Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
Posted Image

Jennifer Grey

Pro Dance Partner: Derek Hough

We wonder...when she dirty danced with Patrick Swayze was she secretly imagining it being a Viennese Waltz?

A beloved actress of both film and television, Jennifer Grey is best known for her starring roles in the iconic movies Dirty Dancing and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Grey starred as Frances “Baby” Houseman in the award-winning, box office hit Dirty Dancing, which is widely considered one of the best dance movies of all time.

Some of Grey’s other films include the Ben Affleck movie Bounce, Red Dawn, and The Cotton Club. Grey starred in the television sitcom, It’s Like, You Know… and has made memorable television appearances on such shows as Friends, John from Cincinnati, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and an upcoming episode of the medical drama House. She has also starred in various television movies, including A Case for Murder, CBS’s The West Side Waltz, and a Lifetime original movie Road to Christmas.

Jennifer is the daughter of Tony® and Academy Award® winner, Joel Grey, and resides in Los Angeles with her family, actor/director Clark Gregg and daughter.

Photo credit: Theo & Juliet
ABC-DWTS

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
It sucks that someone who I actually consider a star and would enjoy watching, is paired with the tool that is Derek Hough.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Ivy, I totally agree! Wish she were with Maks....

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Definitely seems like an odd mix

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
VERY!! On age alone, it seems awkward! NOT that I consider her old, but she is old enough to be his mother, and that's just kinda icky considering some of the dances they have to do.

PS - loved her in Dirty Dancing of course, but I also loved her as the snotty sister in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
No kidding..... on a side note I had no idea, until recently, that in real life she was married to the guy that played Christine's ex husband Richard from New Adventures of Old Christine

She was great in Ferris, LOL

I might cry if they dance to " Time of My Life"

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Ok I'll admit it, tears flowed ( even though I did think it was a little phony)

Hope she sticks around... Love Her!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
I'm a titbag, I was bawling too. From the previews I thought it was gonna be phony, but I think she really was emotional about the song and missing Patrick.
PS - she can dance - and that was a beautiful dance.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
WOOT!!!!! Highest score tonight!!!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I just watched their dance again on Youtube..... it really was fabulous, gave me chills watching it again...... I won't mind at all if she wins it all, even if that does mean Derek winning again

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I thought she was great. I was not even bothered by Derek 'The Tool' Hough. I thought all of Jennifer's emotions were genuine and sincere.

I did think that Carrie Ann went way over the top, with her comments. I don't know -- maybe Carrie Ann had a real and personal relationship with Patrick Swayze too, so that is why she felt something 'profound', or whatever it was that she said. I think she should have just commented on the dancing, maybe how touching it was that we could all tell what an emotional dance it was for her. But I don't know -- I felt like she got too personal, and was almost invading Jennifer's emotions. It's hard to put into words I guess, but it bugged me. It felt, in a way, like she was trying to horn in on something that was personal, and private. Just my gut feeling...

Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts
I will say that I did enjoy their dance and I think they should do very well in this competition.

With that being said, I found the tears she shed a little over the top. I always heard that during the filming of Dirty Dancing, she and Patrick did not get along at all and that their personality conflicts caused problems on the set. Whether they resolved their issues in later years and became friends is unknown to me.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I know they didn't get along during the filming, I wondered about the tears myself....

but I do know that she reached out to him and his wife while he was dying, and his wife gave Jennifer her full support for doing Dancing with the Stars, she also had a tumor removed from her throat, so I can fully understand the emotions she might have been feeling

Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts

I know they didn't get along during the filming, I wondered about the tears myself....

but I do know that she reached out to him and his wife while he was dying, and his wife gave Jennifer her full support for doing Dancing with the Stars, she also had a tumor removed from her throat, so I can fully understand the emotions she might have been feeling

Thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of that.

But she is an actress - I just thought it was a little over the top personally. I was a big fan of the movie and a huge fan of Patrick. Would hate to see someone using their affiliation with him to assure her popularity on this show.

But that's just me . . . I'll give her another chance to prove me wrong :)

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I agree there...I loved Patrick and I still adore the movie.... but I hope that is the last we here of him frrom her for a while... and no more music from the movie..... lets move on....

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Here is what Patrick's widow, Lisa had to say,

Sep 22 2010 05:47 PM ET

Exclusive: Patrick Swayze's widow on Jennifer Grey's 'Dancing with the Stars' breakdown
by Lynette Rice

Lisa Niemi, the wife of the late Patrick Swayze, told EW.com exclusively that she was "caught off-guard" by the outpouring of emotion displayed by Jennifer Grey during the Dancing with the Stars premiere on Monday and "didn't expect there to be so much focus on Patrick." The season 11 opener featured a video segment of Grey bursting into tears when she and partner Derek Hough began to rehearse to "These Arms of Mine," a song featured on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.

"A friend asked me if I thought Jennifer was being sincere, and I said absolutely. I thought she was sincere," said Niemi. "There's got to be some part of her that knows it will help her chances a little bit. But does that cancel out whether she really does care? No, it doesn't. I think her feelings are very true and at the same time, I think she's going to win!"

Despite the breakdown, Grey, 50, and Hough went on to earn the highest score of the night – 24 out of 30 — by performing the Viennese waltz. It even brought judge Carrie Ann Inaba to tears. "Of course, Jennifer is hugely associated with Dirty Dancing, and if you think about it — her dancing ballroom again — how could it not remind her of moment in time that was very important?" says Niemi. "Jennifer is a very talented and very sensitive individual. It didn't surprise me that she got so emotional."

Niemi said she sent along her good wishes via email to Grey before she began Dancing with the Stars. She and Swayze often ran into Grey over the years and always had "warm feelings" for her. Says Niemi, "Jennifer is a very unique individual and she looks like dynamite. I'm sure some people thought Jennifer had all this dance training, which she hasn't, but she has a lot of natural abilities. Coupled with her acting abilities, she's a unique personality. She has a lot to bring to the show."

"There is a lot of good will out there for Dirty Dancing," Niemi continued. "Will that little magic help her? I think it may because she was such a big part of Dirty Dancing. Go girl and win it if you are going to do this kind of thing, I think!"

After co-authoring Time of My Life with Swayze, Niemi is working on a new book in which she'll address how she coped with Swayze's illness in his final years and his tragic passing last year.

ew.com

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Really challenging dance when you are 50 plus. She did a great job!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
She was freaking awesome tonight!!!! I'm glad there was no Patrick reference, I understand if they hadn't talked about it last week, it would have been like a huge elephant in the room, but I was glad that they got on with it tonight, and I loved it.... definitely rooting for Jennifer

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Yep, me too ----- even if she is paired with freaking Derek.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I know!! I will just have to suck it up and hope he wins again LOL

Can't believe some people are calling her a ringer!! She was in a dance movie 25 ish years ago and is over 50, I hardly think that makes her a ringer... and I'm the first one screaming when I think someone is a ringer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users