Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Nick and Vicki

He is so mean to her and she seems to ooze insecurity which makes her a huge target for abusive treatment. I hope she finds some strength to keep on running once this race is over and get as far away from him as she can. She can certainly do better. Next week's previews look ugly. What a jerk he is.

this race shows their true characters.

True enough. He's a bully, and she is the victim who is too mousy to stand up to him. Makes me hate them both.

Amazing Race time penalties and credits explained

by Andy Dehnart / November 28, 2010, 2:11 PM

In the wake of the error on an The Amazing Race task that affected multiple teams and led to the elimination of a speed bump task for the team saved by the non-elimination leg, some viewers noticed the disclaimer that appears at the very end of the credits.

It says, "Some teams may have received time penalties or credits in accordance with the rules," but it is not new. It has been there for years, perhaps since season one.

It's interesting, however, how complicated and complex time credits actually are. The excellent but no longer updated TARflies' FAQ about the show explores this over several questions that address the issues of time credits. Assuming the rules haven't changed since then—and they may have—here's some relevant background.

The FAQ says that credits and penalties are calculated "between legs" and a "team's departure time from the pit stop is adjusted according to the time credits and penalties accrued from the last leg." Former racers told the site that "time adjustments happen all the time. We only hear about it if it noticeably affects the game in some way, such as altering the order in which teams leave the pit stop."

TARfiles says that "Time credits are given whenever a team is slowed down by the production crew, for some reason. For example, if a team misses a train because their cameraman had to stop and change the batteries in his camera, the team gets a time credit for the time lost" and "Teams are credited for production-related delays, such as if a camera operator has to use the bathroom."

Although time credits are calculated between legs, each two-person camera crew presumably has to keep track of this, or at least communicate it to someone else. And don't forget that Phil has to know when checking a team in that they've broken the rules, and the only production people to know about it are the sound engineer and camera operator with the team—and they are busy filming that team, of course. That's just another aspect of the production that's pretty amazing, and the camera crews have exceedingly important yet difficult jobs.

Source: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_17/2010_Nov_28_time_credits_penalties

Twice they come in last place on non-elimination legs. I can't see this team's luck holding out any longer. Especially starting next leg with a 6 hour penalty. If they're not eliminated next week, I'll start going to church on a more consistent basis.

I was hoping that it would be a non-elim leg, but because they hadn't completed every task, that they wouldn't be eligible. I hate whiners and 'I wanna quit' - ers, on any reality show. I wish that every time 'I wanna quit,', or 'I wanna go home' was uttered, that a Genie would appear and grant that very wish.

It is one thing to have a weak moment, or to have a bad day. But for him to say he wished he had never even done the race at all, makes it seem really unfair that he is still there, and he has lucked out twice now, with the non-elim legs. He didn't even seem happy that they were getting another chance.

If she stays with him, then she deserves him. If she can't see what a loser he is, then she must be a loser herself.

PS - Nick was back to being just ugly and mean to Vicki again this week. It makes me hate both of them - him for talking to her and treating her like that and her for putting up with it!

ita