Chatbox
    That was a great first night. Thank you everyone that posted. When midnight rolls around in the BB house, I start the next day's thread. It is now Thursday September 29, 2016 please use that thread. GN, & Thanks again. ~Morty
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough

49 posts in this topic

Jennifer.jpg

Jennifer Grey

Pro Dance Partner: Derek Hough

We wonder...when she dirty danced with Patrick Swayze was she secretly imagining it being a Viennese Waltz?

A beloved actress of both film and television, Jennifer Grey is best known for her starring roles in the iconic movies Dirty Dancing and Ferris Bueller

It sucks that someone who I actually consider a star and would enjoy watching, is paired with the tool that is Derek Hough.

VERY!! On age alone, it seems awkward! NOT that I consider her old, but she is old enough to be his mother, and that's just kinda icky considering some of the dances they have to do.

PS - loved her in Dirty Dancing of course, but I also loved her as the snotty sister in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

No kidding..... on a side note I had no idea, until recently, that in real life she was married to the guy that played Christine's ex husband Richard from New Adventures of Old Christine

She was great in Ferris, LOL

I might cry if they dance to " Time of My Life"

Ok I'll admit it, tears flowed ( even though I did think it was a little phony)

Hope she sticks around... Love Her!

I'm a titbag, I was bawling too. From the previews I thought it was gonna be phony, but I think she really was emotional about the song and missing Patrick.

PS - she can dance - and that was a beautiful dance.

I just watched their dance again on Youtube..... it really was fabulous, gave me chills watching it again...... I won't mind at all if she wins it all, even if that does mean Derek winning again

I thought she was great. I was not even bothered by Derek 'The Tool' Hough. I thought all of Jennifer's emotions were genuine and sincere.

I did think that Carrie Ann went way over the top, with her comments. I don't know -- maybe Carrie Ann had a real and personal relationship with Patrick Swayze too, so that is why she felt something 'profound', or whatever it was that she said. I think she should have just commented on the dancing, maybe how touching it was that we could all tell what an emotional dance it was for her. But I don't know -- I felt like she got too personal, and was almost invading Jennifer's emotions. It's hard to put into words I guess, but it bugged me. It felt, in a way, like she was trying to horn in on something that was personal, and private. Just my gut feeling...

I will say that I did enjoy their dance and I think they should do very well in this competition.

With that being said, I found the tears she shed a little over the top. I always heard that during the filming of Dirty Dancing, she and Patrick did not get along at all and that their personality conflicts caused problems on the set. Whether they resolved their issues in later years and became friends is unknown to me.

I know they didn't get along during the filming, I wondered about the tears myself....

but I do know that she reached out to him and his wife while he was dying, and his wife gave Jennifer her full support for doing Dancing with the Stars, she also had a tumor removed from her throat, so I can fully understand the emotions she might have been feeling

I know they didn't get along during the filming, I wondered about the tears myself....

but I do know that she reached out to him and his wife while he was dying, and his wife gave Jennifer her full support for doing Dancing with the Stars, she also had a tumor removed from her throat, so I can fully understand the emotions she might have been feeling

Thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of that.

But she is an actress - I just thought it was a little over the top personally. I was a big fan of the movie and a huge fan of Patrick. Would hate to see someone using their affiliation with him to assure her popularity on this show.

But that's just me . . . I'll give her another chance to prove me wrong :)

I agree there...I loved Patrick and I still adore the movie.... but I hope that is the last we here of him frrom her for a while... and no more music from the movie..... lets move on....

Here is what Patrick's widow, Lisa had to say,

Sep 22 2010 05:47 PM ET

Exclusive: Patrick Swayze's widow on Jennifer Grey's 'Dancing with the Stars' breakdown

by Lynette Rice

Lisa Niemi, the wife of the late Patrick Swayze, told EW.com exclusively that she was "caught off-guard" by the outpouring of emotion displayed by Jennifer Grey during the Dancing with the Stars premiere on Monday and "didn't expect there to be so much focus on Patrick." The season 11 opener featured a video segment of Grey bursting into tears when she and partner Derek Hough began to rehearse to "These Arms of Mine," a song featured on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.

"A friend asked me if I thought Jennifer was being sincere, and I said absolutely. I thought she was sincere," said Niemi. "There's got to be some part of her that knows it will help her chances a little bit. But does that cancel out whether she really does care? No, it doesn't. I think her feelings are very true and at the same time, I think she's going to win!"

Despite the breakdown, Grey, 50, and Hough went on to earn the highest score of the night

Really challenging dance when you are 50 plus. She did a great job!

She was freaking awesome tonight!!!! I'm glad there was no Patrick reference, I understand if they hadn't talked about it last week, it would have been like a huge elephant in the room, but I was glad that they got on with it tonight, and I loved it.... definitely rooting for Jennifer

I know!! I will just have to suck it up and hope he wins again LOL

Can't believe some people are calling her a ringer!! She was in a dance movie 25 ish years ago and is over 50, I hardly think that makes her a ringer... and I'm the first one screaming when I think someone is a ringer

I know!! I will just have to suck it up and hope he wins again LOL

Can't believe some people are calling her a ringer!! She was in a dance movie 25 ish years ago and is over 50, I hardly think that makes her a ringer... and I'm the first one screaming when I think someone is a ringer

I couldn't agree more, her dancing days were 20+ years ago. She is so not a ringer. I think she's doing amazing and I truly hope she goes on to win this! I just adore her.

she looked to winded after dance. looked like she was going to pass out. Derek is to paws on his partners. a pervert guy. :lipsrsealed2:

Doesn't matter if she is on the floor passed out AFTER the dance, she is judged on what she does DURING the dance, and she was fab!

She is far from a ringer...

Interesting article in People last week about her biggest fear is dancing and she is facing that fear by being on the show.

There is some stuff about the car accident sustained just before the opening of Dirty Dancing.

Since I am just a few months shy of 50 myself, I this she is doing an amazing job (stuff gets so much harder)...

Donny Osmond did 50 proud - hopefully Jennifer Grey may do the same.

I missed her dance this week. I am looking forward to watching on my DVR this weekend.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0