Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Michael and Kevin

michael_kevin_bio.jpg

Michael and Kevin

Michael Wu

Hometown: Sugar Land, Texas

Connection to your Teammate: Father

Current occupation: Software Consultant and Content Creator/Internet Entertainer

Favorite hobbies: My favorite hobbies include reading a good book, watching old movies and going to the park/lake.

Achievements: I have provided a stable and comfortable environment for my two kids to grow up. My wife and I did our best to raise them while running our own business.

Lifelong to do list: Travel around the world, be good at martial arts like Tai-Chi and pursue an advanced degree

What scares you most about traveling? Being in an airplane accident

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing different places and people, and getting out of the routine to do something different

What are you passionate about? I like to make friends smile and laugh. I also love to share my knowledge with young people and hope to make a difference in their lives.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would share half of the amount equally among the 11 teams and the rest I would donate to charity.

People would be surprised to learn: I am not really comfortable in a competitive situation.

Favorite place you have ever visited: North European countries

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We need to try and put our different personalities aside and work to be the best team we can be.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope the Race will be an exciting and fun experience that we can share for the rest of our lives. I'm also sure that facing the challenges and solving them together will definitely make us understand each other better. I hope to improve our relationship.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He uses foul language in situations when it's not really called for.

Kevin Wu

Hometown: Sugar Land, Texas

Connection to your Teammate: Son

Current occupation: Student/Internet Entertainer

Favorite hobbies: Making videos, competitive sports and traveling

Achievements: I just recently hit one million subscribers on Youtube. Also I'm the youngest person ever to be on Amazing Race!

Lifelong to do list: Ultimately I would like to learn how to cook, travel the world, start a production company.

What scares you most about traveling? Losing my luggage

What excites you most about traveling? Getting to experience new places

If I could switch places with someone: I'd rather not switch places with anyone.

Role model/hero: My dad. He knows how to keep it real.

What are you passionate about? Food

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would use it to fund a show I have in mind.

People would be surprised to learn: I make YouTube videos with my dad. My dad is hilarious!

Favorite place you have ever visited: Amsterdam

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Being decisive and using our heads more than others, because as a team we might be at a disadvantage physically.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? The experience of traveling around the globe.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes we have a difficult time comprehending one another.

CBS-TAR

That dad is too adorable for words! They seem like they'll be really funny together on the race and I hope they can last a while.

I love Kevin on YouTube and I agree his dad is adorable. Hopefully they will stick around, but I don't pick them to win.

I don't see them winning unfortunately but they are my favorite by far.

They had the easiest speed bump ever! 10 minutes sitting on an ice chair!!! What a crock. I love this team but it should have been harder than that.

Speed bumps aren't usually all that difficult - usually they just take up a set amount of time. And, I'll bet that really did hurt to sit on that even for 10 minutes. I'm glad they got themselves back in it. They probably won't win, but they enjoy racing and each other, and they seem so very nice.

Glad they are still in it....

I like the speed bump better then previous races where they took everything away but the clothes on their backs.

I found it very disturbing to have to watch racers beg for cash. I would be freaked out with having nothing in some of those countires AND I found it wrong that racers were begging people so that they could win a Million dollars (very Ugly American) - it just seemed wrong on so many levels.

I liked that Michael and Kevin played extra smart because of the speed bump - racers should be doing this all the time and it showed how many missed that opportuntiy.

It will be interesting next week to see what times the last groups made it back to the Pit Stop because 10 minutes can make a big difference.

Still loving these two. Michael is just too funny, in a quiet unassuming way, and Kevin is so protective and supportive of his dad. Glad they finished strong tonight. Kevin kicked butt on that bridge task.

I love them! When I saw their pre-show interview I thought for sure they'd be out by now but I am so happy I was wrong. And they're not even just hanging on, they're actually doing pretty good - especially considering Michael's age.

I like these guys too. I find myself routing for them more each week.

I find it impressive how they treat each other with love and respect. I have never heard either of them raise their voices to one another. They are always supportive with each other. I would love to see these two make it to the end.

I enjoy them... they make me smile. :)

I enjoy them... they make me smile. :)

Agree. They seem genuinely nice people. That has come to mean much to me.

Kevin messed up. Shoulda listened to his dad - Phil was indeed across the street in the park. Cost them 1st place.

For sure!!

Looks like they might be in trouble next week, Dad is doing the roadblock, and that always seems to end badly

For sure!!

Looks like they might be in trouble next week, Dad is doing the roadblock, and that always seems to end badly

I saw that - I am hoping it only misleading hype, but yeah, Michael and roadblocks don't really mix.

Yah, I love them, but Michael not being able to the roadblocks well will hurt them in the end.... Kevin can't do them all

Dear God people! If you've ever watched TAR in any season, you would know how important it is to thoroughly read the damn clue. Kevin, you should have been less anal about thinking your dad would get you eliminated this leg and read the clue carefully like he told you to.