21 posts in this topic

chad_stephanie_bio.jpg

Chad and Stephanie

Chad Waltrip

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Connection to your Teammate: Boyfriend Fiance

Current occupation: Operations Manager

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, outdoor sports and cooking

Achievements: I've had a lot of success at my age within the company I work for, IST Management Services.

Lifelong to do list: Write a novel, complete an Ironman and run my own business

What scares you most about traveling? The thought of getting arrested while abroad for something I didn't do and not being able to get out of jail is a little terrifying.

What excites you most about traveling? The time leading up to the destination and the chance to see a totally different world from mine

If I could switch places with someone: Mathew McConaughey It would be awesome to star in the movies he has been in as well as live life the way he does.

Role model/hero: My mom is definitely my biggest hero. She raised my brother and me alone for 11 years until she re-married. She always made sure we never lacked in experiencing life to the fullest or making excuses for why something couldn't be done. She passed away from cancer when I was 18 and fought until the very end.

What are you passionate about? I'm very passionate about living life to the fullest and getting to know all walks of life.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we were to win the million dollars, I would do my best to invest it wisely even though I might have to blow a little bit first.

People would be surprised to learn: I'm a great cook..

Favorite place you have ever visited: Ochos Rios, Jamaica

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Learning to communicate and take a back seat to each other will be our biggest hurdle on the road.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to grow as a person and as a couple. I really look to gain a whole new perspective on life from the travel and obstacles we will face.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She has a lot of great ideas, but does not always see them through.

Stephanie Smith

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Connection to your Teammate: Girlfriend Fiance

Current occupation: Hair Stylist

Favorite hobbies: Singing, swimming and water sports

Achievements: Biggest achievements include placing in the top 10 at Miss USA 2008 and being ranked nationally as a swimmer at age 14.

Lifelong to do list: It's really too long to list everything, but I want to start my own business, record my own CD, host a variety show and have a happy family of my own. To do these things, I have to keep setting goals and going after them with full force.

What scares you most about traveling? Breaking a law that I am unaware of

What excites you most about traveling? Learning about different cultures, people, religions and styles of clothing is what I look forward to most when traveling.

If I could switch places with someone: Celine Dion. I would love to know how it feels to perform as powerfully as she does.

Role model/hero: I have a lot of people I look up to for inspiration, my family and friends included. Although I have always been impressed with Kelly Ripa. You can't help but just love her.

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about whatever makes me happy. I am an enthusiastic person. If I like something and set out to achieve a goal, I am extremely passionate about that task.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would try to be a responsible young lady and pay school loans, have a family vacation and invest in another home. Maybe get a new wardrobe too.

People would be surprised to learn: I can sing. I was in a classic rock band in Charleston, S.C. I would love to start performing again.

Favorite place you have ever visited: I was a competitive swimmer growing up and was given the opportunity to train at the Colorado Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. It was a gorgeous place and such an exciting trip.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Chad and I are so much alike. The things we love about each other are the same things we hate. Communication will be our biggest hurdle -- and his temper.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? All the positive and negative experiences of traveling with someone you love and then to see how he handles problems we will have to face together.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He can be inconsiderate of other people's feelings and he can be very brash.

CBS-TAR

AH yes, Tinker and Pan! :animated_rotfl: :animated_rotfl: He's an assclown and she is a box of rocks - could lead to some good entertainment. :smilielol:

Not crazy about these two. I read that he plans to propose to her on the race. Maybe he will see a side of her that isn't so thrilling.

I am not feeling any love for these 2 at all...most of my dislike is directed at him tho.

He got a better edit this week. I'm still pretty sure he's a jerk though!

Confirmed last night - he is DEFINITELY a jerk, and then some. Wish they would get eliminated next.

Confirmed last night - he is DEFINITELY a jerk, and then some. Wish they would get eliminated next.

Amen to that! He is a jerk and a half - I would also love for them to go next.

I cant stand Chad! You are all right, he is a jerk and then some. I hope Stephanie dumped his butt when it was all over. He has that..i am always right-only i can do it mentality..but when things go bad he makes it like its all her fault!

SugarB called him an assclown back in September. She was right then and nothing's changed IMO. Stephanie needs to lose him, pronto.

I read that they're going to get engaged at the finish line! (Idk if that means they are in the final 3 or they are just trying to steal the spotlight from the winners. lol)

I really hope it's not true.

I wasn't overly impressed by the whole proposal thing. I don't see longevity in this couple but whatever. As for finishing first, I am glad it was them instead of the other snarky couple that had to sit out a penalty.

If they ever get married, which here's hoping she gets a clue before that happens, I fully expect to hear that he gets busted for domestic violence.... he's a turd

Totally agree. Both Chad and the other Bozo, Thomas, strike me as potential abusers. They are already emotionally abusing their girlfriends, so beating them up is not too far of a stretch.

his ego is bigger than both of them. stupid girl.

I loved how he was snarky to the docs for U-turning them, but he was going to do the same thing to them if he had gotten there first. Hypocrite much? SOOOOOOOO glad these two are gone. Now if we could just get rid of Thomas and motorcycle boy.

Really thought it would be a non-elim, was very happy when it wasn't

Can Thomas and Nick go away and let Jill and Vicki be partners?

I somehow think that if Chad and Steph had U-turned Nat and Kat LIKE THEY HAD PLANNED that they wouldn't have been standing there taunting them. I realize he was in the moment, but it was classless to stand there and bully.

Forget the Chadpoop. Send good thoughts to Stephanie. She is going to need them if she doesn't wise-up. Just my O!

Amazing Race's Chad and Stephanie Are Married and Expecting

By Carrie Bell

Sunday November 28, 2010 10:35 AM EST

Despite oversleeping by two hours in Russia and stopping for a milkshake in Oman on The Amazing Race, Chad and Stephanie Waltrip don't really take things slow. After dating for only five months, the Ft. Lauderdale-based operations manager, 26, and hair stylist, 23, teamed up for the show and got engaged on camera. Months after their elimination, the couple spoke with PEOPLE and revealed they already tied the knot and are expecting a baby due in June.

Did you know Chad had the ring with him?

Stephanie: He was acting funny before we left. We had talked about marriage. We knew immediately after meeting that we wanted to be together forever. But I didn't think he'd have the guts to propose on The Race.

Did you ever reconsider your plan?

Chad: Early on we struggled, had a tough time and I second-guessed myself. I was so amped up and we fought a lot. But once we started loosening up and letting go, especially me, I realized we're still soul mates and the perfect opportunity presented itself in Oman. With the sun coming up over the ocean, you couldn't ask for a better spot to ask the love of your life to marry you.

Stephanie: He claimed it wasn't his style to do it on TV, but I think he was feeling pressured. I love our story. I don't know anyone who can say, "We got engaged on a reality TV show in the Middle East."

Did The Race change your relationship?

CHAD: Ultimately, it made us so much stronger. Stephanie already knew I have a quick temper. But I proved to her that I learned I can't be so demanding and that sometimes I need to take a step back. We know we can take on anything now. At the end of the day, we still love each other despite some of the things I said and did on The Race.

Stephanie: It was like couples therapy every night. We would talk without cameras around about what we would have changed about the leg. The stuff that happens behind closed doors is what heals us and makes us a better couple.

And you're already married?

Stephanie: We were going to get married in March, but we didn't see the point in waiting because I'm three months pregnant and due in June. In fact we're driving back from Ponte Vedra Beach [in Florida], where we had a small wedding at a friend's house.

Congratulations are in order.

Stephanie: I'm still getting used to saying it out loud. This has been a whirlwind, but it's very us and we're very happy.

Anything you would do differently on The Race? Perhaps not go eat?

Chad: I got really relaxed. I told Stephanie, "We're going to be fine. We're all on the same flight so let's not stress. Let's go have some Dairy Queen." I wish I would have fought a little harder and waited it out to get the earlier tickets.

The call of the Blizzard is hard to resist.

Stephanie: I mean, it was a good Blizzard. But if you think about it, it was the most expensive Blizzard we've ever ordered.

Source: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20445511,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent