Kathy - Week 4

CeCiMom

Thanks myss911.

Interesting, she claims to have one child who, by the above math is about 21 years old. Guess he's not smart enough to get a scholarship or make a student loan like most of us do. Somethings not right with her story.

If your cigarette consumption is correct do some more math. A pack of cigs in her area costs about $5 so 1 1/2 packs would be $7.50 and with tax let's say about $8 per day. Times 365 equals $2920 a year times 5 years equals $14,600. That should put a dent in her adult son's education if she does not win AND she will feel much better.

I didn't even think of the cigarette cost! Good point! Even with the stipen that she will get from being on the show and even in the Jury house, she won't make that much... None of this makes sense to me, or quite possibly I could be reading too much into it (wouldn't be the first time).

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is very true about cigarette smoking. Even if she wins the money, but she smokes heavily and develops cancer again how is that supposed to help her son's education? We have all heard about how costly cancer meds are. I mean paying for cancer insurance would wipe out my monthly salary just about so I have no room to pay for it. I think this is exactly what ya'll were saying, but for some reason I'm sooo sleepy today.

Yikes! I haven't had my coffee. Maybe that's why. Uh, duh?! :rolleyes: Gee I feel smart this morning.

hey good point on the cigs cost, I know when I quit smoking (10 yrs ago) I had extra money all of a sudden and that was great, I also found that I had a lot of time on my hands to get up off my butt and do stuff, I think smoking makes for a really lazy person , I would spend like 4 hrs in the mornings smoking cigs and drinking coffee and doing crossword puzzles, I was sooo lazy, I still drink coffee in moderation and still do my crosswords, but I do not do it for hrs on end, Kathy lays around with no energy, does nothing, If she would get off the cigs and breath some oxygen maybe she could get up off her arse and do something, exercise, clean house, hey, play the game,

I do not condone her whole persona, I hate the pity party, and I cannot tolerate hearing about cancer and her sitting there puffing away, it just is sooo obnoxious. And it must be really hard for the ppl out here who have fought cancer to listen and watch her do what she does.

hey good point on the cigs cost, I know when I quit smoking (10 yrs ago) I had extra money all of a sudden and that was great, I also found that I had a lot of time on my hands to get up off my butt and do stuff, I think smoking makes for a really lazy person , I would spend like 4 hrs in the mornings smoking cigs and drinking coffee and doing crossword puzzles, I was sooo lazy, I still drink coffee in moderation and still do my crosswords, but I do not do it for hrs on end, Kathy lays around with no energy, does nothing, If she would get off the cigs and breath some oxygen maybe she could get up off her arse and do something, exercise, clean house, hey, play the game,

I do not condone her whole persona, I hate the pity party, and I cannot tolerate hearing about cancer and her sitting there puffing away, it just is sooo obnoxious. And it must be really hard for the ppl out here who have fought cancer to listen and watch her do what she does.

Thank you!!! It IS hard to watch!

Please let me clarify......when I posted, "first words out of Kathy's mouth to Rachel." It was meant as a prediction in response to Gingersnaps previous prediction. It was not meant as a direct quote of what Kathy said. My mistake that it was taken as such. Sorry and thanks.

If your cigarette consumption is correct do some more math. A pack of cigs in her area costs about $5 so 1 1/2 packs would be $7.50 and with tax let's say about $8 per day. Times 365 equals $2920 a year times 5 years equals $14,600. That should put a dent in her adult son's education if she does not win AND she will feel much better.

I could not agree more. Listening to her talk to B&R in the HOH now makes me want to puke. I do not think they should put people that are sick in the BB house.

Thank you!!! It IS hard to watch!

I had thought about that a lot as several of our group here has said they have been ill with the big C, so then that just dbls my angst with her.

I'm thinking that you have to be really careful about going on a reality tv show and going-on about your misfortune(s) too much and too many times. It can serve to make you look self-serving. For all I know, Kathy might be in the top ten nicest people on the planet but I have to say, BB is an escape for me and not about who needs the money most. I hope she stops whining about it so much. We've heard it, they've heard it and I no longer care.

I'm thinking that you have to be really careful about going on a reality tv show and going-on about your misfortune(s) too much and too many times. It can serve to make you look self-serving. For all I know, Kathy might be in the top ten nicest people on the planet but I have to say, BB is an escape for me and not about who needs the money most. I hope she stops whining about it so much. We've heard it, they've heard it and I no longer care.

I agree Slim. I was thinking about how sorry I felt for Jordan last year because her family basically had no home. But that is so much different than an illness talking someones life and the mother of a child, no matter how old that child may be. Imagine winning this money over Kathy...there would have to be some measure of guilt there even for the most self centered person. These players should not have to be put in that situation.

IMO, I think if Kathy gets out this game will change drastically. First of all, they'll be no more pawn talk because they've run out of pawns if she goes plus much of the reactions of the HG usually happen because of something Kathy says or does.

It's official I don't like Kathy...Playing the Big "C" card over and over and over and over and over and over again is just cringeworthy gameplay.

Here is a quote off Morty's home page in the last couple of hours

1:17PM BBT: Rachelle, Brandon, and Kathy are up in HoH talking. Kathy says she's not a floater and that, "You don't become a cancer survivor by floating through life. I'm not floatin' around, I'm doin' what I can to survive.

It's official I don't like Kathy...Playing the Big "C" card over and over and over and over and over and over again is just cringeworthy gameplay.

Here is a quote off Morty's home page in the last couple of hours

1:17PM BBT: Rachelle, Brandon, and Kathy are up in HoH talking. Kathy says she's not a floater and that, "You don't become a cancer survivor by floating through life. I'm not floatin' around, I'm doin' what I can to survive.

Uuuuuuuuugh. Puleeeeeze, she's not the only person in the world who's endured trials and tribs. It's great she survived and I hope she continues to have a cancer-free life, but it doesn't make her privileged in some way.

My theory is, Life is fair; it breaks everybodies' hearts.

I'm sorry jammer but I disagree. I would not feel guilty for winning a game/money over Kathy. Why should I? Kathy is cancer free, which is a win of a life time no matter how you look at it and for whatever reason, she sits there and smokes like a chimney. I could care less if she smokes but then don't look to me for sympathy and tell me you had cancer and you need the money so your son and mother would be taken care of. The only precautions that you're taking is trying to win money on a game show and your strategy is to make me feel sorry for you while you're literally blowing smoke up my azz.

I smoked for 30 years and quit 7 years ago and it was one of the best things that happened to me. I thought I would never be able to stop smoking but after lots of prayer and determination and possibly devine intervention, I was finally able to quit. I was so addicted that I tried to smoke once while I had pneumonia and a cold certainly wouldn't make me put them down either. Thankfully, I never had a life altering scare while smoking but I admit that quitting was the hardest thing to do and i feel so sorry for people who are struggling with trying to give up smoking who really want to quit. Has kathy ever said that she wanted to quit? I have never read that anywhere. Doesn't look like it to me. She's grown, she knows what it's like to have cancer and continues to smoke so if that makes her feel good then so be it.

There ya go. You know those houseguests are thinking the same thing.

They have to be. I mean why would you be smoking and then saying, "Yeah. I need the money for my health and for my son's education." I mean smoking increases your risk of cancer, Kathy. And we know that cancer costs are not cheap. Even if she won the money it would defeat the purpose if she becomes a cancer victim again. Hopefully she will put the cigarettes down so she won't succomb to that.

What is up with Kathy? Always the third wheel, especially when it comes to showmances. Is she looking for a threesome or something?

More like the flat tire. She's spent most of the time in that house in a horizontal position. Always laying down. If she was on Survivor, they would have cooked her and ate her by now.

I'm sorry jammer but I disagree. I would not feel guilty for winning a game/money over Kathy. Why should I? Kathy is cancer free, which is a win of a life time no matter how you look at it and for whatever reason, she sits there and smokes like a chimney. I could care less if she smokes but then don't look to me for sympathy and tell me you had cancer and you need the money so your son and mother would be taken care of. The only precautions that you're taking is trying to win money on a game show and your strategy is to make me feel sorry for you while you're literally blowing smoke up my azz.

I smoked for 30 years and quit 7 years ago and it was one of the best things that happened to me. I thought I would never be able to stop smoking but after lots of prayer and determination and possibly devine intervention, I was finally able to quit. I was so addicted that I tried to smoke once while I had pneumonia and a cold certainly wouldn't make me put them down either. Thankfully, I never had a life altering scare while smoking but I admit that quitting was the hardest thing to do and i feel so sorry for people who are struggling with trying to give up smoking who really want to quit. Has kathy ever said that she wanted to quit? I have never read that anywhere. Doesn't look like it to me. She's grown, she knows what it's like to have cancer and continues to smoke so if that makes her feel good then so be it.

Congrats for quitting! I KNOW it is hard and for smoking as long as you did, that is a huge accomplishment! Good job!!!

More like the flat tire. She's spent most of the time in that house in a horizontal position. Always laying down. If she was on Survivor, they would have cooked her and ate her by now.

LOL!!! Couldn't have said it any better! That is hilarious!!! :lol2:

Archived