Are BB UK's rules and basics different than BB US's?

windwaker

BBUK pretty much follows the original Big Brother format that BBUSA followed in it's first season - though obviously it has developed alot, especially over the last couple of years which has seen much tougher, "EVIL" challenges and a huge number of twists.

Basically, each HM must nominate two people for eviction each week. The two or more HMs with the most votes then face the public vote to determine who is evicted. HMs are not permitted to discuss nominations. Discussing nominations usually results in that HM not being able to nominate - though the first offense this series led to BB putting all HMs up for eviction.

There are further tasks throughout the week. The main task is to determine the food budget and runs throughout the week. We also have the Saturday Challenge which offers rewards - and new this year has been "Secret Missions", in which individual HMs can win things ranging from alcohol for the night to Immunity from eviction by completing missions set by Big Brother without the other HMs detecting.

Guest cityangel

I was recently in London and was able to watch the UK version. Their version is so much more racier then ours! I saw the night they had an "orgy" in the hot tub. Quite interesting! And there's nudity (and cussing). They all take showers outside?! :shock: And the viewing audience still votes out the nominees. So not as much scheming going on. Guess we need that over here in the US. Oh and they recently did a switcheroo with the houseguests, which I don't think would ever happen in the US. The 2 nominee's that week turned out to be the only two in the house who were safe! Everyone else in the house was eligible to be evicted.

I was recently in London and was able to watch the UK version. Their version is so much more racier then ours! I saw the night they had an "orgy" in the hot tub. Quite interesting! And there's nudity (and cussing). They all take showers outside?!  :shock:  And the viewing audience still votes out the nominees. So not as much scheming going on. Guess we need that over here in the US.  Oh and they recently did a switcheroo with the houseguests, which I don't think would ever happen in the US.

And to think here in the UK we complain we don't get the action they see in other European versions of the show

The 2 nominee's that week turned out to be the only two in the house who were safe! Everyone else in the house was eligible to be evicted.

One of our best twists ever. We kept the original format but the show did undergo a big revamp last year which saw more twists and much tougher challenges introduced - and also gave Big Brother (the voice in the house / diary room) more of a personality.

The orignal format certainly does allow for far more interesting twists - something I don't think the HoH concept allows!