Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Apprentice - Season 10

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
NBC, DONALD TRUMP AND MARK BURNETT INTRODUCE 16 CANDIDATES TO COMPETE ON NEW EDITION OF 'THE APPRENTICE,' PREMIERING SEPTEMBER 16 (9-11 P.M. ET)

Following are the Season 10 candidates of NBC's "The Apprentice."

Tyana Alvarado, 41 (Miami, Fla.), was a successful real estate agent prior to the recession. She never imagined being unemployed for so long, yet has managed to adjust to a simpler way of life since losing her six-figure income. Alvarado currently resides in Los Angeles, Calif. and is proud to hold the title of Miss Cougar California, where she feels she can use her brains and her beauty to redefine the perception of a "cougar." During her time off last year, she took advantage of fulfilling some of her "bucket list" travel locations on the smallest of budgets.

Kelly Smith Beaty, 30 (Fayetteville, Ga.), born in North Carolina and raised in Georgia, received her Bachelor of Arts in political science from Spelman College and her Masters in Public Communication from American University. Beaty worked in the press office for the Governor of Georgia and was previously employed in the Atlanta office of a global public relations firm, where she was laid off. She was recently named one of the city's "Power 30 Under 30." Her expectation of purchasing her dream condo and car on her 30th birthday was abandoned when she lost her job, and now lives with her parents. Beaty is an avid supporter of "Living Water For Girls," which is a rehab center that rescues and restores abused girls. She is an active member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority,Inc., a public service organization, and is a founding member of the "Next Wave Society," the young professionals auxiliary of the world famous Georgia Aquarium.

Poppy Carlig, 24 (Richmond, Calif.), a recent Stanford graduate, who has a Bachelor of Arts in Human Biology and Master's in Sociology, hasn't been able to secure a full time job in her chosen field. She was offered a job doing breast cancer research, but unfortunately due to the economic recession, the funding fell through. Carlig currently lives in Richmond, California with her parents and works as a part time caretaker for her grandmother. As a competitive synchronized swimmer, making the Olympic training squad and winning 4 NCAA championship titles in college, Carlig is ready to use her competition skills.

Stephanie Castagnier, 34 (Chicago, IL), born and raised in Montreal, has been a fighter since a very young age. Having both her parents pass away from AIDS when she was only a teenager, Castagnier started her career by putting herself through college at McGill University while working full time. Since then, she has worked as a commercial banker, at which she found success at a young age and was ranked among the top commercial lenders in the country several years running. After being directly impacted by the effects of the recession in the financial sector, she is looking to take control of her life and be proactive in her career. Additionally, Castagnier founded Child Cause/Fear to Fire, a non-profit organization that provides a peer network to teens affected by AIDS and substance abuse by inspiring through the arts and has authored a book titled "Fear to Fire." Castagnier is very athletic, a national speaker and continues to write.

Nicole Chiu, 27 (Palos Verdes, Calif.), graduated cum laude from the University of California, Irvine. She received her J.D. from Loyola Law School while holding the title of "Miss Los Angeles" and placing 4th Runner Up at the Miss California USA 2008 Pageant (part of the Miss USA Pageant). Determined to use her brains and beauty, Chiu left her law firm job, where she was miserable as an attorney, to prove that the recession can't stop her from pursuing her dreams.

Alex Delgado, 43 (Santa Ynez, Calif.), a charismatic family man, has a background in mechanical engineering technology and worked as an inspector/materials testing technician. Due to the recent economic recession, he was laid off and began working as a tow truck driver to make ends meet. Delgado describes himself as a man of many passions who has owned a car restoration company, overseen various million-dollar projects and played in a rock band. He prides himself on his ability to take an idea, improve upon it, and see projects through from start to finish. Delgado resides in Santa Ynez, California with his wife and two kids.

Gene Folkes, 46 (Wylie, Texas), has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from Morris Brown College and served in the US Air Force. Folkes previously worked at several high profile financial companies as a financial advisor. After being laid off, Folkes has been trying to get his own assisted living facility off the ground while living off of his savings and retirement. Folkes was born in Jamaica, grew up in the Midwest, and currently resides in Wylie, Texas. He is an avid motorcycle enthusiast and cigar aficionado.

Wade Hanson, 33 (Woodbury, Minn.), the self-taught real estate mogul spent 11 years honing his real estate skills. His career garnered him recognition as he was named one of the "Top 30 Realtors Under 30" in the country. A Woodbury, Minnesota resident and father of two, Hanson is an avid big-game hunter and golfer. He also loves serving as a coach for his daughter's ice hockey team. Hanson maintains a positive attitude and he insists he will bounce back from the recession because he is a winner.

David Johnson, 34 (Portage, Mich.), embodies the image of the All-American family man. The Navy veteran, part-time stand-up comedian and once successful account manager, married his high school sweetheart and is father to five children. Johnson, a Portage, Missouri resident, once had two houses and could buy his family whatever they desired, and in today's recession has become an unemployed family man who can't pay his mortgage and is determined to prove to his children that he is still a great provider.

Brandy Kuentzel, 30 (San Francisco, Calif.), received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from UCLA and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Chicago Law School. After working as a corporate attorney for a prestigious international law firm, she co-founded a mobile cupcake business in the San Francisco Bay Area. This entrepreneur is now ready to launch a more challenging and rewarding career. Kuentzel is a vegetarian and an avid supporter of animal rights. She also loves the outdoors and runs several miles a day.

Steuart Martens, 27 (Washington, D.C.), born and raised in Washington DC, was the successful owner of four companies. Unfortunately, as the economy took a downturn, Martens was forced to close down two of his companies and lay off his entire staff. A serial entrepreneur, he is always looking for the next big business venture opportunity. Martens attended Purdue University on a swimming scholarship and received a Bachelor of Science in business. He also made it to the Olympic trials for swimming and is heavily involved in DC government.

Liza Mucheru-Wisner, 30 (Corpus Christi, Texas), was born in Kenya and was part of the Kenyan National Golf team and was recruited to play golf at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. She completed her education and received her Masters degree while simultaneously starting an educational technology company. However, her business venture fell victim to the recession and she is struggling to make it a success. Mucheru-Wisner, now a wife and mother of two, works hard to stay connected with her family in Kenya and Ireland and is looking for opportunities to grow and expand her business. She is an avid fan of golf and is a belly dancer and aerobics instructor on the side.

Clint Robertson, 40 (Austin, Texas), received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Texas Christian University and a Juris Doctorate in Law from Southern Methodist University. Robertson went on to be a successful certified public accountant, real estate attorney and developer to having an estate sale where he was forced to sell a large amount of his family's possessions due to the economy. Robertson and his family now split time between a friend's guesthouse in Weatherford, Texas and another friend's rental house in Post Falls, Idaho. Currently living off of credit, Robertson is also a strong believer in God and spends much of his free time with his wife of 18 years and their three boys.

Mahsa Saeidi-Azcuy, 29 (Brooklyn, N.Y.), works as an Assistant District Attorney in Brooklyn, New York and is the host of two web-shows on the side. Dealing with the financial pressures of being the sole breadwinner in her family, Saeidi-Azcuy has gained personal strength in this economic downturn. Before receiving her J.D. at Brooklyn Law School, Saeidi-Azcuy studied Biology at the University of Virginia and film at the New York Film Academy. She passionately fights to promote justice and is obsessed with beauty, hair and style secrets.

Anand Vasudev, 31 (Tampa, Fla.), worked for a very lucrative private firm managing several large multi-million dollar real estate investments. The successful Emory University graduate, whose past career accomplishments also include being the youngest person to be promoted to a senior role at a Fortune 500 company, thought he was "indispensable" to his firm because of the high level of expertise he had developed over the years. His eventual layoff came to him as a huge shock, yet was very motivating. In the face of adversity, Anand followed his dream and moved to New York City, where today he is a struggling entrepreneur trying to launch an innovative new vitamin-infused wine company, while still also looking to get involved in media and entertainment business. He is finding it rather difficult amidst today's economic environment and hasn't taken a salary in over a year. An avid sports fan, Vasudev currently resides in New York City.

James Weir, 31 (New York, N.Y.), a Duke graduate who received his law degree from Georgetown, was an associate at a world class law firm in New York City until he was laid off more than a year and a half ago. Weir went from successful attorney living in the West Village to unemployed couch surfer. Unable to find a new job, he spends his time volunteering in New York.

laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,180 posts
Thanks for the info, Dade! Glad it's back and with regular contestents.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Yeah! me too!

never really liked the celeberty version.

Keep in mind, there really only is 2 possible apprentices. The rest are selected for the show so that can be fired (they don't know that).

Can you guess who are he real ones (final 2) in advance?

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I only like the celebrity one, I'll give this a pass this go round

laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,180 posts
The first episode was pretty good. Glad to see regular people on this time and how they're explaining how the economy has set them back. And I thought it was very generous of Trump to still set up an interview for the woman he fired. Hopefully, that's a theme all season long.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,725 posts
It seemed like Nicole Chiu (fired) tried to spread around the decisions for just
about every detail...
She was able to point a finger at any of her other Fortitude team member and
say the were responsible for any questionable decision.

I guess that trick won't be used any time soon by other Project Managers :animated_scratchchin:
I WILL say ... she certainly knew how to hold that Clip Board really well.

laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,180 posts
Wow, those women are b*tches! I was shocked when Trump fired that girl right away, but laughed when he was just playing a joke on them.

I really like James and am glad he's still in the game. Next week, it looks like David (?) tries to sabatoge his team to get James out, but hopefully it'll bite him in the butt.

I was surprised Trump didn't say something about setting up another interview for the person he fired, but I was pleased that they showed a segment of the man with a new job and that he's very happy.

This season with regular folk (as opposed to celebrities) is turning out great so far. And I get to watch it with my mom, who was turned off on the Apprentice with all the celebrity editions. (I think she's still just bitter Trace Adkins didn't win the first season!) :)

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
The Apprentice: Season Premiere
September 16, 2010 08:57:32 by Lisa Princ

The Apprentice: Season Premiere Falls Flat
September 21, 2010 02:25:13 by Lisa Princ

The Apprentice: Battle Of The Ice Cream
September 23, 2010 08:34:25 by Lisa Princ

The Apprentice: Perry’s Ice Cream Gains Exposure From Show
September 24, 2010 09:41:07 by Lisa Princ

The Apprentice: Donald Trump Jr. Heads To Virginia For Operation Smile
September 26, 2010 01:50:21 by Lisa Princ

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
'Apprentice' Contender Quits Brooklyn DA's Office

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts

'Apprentice' Contender Quits Brooklyn DA's Office

Why am I not surprised. I suppose one has to be tough and thick skinned to work for the Brooklyn DA's office but she was just mean and nasty with no good reason except maybe her love of arguing.

laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,180 posts
For the second week in a row, I feel the wrong person was fired. Tatiana may not have done anything during the task, but it was 100% all Mossa's project. As the losing PM, she should have been fired.

Just like last week, Trump says that everyone else on the team wants one specific person fired, so that must mean something and he takes that into consideration. Doesn't he realize the 'mob' mentality? That one person could dislike someone and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon. In a competition like this, where you'd rather throw someone else under the bus instead of getting fired yourself, it's much easier to all blame one person.

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
LaLa: Not sure I agree...

Last week I think there were 2 great candidates - the PM that dismissed the client (doggy day care) and the guy who sabotaged the web cam.

This week I think that the PM did not necessarily need to go - especially because her team was aligned around the fact that Tatiana did not offer more than "it was not Gorilla enough". As Trump said the guys team did have a stronger event aspect but it was indicated by the client that the Gym idea was not bad, just not extreme enough.

In business I hate being on a team where people play it safe or perform CYA acts(cover your a$$). I dislike people who sabotage even more. Sometimes you just have to polish a turd...Tatiana could have helped to do that.

laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,180 posts
Celebrity Apprentice' exclusive: La Toya Jackson, Mark McGrath, and Star Jones in next cast

Celebrity Apprentice will start shooting next week.

While the current (non-celebrity) edition of The Apprentice plays out to record low ratings, fans of absurdity and stars being forced into awesomely ridiculous scenarios can rejoice in the fact that filming on the next Celebrity Apprentice is set to begin in New York City early next week. Not only that, but a source close to production has confirmed to EW.com exclusively three of the famous faces vying for Donald Trump’s love (and money): La Toya Jackson, Mark McGrath, and Star Jones.

Michael Jackson’s sister La Toya certainly has experience on reality TV. In 2007, she — along with people like Erik Estrada and Jack Osbourne — trained to become a Muncie, Indiana reserve police officer on CBS’ Armed & Famous. Then, in 2009, she followed in her brother Jermaine’s footsteps by appearing in the UK on Celebrity Big Brother, where she shared a house with the likes of Verne Troyer and Coolio.

Mark McGrath, best known as the lead singer of rock band Sugar Ray and a former co-host of Extra, also has a background in reality, serving as a guest judge on American Idol, and as host of not one, but two Pussycat Dolls-related reality shows: The Search for the Next Doll and Girlicious. He also currently hosts the syndicated version of Don’t Forget the Lyrics.

And then there is Star Jones. Outside of an appearance last year on a celebrity version of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? (which, like The Apprentice, is a Mark Burnett production), Jones has been out of the spotlight since her nine-year run as a co-host on The View ended in 2006. (She did also manage to host a season 2 reunion episode of The Bad Girls Club.) Jones, Jackson, and McGrath will be three of the contestants on the fourth installment of Celebrity Apprentice, which will air in the first quarter of 2011. Expect more names to leak soon once the cast arrives in New York City in the next few days. Who else would you like to see in the Boardroom? And what do you think of these first three contestants? Hit the message boards and let us know.

http://popwatch.ew.c...ity-apprentice/

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Now that I'll watch

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Trump should just fire the whole women's team - they are a bunch of worthless turds. Especially Mahsa with her big mouth that loves to interrupt when other people are talking. That alone is grounds for firing. :furious3:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Spoilers for Celebrity Apprentice that is filming right now in NYC:

Spoiler

Spoiler

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
DING DONG the witch is GONE!!! Mahsa finally let her mouth overrule her butt and got her arse fired! Tossed to the curb, baby! Don't let the elevator door hit you in the butt!! :party_smilie: :party_smilie:

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,256 posts

DING DONG the witch is GONE!!! Mahsa finally let her mouth overrule her butt and got her arse fired! Tossed to the curb, baby! Don't let the elevator door hit you in the butt!! :party_smilie: :party_smilie:

I just happened to catch this show last night and remembered why I stopped watching it.

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
I am really not liking this season...
but I did like that David (I think that is his name)took on the muscial coordination component of the "Broadway" task.
I could immediately hear the musicality in his voice when he was stating how it would be better to have the actors bridge between scenes.
I liked that he stepped up with a solution (this time) vs. complain and plot team failure.

Is this a particularly evil group of Omorossa's or was the other non-celebrity Apprentices just as loaded with people that feel the way to "win" in business is not thru teamwork but ruthless undermining of everyone else?

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
No, I think this bunch is "special", and not in a good way. I'd like to see Mahsa's blonde mouthy sidekick go next (can't remember her name, but it's not Brandy or Poppy). Probably can't remember because when I see or hear her all I think of is b!tch~!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users