Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Kelly Bruno

kelly_bruno.jpg

Name: Kelly Bruno (26)

Tribe: La Flor

Current Residence: Durham, N.C.

Personal Claim to Fame: Becoming the second and fastest female amputee to finish the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii in 2007.

Inspiration in Life: My father who was recently killed in the earthquake in Haiti. He was there with Food for the Poor to bring hope and aid to people less fortunate. My dad was a doctor, a teacher and a humanist. I most admired him and looked up to him for his willingness to help others. He lived his life to the fullest every single day. His legacy will be carried on by all of the lives he touched during his life.

Hobbies: Triathlons, cooking and traveling.

Pet Peeves: When people chew ice or blow bubbles in an otherwise quiet room.

3 Words to Describe You: Determined, persistent and strong-willed.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Christy Smith because she also faced a physical disadvantage that, in the end, gave her additional strength. I also relate to Helen Glover's no-nonsense-appeal as that is how I approach my own life; with a no-nonsense attitude.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: The challenge and the competition; I also want to honor my father who has been a strong influence in overcoming many of the challenges I've faced as an amputee and in life.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm physically and mentally strong. I've overcome obstacles before when the odds were stacked up against me and I can do it again.

CBS

kelly_bruno.jpg

Name: Kelly Bruno (26)

Tribe: La Flor

Current Residence: Durham, N.C.

Personal Claim to Fame: Becoming the second and fastest female amputee to finish the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii in 2007.

Inspiration in Life: My father who was recently killed in the earthquake in Haiti. He was there with Food for the Poor to bring hope and aid to people less fortunate. My dad was a doctor, a teacher and a humanist. I most admired him and looked up to him for his willingness to help others. He lived his life to the fullest every single day. His legacy will be carried on by all of the lives he touched during his life.

Hobbies: Triathlons, cooking and traveling.

Pet Peeves: When people chew ice or blow bubbles in an otherwise quiet room.

3 Words to Describe You: Determined, persistent and strong-willed.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Christy Smith because she also faced a physical disadvantage that, in the end, gave her additional strength. I also relate to Helen Glover's no-nonsense-appeal as that is how I approach my own life; with a no-nonsense attitude.

Reason for being on SURVIVOR: The challenge and the competition; I also want to honor my father who has been a strong influence in overcoming many of the challenges I've faced as an amputee and in life.

Why you think you will be the sole SURVIVOR: I'm physically and mentally strong. I've overcome obstacles before when the odds were stacked up against me and I can do it again.

CBS

She sounds awesome!

It ticks me off that her tribemates don't want her around because they think she'll get sympathy votes if she makes it to the end. I hope she finds the hidden II and kicks their butts with her prosthetic leg!!

OH, and I hope she does get a chance to race miss fancy pants that was going on about beating her in a foot race. Something tells me she would make that little skank eat her words.

It ticks me off that her tribemates don't want her around because they think she'll get sympathy votes if she makes it to the end. I hope she finds the hidden II and kicks their butts with her prosthetic leg!!

OH, and I hope she does get a chance to race miss fancy pants that was going on about beating her in a foot race. Something tells me she would make that little skank eat her words.

It is a game, if you were in final 2 with her and she made it that far with one leg...Then she deserves to win... She outwit and last with one leg especially in challenges...I see the other tribemates stand point..It is not right, but it is survivor and everyone is trying to compete for a million dollars. I love survivor, it is a cut throat game!

I certainly don't think it is the right time for everyone to start worrying about her sympathy votes, ridiculous, and I hope she kicks some ass, I would not be giving her any sympathy at the end, I would vote for her if she deserved it, and I think it is sort of pathetic to start in with that right now at this point, I would wait a cpl weeks, there are bigger fish to fry. like Miss Smart mouth that wants a foot race with her.

It is a game, if you were in final 2 with her and she made it that far with one leg...Then she deserves to win... She outwit and last with one leg especially in challenges...I see the other tribemates stand point..It is not right, but it is survivor and everyone is trying to compete for a million dollars. I love survivor, it is a cut throat game!

Yeah, duh - I have watched Survivor every season, I know how it's played. The point is (one of them) why start worrying about a sympathy vote this early - I'd be more worried about whether she is a good competitor that can help keep my team strong (which I believe she IS). As for sympathy, why does having a prosthetic leg mean anyone should feel sorry for her? She obviously can do anything that anyone else can do, and do it quite well it sounds like. She is living her life to the fullest, so what's to feel sorry for? And I seriously doubt she would try to use her leg to get votes.

She's meh...

Blah blah blah, look at me, blah blah blah..

Yeah, duh - I have watched Survivor every season, I know how it's played. The point is (one of them) why start worrying about a sympathy vote this early - I'd be more worried about whether she is a good competitor that can help keep my team strong (which I believe she IS). As for sympathy, why does having a prosthetic leg mean anyone should feel sorry for her? She obviously can do anything that anyone else can do, and do it quite well it sounds like. She is living her life to the fullest, so what's to feel sorry for? And I seriously doubt she would try to use her leg to get votes.

I agree! She is brave and truly an inspiration!

I hope she lasts longer than that vile woman that is on this season.

I predict that she will be a great doctor. Whether she will win Survivor or not; I just dunno. I like her okay.

Why would they voted off Kelly B instead of Marty? They missed a golden opportunity to get Marty off since he have an immunity Idol. It doesn't make sense at all. Marty will be smarter to use his idol next time.

Too bad Kelly B is gone. I kinda liked her.

she never saw this one coming.

Seems like they were trying to flush out the Immunity Idol - or get rid of 1 of 2 of the

tribe members.

The Immunity Idol can only be played next week... so they know Marty will play it next week.... unless someone steals it :animated_scratchchin:

They accomplished not having to worry about Kelly winning the 'sympathy vote'.

Poor sportsmanship ... $$$$'s more important I guess.

I just don't get why they think Kelly B would get the "sympathy vote". So she has a prosthetic leg -- so friggin' what? She seems quite capable of doing anything and everything that she wants to do, so what's to pity? And I really didn't see that she was an abrasive person at all - seemed pretty nice and even tempered. Other than "because Naonka said so", I don't see why she was so disliked by some of them.

ANd frankly, they were STUPID for not getting rid of Marty - the whole "plan" was to get rid of him OR flush out the HII. Well, after it went to a tiebreaker, they could have done BOTH, had they voted him out instead of Kelly B. Now they are stuck at camp with a pissed off Marty, who still has the HII. Not so good, boys and girls.

I hated to see Kelly B leave. She didn't deserve those cocky young ones to talk about her like that and treat her like she was using her handicap. grrr

I am glad that Marty is still there because he is there to take on those mean young people. I like Fabio.... he may not be bright but he seems like a nice kid.

I guess from now on anyone with a handicap will think twice about applying to this show since most survivors think anyone challenged would get sympathy votes.

Kelly B could have had two fake legs and she probably would have done more than most on that island.

Sign in to follow this