Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Marty Piombo

marty_piombo.jpg

Name: Marty Piombo (48)

Tribe: Espada

Current Residence: Mill Valley, Calif.

Personal Claim to Fame: Rescuing an injured climber off Mt. Whitney from 13,000 ft. in the dead of winter.

Inspiration in Life: Lance Armstrong - where do you start? The guy overcame all sorts of odds. His climbs and his epic wins are historic.

Hobbies: Winter alpinism, rock climbing, cooking.

Pet Peeves: Waiting in line and inconsiderate people.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, funny, charismatic.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I'm a mix of Boston Rob and Russell. They are relentless, clever, devious and will do anything to win. I'll play the game in a similar fashion.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: I want to win. To be on the show would be cool (no doubt), BUT to say you won SURVIVOR - that's a whole other ball game. I consider it the ultimate challenge.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I've been in those cutthroat pressure-cooker situations and I've succeeded. I am downright certain I could manipulate people and get them to vote my way. I will play this game HARD!

CBS

He and the other Jimmy wasted too much time hating on Jimmy Johnson, IMO. I'm definitely not a fan.

Guest 6Borders

He's nice to look at for sure, so he's my pick for "oldster eye candy" (since Dade already snagged Tyrone -lol).

He's going to be interesting to watch, and he's one to watch out for!

I've made the Mt. Whitney climb and it was NOT an easy or a fun climb in the summer...this guy has to have some serious physical and mental abilities to not only make that climb in the winter but to rescue a fellow climber off that mountain.

I didn't care for his attitude on the first show either, but there is probably just as much editing on Survivor as any other reality show. He made a daring rescue, he's from California, likes cooking and hates standing in line...he's my pick for Survivor!!!!

he was jealous of Jimmy J. I was so embarrased for him.

I know him. He is very handsome and a nice guy.

Well he sure isn't coming across as a nice guy. He is coming across as insecure and egotistical, IMO. But I guess in the real world he could be a nice guy, right?

I find him a control freak, he could not wait to get Jimmy gone. He now thinks that he has the power....Watch out he will be gone soon!

He thinks mighty highly of himself. LOL (a friend of mine worked with him in the past - she says he is definitely being himself!)

Aw Marty, too bad your little voting block plan falls apart next week. Hope you go home soon (preferably AFTER Naonka)

Well I like his name.... :2thumbsup: He is somewhat entertaining in this boring season.

Well he sure isn't coming across as a nice guy. He is coming across as insecure and egotistical, IMO. But I guess in the real world he could be a nice guy, right?

Yeah. He is working it to win (his way); I guess. I am going to refrain from further comment. Too weird.

his greatest plays must have saved him lololol :animated_rotfl:

Gee :animated_scratchchin:

Do ya' think he'll leave that Idol hangin' on the tree after they get back to camp ???

Glad he is still there. Those young whippersnappers are just so cocky and think they own this season.

I agree the young ones are being cocky, but it would have been a better decision to eliminate him rather than Kelly.

Not sure if this got discussed elsewhere - but I am making a mental note that if I am on Survivor and someone hangs the hidden idol in a tree for display that maybe I should just stand up and grab it (hide it for later).

Any one know what the rules state about ownership of the idol if it is left out in plain view?

Not sure if this got discussed elsewhere - but I am making a mental note that if I am on Survivor and someone hangs the hidden idol in a tree for display that maybe I should just stand up and grab it (hide it for later).

Any one know what the rules state about ownership of the idol if it is left out in plain view?

I wondered about that too. I know they can't swipe it if it's IN someone's personal stuff, but out in the open, seems to me it ought to be fair game.

It annoys me that he thinks Jane flip flopped. Really Marty? She was on the outside looking in when you were all on the older tribe together. In fact, she probably would have been your next target, because clearly you prefer to align with brainless twits like Jill who blindly go along with whatever you say. Now who's on the outside? GO Jane!!

Sign in to follow this