Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Has True Blood gotten too gay?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Has True Blood gone too gay? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Has season three of True Blood taken the homosexual themes too far?

1. Yes - I liked it better before (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No - It's just another dimension of the great characters. (7 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,464 posts
I've been busy following Big Brother, and I haven't seen any of this season's True Blood. I've heard this this season is really good, but some people are unhappy that the characters homosexual behavior is ruining the show.

Here's a story from the LA Times:
Has "True Blood" gotten too gay? It seems like kind of a ridiculous question, honestly. The show's developer, Alan Ball, is an openly gay man, and the show is based around vampires, monsters well known for what one of my friends calls their "ambi-sexuality." The idea of the vampire's bite has been used by any number of writers as a kind of fill-in for sexuality, and the fact that vampires will bite pretty much anyone -- including animals -- to get the blood they so need to survive has been used to stand in for all manner of sexual behaviors and kinks over the years. -Read More -

arrowhead

arrowhead

• Pip
  • 4,173 posts
But since Lafayette and his nurse are not vampires the writers's argument fails .

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Heck no!

a_starry_night

a_starry_night

• Pip
  • 538 posts
I've heard this mentioned before. I don't think anything can be *too* gay.... but here is a list of characters:

Lafayette
Jesus
Russell
Talbot
Pam
the blonde newslady spokesperson for the vamps (can't remember her name)
Sophie Anne (queen vamp)
Hadley

Rydethis

Rydethis

• Pip
  • 312 posts
Isn't Eric gay or bi... or did he just pretend to be to get close to that guy to kill him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users