flashback as the young Lily, and Allen won't be back. Behr said in an interview last week that it wasn't his initial choice not to have Allen or Lily back.

"At the beginning of the season, when we met with the network to start talking about the new season, we pitched the series that had Laura Allen in it," Behr said in his office in West Hollywood, Calif. "And events kind of took hold on their own, and I was basically told that she wasn't going to be back. And we [came] back to [rewrite] the opening two hours, and we had to, you know, change course."

Behr didn't detail the issue that led to Allen's departure from the show, but confirmed that it was "a business thing. Yeah. It was not a creative decision, ultimately. It was a business decision. And, as I was saying, there's ... just so many things that I'm sure you hear all the time from people on shows. They're just money decisions and business decisions, and there's a lot of people with a lot of say in all these things. A lot of people who have to answer to a lot of other people who don't have any dealings with [us], and it just ... got out of hand. And, suddenly, there you go. So you just move on."

Had Allen remained with the show, Behr said, it's possible her character would have aged in any case. "I will say this, though," he said. "One of the stories we had for her did involve her getting older, so that was going to be in there, but that was going to be an arc that was going to end in a slightly different way. But, you know, these things happen all the time." The 4400 airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. USA is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIS

06/12 - Episode 3.10 - The Starzl Mutation: John Shaffner, a former Army Ranger who was recruited for a secret government program, contacts NTAC when a government experiment goes wrong. John, along with other men, were injected a vaccine that gave them superhuman powers. When the dosage was made stronger, some men started getting sick. One of the men, Darren Piersahl, escaped and went on a killing spree thinking he was saving the world. Shawn gets some sort of examination from another 4400 named Claudio Borghi. Tom, Diana, Marco, Isabelle, Ryland, and Richard also appear.

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Gretsch and McKenzie Make '4400' Connections

By Kate O'Hare, Zap2it

June 19 2006

23942905.jpg

Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie on 'The 4400'

For its second issue of 2006, Emmy magazine, the publication of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, focused on science fiction, including a fashion spread with Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie of the USA Network series "The 4400," which launched its third season on June 11.

They play Tom Baldwin and Diana Skouris, government agents coping with 4,400 people who vanished over the course of about 60 years, then returned suddenly on a beach with no memory, not having aged a day and with supernatural abilities granted to them by abductors from the future.

"That [spread] was all right, wasn't it?" says McKenzie, relaxing on the outdoor terrace of a swanky Pasadena, Calif., hotel. She and Gretsch have taken a break from filming season three in Vancouver, British Columbia, to be part of press day organized by NBC Universal, which includes NBC, USA, Sci-Fi Channel, Bravo, etc.

"Joel and I were modeling at the same time," she says.

Next to her, Gretsch sits up. "I've never modeled a day in my life. What are you talking about?"

Turns out that Gretsch is a fibber.

"He fronted a campaign in Australia for our version of Banana Republic, which is Country Road," says McKenzie, a native Aussie. "I remember walking down Martin Place in Sydney and seeing this huge poster. I'd never seen a bigger one. I remember thinking, 'God, this is America all of a sudden.' It's a blond dude with blue eyes, tan skin, and I thought, 'Wow, they've chosen an American to do the Australian Country Road campaign.' I could totally tell, which is strange, because to all intents and purposes, he could be Aussie.

"It's just a chiseled thing -- gorgeous, hunky and definitely American. The weird thing is, however many years later, I walk into a room, and it's him."

"I was modeling," Gretsch says, "and I didn't want anybody here to see me, because I wanted to be an actor."

The season-three premiere of "The 4400" featured a guest appearance by Tippi Hedren as the older version of the Lily Moore Tyler character, originally played by Laura Allen. Coincidentally, Alfred Hitchcock discovered Hedren while she was working as a model and cast her in "The Birds."

"What an amazing woman she is," Gretsch says. "She looks phenomenal."

"I walked into work yesterday," McKenzie says, "and there was a present on the stand of Janet the hair lady. I said, 'Is it your birthday?' She said, 'No, it's just a present from Tippi.'"

After a highly rated and critically lauded launch in the summer of 2004 as a limited series, "The 4400" struggled to find its feet during its second season, which was nevertheless successful enough to earn it a third. This season, the mysteries and conspiracies surrounding the 4400 that were introduced at the end of season two have deepened and broadened.

At the core of that mystery is Isabelle, Lily's daughter with fellow 4400 Richard Tyler (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali). She went from an infant to a 20-something woman (Megalyn Echikunwoke) at the end of season two, a transition explained by Lily's premature aging and death in the June 11 premiere.

.Fans can also expect the return of Billy Campbell, who played assassinated 4400 tycoon and leader Jordan Collier. He appeared to have come back to life -- a bit shaggier than when he left -- at the end of season two. But Campbell won't be back until later in the season. He can't appear sooner because the actor wasn't scheduled to come back from a round-the-world sailing voyage until June 17 -- so that shaggy look could come in handy..

New elements are also added in a two-part episode called "Gone," airing June 25 and July 2, in which the show revisits the season-one revelation that the 4400 are part of a plan from the future to save mankind.

Those episodes guest star Alice Krige, whose long list of credits includes such diverse projects as "Ghost Story," "Chariots of Fire," "Star Trek: First Contact" (as the Borg Queen), "Children of Dune" and season two of HBO's Western "Deadwood."

In another coincidence, that season of "Deadwood" also guest starred "4400" recurring star Garret Dillahunt as a geologist working for mining magnate George Hearst. He was also a killer, and his victims included Deadwood madam Maddie, played by Krige.

"That's right!" Gretsch says. "It's such a small world."

According to Gretsch, the information revealed in that two-parter affected not only his character.

"It's quite revealing and disturbing, in a wonderful way," Gretsch says. "I cannot tell you what it is, but I was surprised. It scares me. I'll tell you the truth, when I read it, it was one sense of impact on me. But when we actually shot it ... it had this impact -- because I'm a father of two children -- that made me feel like this is possible for our future. It literally scared me.

"I got emotional in the scene internally. It hit me in a place where I thought, 'Dammit, this is the way the future is going.' I had that feeling. So from that standpoint, I think we're getting back to the core of the first season."

"In the first season," McKenzie says, "it's letterbox; it's epic. It's like we're on the outside as an audience looking in. Everything's shot with those wide angles.

"And in the second season, it was almost like the screen had been pulled back, and we were allowed to walk into the world amongst the characters.

"In this season, I feel like you're not just walking amongst us, you're with us. It feels like it's a rollicking ride again."

06/19 - Episode 3.11 - : April, Diana's sister, is back in town and brought with her her photo-journalist boyfriend, Evan. This handsome and educated man in his 30s meets Diana for the first time. They will immediately hit it off, especially when they find out they share a love for the Andes. Will Diana and Evan act up on this crush?