Live Feed and BB After Dark 9/2 & 9/3

CeCiMom

Could also be that more people are staying home during the week and watch TV. And BB is like a drug. You think, I'll just watch this one episode because there isn't anything else on right now. And then bamn, you're hooked. Pretty soon you are rushing home from work to watch, reading and posting on forums. Its a heavy addiction to carry sometimes. :computer:

Do you really think it took 10 years for BB to catch on. I think BB is feeding Brittney a line of BS to improve the game plan. If they think a lot of people are watching then maybe they will fight harder to be there (maybe that's it). As far as ratings go, usually when you loose people, you pick up new people. I just think the DR feed Brittney some BS/

I mean, I don't think it took 10 years for people to know about it. But with the people that I know, I have noticed more people watch consistently. It's kinda like the more years its on the more people watch...

But it is not these HG improving the ratings(if it is even true and not just smoke being blown up Britneys ___)

Could also be that more people are staying home during the week and watch TV. And BB is like a drug. You think, I'll just watch this one episode because there isn't anything else on right now. And then bamn, you're hooked. Pretty soon you are rushing home from work to watch, reading and posting on forums. Its a heavy addiction to carry sometimes. :computer:

This is my 1st BB season, and I decided to watch because my friends back home watch and I thought it would be another connection for us, but I have to agree - I do watch, and go to blogs, but I have never rushed home to watch it. As a matter of fact I DVR the live show and watch it later so I can cut the commercials. The only reason I have BBAD is because Directv gave me free showtime for 2 months (which expires on 9/12/2010, and that will be the end of my BBAD).

Maybe it is a few new viewers - but summer against reruns doesn't say a whole lot.

I'm not even sure an interesting cast could save Big Brother for me. It's just not a novelty anymore.

Houseguests know and talk about all previous seasons, previous houseguests, they know all the types of competitions, they count and re-count everything in the house.

And Dr. straykat, yes! Too heavy a burden, especially when the cast is so blooming flawed that the sheer amount of unfunny/non-ironic hate and lack of a true hero/heroine to pull for is exhausting. Come on, if you're going to hate, at least make it entertaining. You serious haters are obsessively boring! (wink, wonk).

Has Big Brother run its course? I think maybe it has for me. For those of you new to BB, enjoy!

I know, I know...cya next season. :P

EDIT: I can't even relate to that article posted above. What kind of fiction is that?

I actually feel like if BB is going to come back for a 13th season, it has to be an entirely new game. Revamp the rules. Do a retro season, and go back to peanut butter and jelly. Get rid of POV. Or since it will be the 13th season, go with a twilight zone theme, with out of left field rules, and contests. I dunno.

I think that after 6 seasons even the house they have now is starting to look old. It's time for a brand new game. One that will attract new viewers and also make the "vets" ie: the old time viewers not feel like -they- know whats going to happen before it happens.

we have football tonight but lucky for me we have a cbs sister station

so football airs on one channel and bb on another :animated_bouncy:

I'm going to post this again, I posted it earlier and it got moved to the media thread, but I don't think many people read it LOL

EW.com

Interest in CBS' Big Brother couldn't be bigger: The reality competition series is averaging 7.6 million viewers for the three episodes it airs weekly — an increase of six percent from last summer's 7.2 million average. And the younger folks (a rare find in network TV audiences these days!) are into it, too: Viewership is up 10 percent among kiddos 18 to 34.So, what gives? What's behind Big Brother's sudden surge? Executive producer Allison Grodner told the Canadian Press that the higher ratings can be attributed to this season's crop of characters. "You can have a rootable villain or a fun villain," she said. "You don't necessarily want to have someone who is completely hateable." This year's cast featured villains in the screechy Rachel and her "boyfriend" Brendon, as well as a network-planted saboteur Annie, who was hilariously booted during the first eviction ceremony of the season. And while this season has been great, its cast hasn't quite stacked up to last year's characters, especially when you consider the polarizing Chima mess and the fan-favorite Jeff-Jordan showmance. (The pair did return this season, briefly, too, so maybe that helped with a little boost?) The sudden surge in Big Brother is somewhat baffling.

Which is why we here at EW are wondering: Why are you tuning into Big Brother this summer? Is it to see if Rachel makes any more 24-hour comebacks? Are you living for the continued reappearance of Pandora's Box? Or, are you just tuning in hoping for the return of the Zingbot 3000?

OMG This is very discouraging! She doesn't mean to have interesting people next year either! ARG!!!

Oh and thanks for posting Pinkie! I never look in the media thread! I will in the future

lol i noticed that right as I posted that one. /makes doh sound.

I hate when I post too soon.

Anyway.. carry on with this thread.

So question, next year if there is a BB13 .. could someone tell me what the BB after dark is usually about? Since i would probably have to pay an extra cable fee to be able to watch it. Is it worth it? Is this section of time blocked out on the feeds, is it just recaps etc?

BBAD is just like the live feeds but you're stuck with the cameras they choose to show you. If you're not familiar with the live feeds, you hear them getting hassled by BB for singing, putting their mic on, etc. The swearing and nudity (hardly any of the latter this season) isn't edited out. You see them practicing for comps when BB gives them the tools to do that.

BBAD this year has consisted of a lot of pool playing, HG bashing by the hot tub, drinking wine and beer and eating. Pretty much the same stuff over and over again. It's been more interesting in years past.

I think the high ratings are because people may have heard from friends or family about BB and decided to watch this season. It's a shame though the season people finally start to tune into is the worst season of all and they don't realize how good BB can really be.

I'd like to see a season of the hg's who were evicted the first week (even second week). I'd like to see the kind of game they'd play and how far some make it. The first eviction is the worst not being able to really play and your out so fast.

Also a season of true hard core fans who've been loyal to the show and live feeds from the start of BB. The fans who only watch the 3 weekly shouldn't be included. The editing of the 3 weekly shows gives the wrong impression of some of hg's and I don't know why BB does this.

Archived