Brendon - Week 6 HoH

CeCiMom

The point of the Salem Witch Trials was that the witches weren't really witches....

So she was a "witch" but not really guilty. :animated_scratchchin:

Ah but the Salem witches were not found not guilty and Brendon did not make it clear in his talks about that point you were making so he literally called her a witch :animated_rotfl:

And Ragan picked up on the comedy of his logic in the vote last nite when he said Brendon got it right she is a witch :animated_rotfl:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree with you more, Kyo.

I don't mind so much that he won HOH. However, he's not going to use the power productively to benefit his game. He's so delusional about the guys in the house and I really do think he's a bully because he was picked on so much as a child himself. That's usually what happens when people are picked on as children. If they grow up to be weak, insecure adults, they pick on the weakest any time they have power. But getting back to game play, if he would put two of the Brigade up, he'd have a better chance in the game. Even if Matt comes off with his Diamond POV, he should put up another Brigade member, i.e. one of the guys who's going to eventually come after him.

Enzo and Hayden are playing him like a fiddle and it's sad and hilarious at the same time to watch. However, I have no sympathy for Brendon. I think he might actually be the worst player in BB history. Or possibly the stupidest. I can't think of any other.

At this point, all I can hope for is for Brit (rooting for Brit) or Ragan to win POV and come back next week and win HOH. Maybe it will happen, because BB designs these competitions for the outcomes they want to see. It's not a conspiracy theory. It just makes good business sense. They want as much drama in the house as possible. The only person who could have won that HOH with Brendon in it, is Brendon. He has the most stamina, combined with strength in the house. So, this week will be interesting to say the least.

I dont get why I loves post is quoted in the above post then nothing was said. I am not unhappy that Brandon won but not sure he will know what to do with his power. Sick to death of all of them but Brittney, such a boring season, Iv'e hardly been here,lol

They want as much drama in the house as possible.

As do I :animated_bouncy: otherwise what's the point?

I only watch because I enjoy the drama...... haven't bothered to get the feeds this season and fast forward through most of showtime because I don't find a bunch of grown people sitting around everynight playing "pretend talk show"-- just so they can justify making degrading comments about B & R-- entertaining.

I'm not fans of any of them but it would be nice to see some REAL drama, involving strategy & game play.

For so many people to dislike rachel and her being gone already, she sure does seem to garner a lot of comment still. As for Brendon's ex fiance, there are two sides to every story and it has nothing to do with anything, anyway. Ive not seen the man mistreat anybody and his arguments in the Big Brother house are no worse than Ive seen other guys have in the same house. So he is a Lothario. Thats his problem and any women who fall under his spell. Why would I care? Why do you?

For so many people to dislike rachel and her being gone already, she sure does seem to garner a lot of comment still. As for Brendon's ex fiance, there are two sides to every story and it has nothing to do with anything, anyway. Ive not seen the man mistreat anybody and his arguments in the Big Brother house are no worse than Ive seen other guys have in the same house. So he is a Lothario. Thats his problem and any women who fall under his spell. Why would I care? Why do you?

I dont think it is that anyone like seriously cares who or what Brendon is, he portrays himself as a big ol wuss in the house and then his ex just cofirmed all that we've been speculating on, that is what we do here on these boards. and yes Rachel is going to continue to get comments, she disgusted so many of us it will take some time to forget about her, just like Natale (nasty) from last season

I dont think it is that anyone like seriously cares who or what Brendon is, he portrays himself as a big ol wuss in the house and then his ex just cofirmed all that we've been speculating on, that is what we do here on these boards. and yes Rachel is going to continue to get comments, she disgusted so many of us it will take some time to forget about her, just like Natale (nasty) from last season

Well said!

Kyo, fantastic post, well said, and totally on par with my feelings/thoughts. Thank you for saying it all in a respectful manner too.

Thanks...no reason to get rude. There just isn't.

My personal assessment is that Brendon is not a bad guy. I think he has some issues. Certainly. But I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be. And I find myself rooting for him in spite of things.

P.S. It's hard for me to define what a "real man" is. Sadly I've met so few of them.

Darn right it's ok for everyone to be different. That's what equality is; it isn't hating others for their lifestyle or just merely HAVING to accept your opinion it's actually respecting it. I disagree with you on many things this season but not will I say I am right and you are wrong. So many factor are present.

1. Nobody knows these dorks out of the house.

2. We are (admittedly) emotionally charged

3. In the end it is nothing but opinion.

I don't think he is a bad person either. I think he has alot to learn and needs to mature a bit. Actually...not mature he needs to just man up a bit. He has an emotional side and I love it. I think the biggest issue with some guys (especially myself in the past) is that they don't realize they have a feminine side. Shame

So I think Brendon is a fine individual honestly but he is way too selfless. I think life is a balance and he is intelligent but emotionally he isn't balanced IMO. He is selfless which is good but it's too much. He makes no effort to please himself (from what I have seen of course)

Now I don't wanna get too deep into Brit because this isn't her thread but you want to see me be fair so here I am.

Britney is smarter than people give her credit for I think. Unlike Brendon she is 'reasonably' emotionally stable. I say reasonably because she is pretty quick to cry. Now this may sound like I am not going to get into it but here is where she fails big. She has zero social control over herself. She has her sweet moments when she genuinely is alone and not threatened but the way she talks isn't how you relate to people in real life or to survive the game.

Like I said I don't wanna spill paragraphs about her since this is Brendon's thread.

The summary is I don't like him because he is going after my girl but I have always said on here that I'd like to see him without Rachel. Well...here it is...

-Kyo

I dont really care if Brendon is a nice guy or not thats for him and whomever to deal with. I just want to see some action in the house and he provided it by winning HOH last night. Good job, Bud. Now pay attention to what is going on around you and dont fall for everything you hear.

As do I :animated_bouncy: otherwise what's the point?

I only watch because I enjoy the drama...... haven't bothered to get the feeds this season and fast forward through most of showtime because I don't find a bunch of grown people sitting around everynight playing "pretend talk show"-- just so they can justify making degrading comments about B & R-- entertaining.

I'm not fans of any of them but it would be nice to see some REAL drama, involving strategy & game play.

I totally agree with you. I want the drama.

I didn't get the whole ex fiance interview... If she dumped him and he was as bad as all that.. then why does she feel it necessary to involve herself? If you don't care anymore, and you don't have anything vested, then why bother? Why go on tv and badmouth him? I've actually liked brendon from the beginning.. he's not my favorite.. and I have no idea why he decided rachel was the girl for him, but I understand how some of the things she does bothers him.. The way she behaves the way she can be insensative. So there are things that she does that he might not like.. and he's going to tell her about them.. or try to make her understand how it makes him feel.. I don't see where that's wrong.

There's really only one reason to go on national TV and bad mouth an ex...and it's all about the old "A woman scorned...." saying. I wouldn't be surprised, quite frankly, if he has an entirely different story about the relationship and if HE wasn't the one who dumped HER.

The girl put herself on TV and quite frankly she sounded like a loon just like Brendan. She wasn't that attractive either. Then again, neither is Rachel. He could have done much better than BOTH of them.

I don't think Brendon is a bad guy. To someone out there, he's her prince charming. He's handsome, in touch with his emotions, refuses to let his girl give up on herself (regardless of how people feel about Rachel I thought it was really touching when she was totally melting down and felt like she couldn't fight any more, how he coaxed her into trying again), and he's clearly willing to do anything to protect the person he cares about -- even if that makes him a fool to the rest of the world. He's the kind of guy that they write fairy tales about.

Unfortunately we live in a world in which guys are expected NOT to show their emotions. Are expected to be "a good sport" and not openly show their frustration or anger. Where guys are expected to be articulate, and well spoken. And sadly -- Brendon isn't one of those guys who seems able to do those things very well.

What he was saying about the Salem Witch Trials actually made a lot of sense. His lack of ability to articulate his thoughts well is something people hold against him. But what he was getting at is people who were every day ordinary people and on their own weren't that bad got caught up in the hysteria and mob mentality of the moment and vilified people who were just normal ordinary "innocent" people. Which is something that does parallel in the big brother house pretty well. People tend to gang up on one or two people and make them the bad guy. And no matter what that person says or does they're in the wrong.

---------------

When people end relationships -- and they blame the entire relationship's failure on one person -- there is something wrong there. Given how hard his ex and her family were on him -- and how she made everything out to be all his fault -- I am inclined to believe that she was far from the perfect Angel in that relationship who the big bad awful Brendon tried to destroy. I think she was the wrong fit for Brendon and their relationship ended. She obviously wasn't "blind" for two years and suddenly just "woke up" to realize she was about to marry a monster. They were obviously happy at one point. But people change. And in the end they weren't right for each other.

Normally I think people should leave discussions of other people's pasts out of the BB game as it's not involved but they're the ones who went on national TV to bash him. So they opened themselves up to it.

I still to this day have good things to say about each and every one of my ex's and some of them did some really bad things. The point is -- I'm human and so were they, and I realize that in the end we just weren't the right person for each other. I worry strongly about anyone who has only bad things to say about their ex. They're not holding themselves to account at all for any of the things that went wrong. Granted it's possible that CBS edited out anything positive she said, but I don't think so.

I feel empathy for Brendon. No one should have to have their ex comment on them as people on national tv. It's just messed up.

And wow this is turning into a novel so .. I'm just gonna post this now.

I think this is the most thoughtful, well written post I have ever read on these boards, especially the part about the mob mentality that WE, on the internet, participate in all the time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And attraction is something that is different for everyone. I think both Rachel and his ex are good looking girls in different ways. And if not good looking, certainly not ugly.

Just out of curiosity, how many people here who think Brendon's somewhat threatening stances towards a couple of the girls in the house made him no man in their book supported Evel Dick? He was the king of threatening girls and he treated girls like Jen worse than any man I've ever known.

Oh...but it's OK because no one liked Jen. I forgot about that.

I still think Brenda is a duche, with or without Rachel.

And as for his ex showing up on TV, maybe CBS couldn't get anyone else from his family or friends to say anything about him, or, pobably most likely, CBS (AG) has turned on him and Rachel so badly that they purposely went after her for the interview. I'm sure she "got" something for doing that story. Although it was hiliarious to watch, but after seeing it, I did feel sorry for Brenda because now the whole nation has seen his private life thrown out on the lawn like an old dirty couch. Who knows what CBS did (or perhaps didn't have to do), but I highly doubt that she and her mother seeked out CBS for the purpose of making him look bad. I think CBS invited them to do the interview. It's entertainment. They've obviously figured out that we (live feed viewers) were slamming them so badly that they thought they'd get better ratings by making them both look ridiculous. Go back and look at the shows and how they made them appear as the cute "scientist" couple, and watch each episode as they began to show Rachel's non-teary eyed diary room sessions and hateful behavior towards her fellow housemates, and Brenda's outragious defensive behavior of her actions.

I am glad to see that today he seems to be thinking with his head, and is genuinly getting the perspectives of the other house guests and doesn't seem to be overtly vindictive of Matt, Brittany and Ragan (other than putting them on slop). Though, it seems that he is going to listen to the Brah-Gade and put Brittany and Ragan up for eviction.

Maybe there is still hope for him, and he will play a better, smater game now that Rachel is gone (for now).

Just out of curiosity, how many people here who think Brendon's somewhat threatening stances towards a couple of the girls in the house made him no man in their book supported Evel Dick? He was the king of threatening girls and he treated girls like Jen worse than any man I've ever known.

Oh...but it's OK because no one liked Jen. I forgot about that.

no...never once said it was ok what he did. I remember the pouring water on her head. The cigarette to me looked like an absolute mistake

Now with that said I saw the way he talked to Jen as a bit obsessive. Otherwise I saw nothing wrong. Brendon on the other hand did this little venture and with the rest I am not so pleased with him.

So yeah that's where I am and yes Jen is an absolute pain in the butt but I never said the water incident was right

-Kyo

I think no matter what happens this week, it is a win win for Brendon. I know we all want the Brigade knocked out, but right now it doesn't make any sense for Brendon to nominate Enzo or Hayden. He sees them as his closest friends in the house and for good reason, he stands the best chance at least making it out of next week with being aligned to them. With the diamond POV in play, no Brigade member will leave (IMO).

I think Brendon is doing a fantastic job so far this week, he is being polite and not getting cocky. He knows he has to be ready for next week and trying to be at peace with the house for right now. He is telling the people he semi trusts what his plans are, with what Brendon knows, I think he is doing good. Wish he could figure out the Brigade but oh well. I also like how he is leaving it up for a chance to backdoor Ragan in case someone wins POV.

Archived