nat_kat_bio.jpg

Nat and Kat

Nat Strand

Hometown: Scottsdale, Ariz.

Connection to your Teammate: Friend

Current occupation: Doctor

Favorite hobbies: Scuba diving, skiing and traveling

Achievements: Becoming a doctor

Lifelong to do list: Cage dive with great white sharks, take pilot lessons, finish a triathlon, establish a comprehensive pain rehabilitation center, write a book and learn how to speak Spanish.

What scares you most about traveling? Not having access to medical care

What excites you most about traveling? Traveling will give me the opportunity to see new places, learn about different cultures and grow as a person

If I could switch places with someone: The Dalai Lama or Heidi Klum

Role model/hero: My Dad. He is the kindest person I know.

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about helping people live the best possible life.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we were to win the million dollars, I would donate money to support challenged athletes and to support the search for a cure for Diabetes. I would pay off my debts from medical school and I would buy a baby blue vintage Bronco with the top chopped off.

People would be surprised to learn: I am absolutely terrified of heights.

Favorite place you have ever visited: Belize

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We went to get our backpack for the Race and we could not find Kat's car in the parking garage afterwards. We were in the completely wrong parking structure. Navigation might be our biggest challenge.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain personal satisfaction from traveling, meet new people and represent strong, career oriented females.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Kat is so perfect! I don't have a pet peeve.

Kat Chang

Hometown: Santa Monica, Calif.

Connection to your Teammate: Friend

Current occupation: Doctor

Favorite hobbies: Cycling, traveling and eating

Achievements: The biggest achievement for me was completing medical school and residency both of which did not come easy for me.

Lifelong to do list: Learn to scuba dive, surf and cook; have a rewarding career where I am proud of my work; live a healthy and balanced life; have a loving family; run the New York City marathon; remember to live in the present

What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick

What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people and seeing/experiencing new things that makes me reflect and learn something new about myself.

If I could switch places with someone: Maybe only for one day, I would switch with a comedian like Chelsea Handler. She's hysterical and what a great skill to be able to make an entire room erupt in laughter.

Role model/hero: I'm inspired by a lot of people -- especially strong, successful women. Thanks to all the female physicians before who paved the way for my generation of doctors.

What are you passionate about? Travel, love and good food

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Donate to charity, pay off part of my medical school loans and bring some loved ones on a sweet vacation

People would be surprised to learn: I'm very sensitive and emotional.

Favorite place you have ever visited: Bali

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Having to adjust to not being in control of our daily schedules

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to have a fun adventure. One million dollars would also help make a huge dent in my enormous student loans.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She tends to show up late for things (fashionably of course).

CBS-TAR

I love them! They are totally adorable and they seem like they'll be a really strong team. They are my second favorite right now.

Last night made me love them even more. :smitten: They are just as cute and adorable as their interview - they are in my top 3 as well.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this team and I really hope they make it all the way to the end.

So far I think they are great!

They struggled a bit tonight, huh? The blonde was annoying me with all the "please please" during the sunglasses challenge. She needed to just STFU.

These two have clearly OD'd on stupid pills! OMG get a clue docs!

They definitely redeemed themselves this week. But, will it last?

Bet the vegetarian doc had some serious gastro issues when she got to the pit stop. Eating that greasy meat after 20 years as a vegetarian had to be a huge shock to her gut. :cheeseburger:

My girls are still kicking butt! :D I love watching them together and I really hope they can make it to the end.

They are doing great. Hopefully they won't have a brain fart week and get eliminated. They have a really good chance to win, and out of what's left, I think I prefer that they win over any of the others.

i like this team hope they go all the way i also like the other gril team two hope they both me it to the end

i like this team hope they go all the way i also like the other gril team two hope they both me it to the end

I totally agree! My ideal top 3 is Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire and Gary & Mallory. I know that Gary & Mallory have almost no shot at making the final 3 so I am really hoping my two girl teams can make it! :D I'd be happy with either team winning.

After doing so well for the last several weeks, they nearly blew it last night. Better get your "A" game on girls!

I totally loved their attitudes while Chad was harassing them during the rickshaw challenge.

Nat & Kat for the WIN!!!

I liked both top two teams this time out. Would have been fine by me with either winning. Third; not so much. Not sure how I feel about the reprise format on the next AR. Might skip it.

YAY!!! I think this is the second time my early favorites have taken the prize. And to the Volley Ball Bitter Babes... SUCK ON IT!!!!

YAY!!! I think this is the second time my early favorites have taken the prize. And to the Volley Ball Bitter Babes... SUCK ON IT!!!!

I must have missed something. What made you think the volleyball girls were bitter?