Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Bristol Palin

Pro Dance Partner: Mark Ballas

It was only two years ago that we first met Bristol Palin, former first daughter of Alaska. We know she’s tough enough to survive rough Alaskan winters, but is she ready to face Bruno, Carrie Ann, and Len?

Bristol first entered the national spotlight when her mother, former Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin was selected to be John McCain’s running mate in the 2008 Presidential election. Bristol traveled the country alongside her mother, father and siblings on the campaign trail.

After giving birth to her son Tripp, and becoming a single teen mother in 2008, Palin became a spokesperson for the prevention of teen pregnancy and other teen issues. As an advocate for the protection of life, Palin wanted to share her story with other teens who may one day face a similar situation. Palin also acts as Teen Ambassador for The Candie’s Foundation, to prevent teen and unplanned pregnancy. As part of her campaign, Palin recently guest starred as herself on an episode of ABC Family’s teenage drama The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Palin resides in Alaska with her son and family.

ABC-DWTS

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Really hope they are the first ones out

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
Hypocrisy, thy name is Bristol.

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
I can't wait to see how she does! She'll definitely be good for a laugh. :animated_bouncy:

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,144 posts
I have nothing against Bristol Palin. I won't make a decision about her until I see her in action.

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
She annoys me because she stated she broke off her engagement to Levi, because all he wanted was to remain in the limelight. I think she told this to People magazine. Not sure of the actual quote or anything. I think it was something I saw on 'The Soup', so of course it's true!
But then I saw her interviewed, after the cast was announced. Sorry, but I can't remember for what show. It was ET, or something like that. But the interview was pretty standard, but then the lady interviewing made her text her mom, because Bristol had said she had just gotten a text from her mom. So they stand there, as Bristol texts her mom, and this interviewer was so lame. 'She's texting Sarah Palin'. Like we're supposed to be so excited. I don't know -- it was just weird.
And then she says something about how a lot of the women look forward to losing some weight on the show. 'Are you excited about that Bristol?". 'Well, um sure, I look forward to getting into really good shape', 'Oh, not that there's anything wrong with the way you are now Bristol'....
I was more annoyed with the lady interviewing Bristol, than I have ever been with Bristol herself. This lady was stupid, lame, and insulting. For one thing, Bristol didn't look even a little bit fat. Maybe she's not model or actress thin, but she looked great... fit and healthy. But just like Hollywood --- insinuate someone who is at a healthy normal weight, should probably want to drop a few pounds.
I don't really have anything against her either. I'm not a Palin supporter or hater. I can't really understand why she would want to do it.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
She's...................NOT......................a...........................star!!! Okay, I see she did have ONE guest spot on some remote show playing (gasp) herself -so does that make her an actress or a star? I think not. PLEASE let her be the first one out (although I know we couldn't get that lucky).

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I agree -- she is the farthest from being an actual 'star', in the history of the series, IMO. I don't really think reality stars are stars either, but you can argue that they do have their own shows. And it's not 'Dancing with the Actors or Athletes'. Bristol did have a cameo in some stupid tv show, and maybe she has made some public service announcement. She and what's his name were on the cover of People magazine, or something? I guess that means she is a star, because the entertainment news rags have had features about her and her baby daddy. Not in my book, but I guess it's good enough for this show.
It really should be called 'dancing with the used-to-be stars, athletes, reality hos, and people most likely to cause interest and controversy, thereby heightening interest in he show'. Too long? Maybe, but at least more accurate.

BBinSavannah

BBinSavannah

• Pip
  • 1,825 posts
I think she was on....get this?....Teen Mom. Which I think is an awful show. From what I understand is that it glorifies teen pregnancy.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Needs to go asap

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a political post nor is it an endorsement or put-down of any candidate for office, or of any political party.

That being said, I think the producers made a HUGE mistake by putting Bristol Palin on DWTS, especially this season. All the TV or radio could talk about this morning was that Sarah Palin would be in the audience tonight to watch Bristol. Well of course she will, she is her mom, BUT woop de doo - do we have to keep going on and on about it? I wish they would just leave politics and politicians far from the dance floor. To me, it seems like a distraction away from the rest of the contestants and the show itself. JMHO, of course.

PLUS like I said before, this girl is NOT a star. What the heck is she doing there?

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
No Comment

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Stiff, awkward -- that was terrible. The judges are blowing sunshine up her butt.

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
She seems like a nice girl. I didn't think she did that badly for someone who is not a performer in any way. But the judges were way too kind, I thought. There were times when I thought she did ok, ,but most of it looked pretty awkward.

She is still in no way 'a star' though. So while I don't think she did that badly, I'm comparing her to any other regular person, who would have to dance like that. How nervous and uncomfortable you would be, if you aren't used to performing, whether it's acting, singing, reality tv star, or something athletic. So she did all right for a regular Joe, but it's dancing with the 'STARS', not dancing with 'regular Joes'.
Do they think people will tune in to watch Bristol, in the hopes they will catch a glimpse of Sarah Palin in the audience? That's weird. I hope Sarah never comes. I'm neither fan nor foe of hers, but I can't imagine either side getting a big thrill out of seeing her sit in the audience. Weird weird weird.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts
Lot of haters out there. :lipsrsealed2:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

Lot of haters out there. :lipsrsealed2:

I don't "hate" her but I don't see the logic of having her on the show. She doesn't qualify as a "star" even in the loosest possible interpretation of the word. And she wasn't good - that's just stating a fact.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
She wasn't as awful as I feared she would be... and dancing to a song called "Mama told me not to come" is freaking hysterical

That said she is not famous, nor a celebrity, her mother is.... if they want Sarah Palin that would be one thing but her daughter???? No thanks, if not for the fact that she got pregnant at 17 even the fact that her mother is a politician wouldn't be enough to get her on the show.

I don't enjoy this whole sub-culture of young people who are famous for nothing more than being rich and stupid

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Bristol Palin's dancing skills reminded me of someone on last season... now who was it who was also stiff and well painfully funny to watch? Oh that's right the person who Bristol's getting dancing tips from. Ms. Kate minus her eight.

If you are going to pick anyone formerly on the show to get dancing tips from, how about someone who can actually dance and isn't considered a star for being on TLC (oops I'm sorry, didn't mean to riff on your mom Bristol since she's also going to be on TLC)

I feel for Mark because I think he is doing a decent job with the material he was given.

Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts
I agree. She warrants a spot on DWTS because she is the daughter of a famous politician and was in the news solely because she got pregnant? Oh joy, the requirements for being a contestant. :rolleyes: They really are dragging the bottom of the barrel.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
She was better than last week, but I'm sorry, that dance tonight was grossly overscored. 7's were questionable, but an 8 was just ridiculous. Her footwork was decent, but she is stiff as a board from the waist up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users