Matt - Week 3 (HoH)

CeCiMom

LOL are you referring to Matt and Ragan or Pizza puss and Brenda? Boys, that girl needs a good face scrub. :animated_rotfl:

Matt and Ragan.

By the way it looks like the bacteria colonized over night. They're going to have to call in the big guns - 99% bleach and 1% alcohol.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt and Ragan.

animated_rotfl.gifanimated_rotfl.gif

I think most of us were hoping he put up R & B so we didn't have to watch that high school kid stuff nonsence anymore. So whatever happens to Matt game wise......well he made the choice, and we the viewers are stuck with it, them, Grrrrrrrrrrr........ :furious:

That's it in a nut shell...

I don't think Matt really cares that we can't stand those sickening shmoopers. He's got a strategy in play and not targeting R & B right now may benefit his game in the long run. I think he's thinking/planning long term. I've come to learn with Matt that what he says to others and what he's actually thinking are 2 different things.

This was NOT a stupid move for HIM. People hate Brendon and Rachel so they want them gone but viewer hatred doesn't matter to Matt. Matt doesn't want Andrew, Rachel or Brendon to come after him next week and they all would something fierce if he got rid of Rachel or Brendon. By trying to get rid of Andrew he gets rid of someone who would put him up AND doesn't make enemies or Rachel or Brendon. They would never put him up if they won next week, they'd go after someone else.

Rachel has already won one HoH. She could very easily win again, especially since half the player suck or are still throwing comps.

By putting up Andrew he angered zero people (Brendon and Rachel are just happy they aren't up) and by putting up Kathy...same thing. On top of that she has about as much chance of winning HoH as me getting pregnant (hint, I'm a guy).

It's all about numbers (and by that I mean how many would put me up if I nominate certain people). This way he has one person coming after him (Kathy or Andrew, ie whoever stays). The other way he has a VERY pissed off Brendon or Rachel AND Andrew, so at LEAST two people who can actually compete.

That's it in a nut shell...

I don't think Matt really cares that we can't stand those sickening shmoopers. He's got a strategy in play and not targeting R & B right now may benefit his game in the long run. I think he's thinking/planning long term. I've come to learn with Matt that what he says to others and what he's actually thinking are 2 different things.

So he's going to leave the two people in there who are definitely going to target his behind if they win HOH? He may have not have had guts, but Rachel actually did or she wouldn't have called that dumba$$ house meeting.

Matt and Ragan.

By the way it looks like the bacteria colonized over night. They're going to have to call in the big guns - 99% bleach and 1% alcohol.

:gunsmilie: , Big guns. Pretty soon they will have to name them. Could be the 14 guest. She's growing another face.

If he put up Brendon and Rachel then people would be criticizing him for defaulting his deal he made with Ragan...so that Ragan would drop in HoH comp. I'm glad he kept his word to Ragan...shows he has some integrity and loyalty.

If B & R stay...they won't come after Matt because he stuck to his word to not put them up as noms. No matter what happens in POV...Matt will get rid of one person that is against him this week...and that's good for his stay in the game.

AMEN brother (or sister?)!

I completely forgot about Ragan. He'd also have Ragan not trusting him anymore and being a potential enemy had Matt put up Rachel and Brendon.

Guys, we need to sometimes think like house guests here and not just about who we dislike the most.

Matt is still dumb. He can't see the forest through the trees. He needed to put either Brenda or Rachel up because he had vowed to even when Rachel called him out in that meeting. Now the house is probably thinking he's a real loose cannon, or something. Either way, they know he doesn't do what he SAYS he's going to do. So he thinks he has everyone's trust, but how can you trust someone who has been proven to be a liar in the game?

Also, Andrew has a pretty good chance of getting the veto in the comp this week. Who is he going to put up to replace him then? He can't put up anyone from the Brigade, and I think the Brigade wants to use Britney. So he'll have to put up Bren or Rachel then.

I completely forgot about Ragan. He'd also have Ragan not trusting him anymore and being a potential enemy had Matt put up Rachel and Brendon.

Guys, we need to sometimes think like house guests here and not just about who we dislike the most.

Then I probably would not be a good gamer. I'd get rid of the most annoying first and anyone else who ticked me off. And, that's why I'm sitting here, and they are sitting there.

Sorry but I don't want to think like them because they are NOT thinking correctly.

I don't see how these people can't figure out something is going on between the guys. The Brigade might as well stop hiding their alliance because these people can't see anything that goes on around them. Enzo and Lane are throwing every comp. That right there should tell you something is up.

Calling us out, eh? Just remember the saying, "Nice girls (guys) finish last." I think CBS always picks a mixture of people - some we will like and some we will love to hate. And guess what? Most of the time the person who wins is someone America would like better than the runner-up anyway. Matt is a weasel. He will eventually be rooted up like a tree and tossed out.

It didn't matter to me that he didn't nom Rachel or Brenden. My point was that there was no need to go after Kathy or Andrew, neither of whom

has any power or strong alliances in the house. It seems like a real WEAK choice to me. And even weaker to see if he can backdoor Brenden.

If Brenden is your target, then man-up and do the noms straight-out.

I honestly don't know why this genius even wanted HOH this week.

It didn't matter to me that he didn't nom Rachel or Brenden. My point was that there was no need to go after Kathy or Andrew, neither of whom

has any power or strong alliances in the house. It seems like a real WEAK choice to me. And even weaker to see if he can backdoor Brenden.

If Brenden is your target, then man-up and do the noms straight-out.

I honestly don't know why this genius even wanted HOH this week.

Yep. I agree. These were weak choices. Particularly Kathy?! I mean WTH? And he is a coward. Rachel would have no problem putting his ass up. Britney would have no problem putting his ass up. Even Banana Brain would have no problem putting him up because his Schnookums would want him to.

I think he wanted to win the HOH because he felt he needed to. The whole house had been called out on his playing both sides. He felt he needed to win because it would be better for them to suck up to him than for him to be worried if one of his Brigade didn't get HOH. And it was up to him, Andrew, and Ragan at the end. He knows Andrew doesn't like him, but he's not sure about Ragan.

They are scared of floaters floating their way to the end of the game. That's what Kathy and Andrew are right now. Brenchal is also using that strategy. I don't know, I think I'd rather take out the stronger players first, and then win my way to the end.

It's all about numbers (and by that I mean how many would put me up if I nominate certain people). This way he has one person coming after him (Kathy or Andrew, ie whoever stays). The other way he has a VERY pissed off Brendon or Rachel AND Andrew, so at LEAST two people who can actually compete.

If Andrew goes this week no matter what he has pissed off Brendon and Rachel. They know if they don't win Brendon is gone. How does that not piss them off? They may tell Matt they understand, but Brendon is a whiny baby, if he saves himself by winning POV or Rachel winning, he will still hold a grudge for even being placed in that position. He has also made people in his alliance wonder why he didn't put them up in the first place. Making your alliance wonder about your intentions is not smart gameplay.

All he has to do is bat his eyelashes at Ragan and explain why Brendon needed to go and Ragan would of been okay with it. :}

Sorry but I don't want to think like them because they are NOT thinking correctly.

We'll agree to disagree, that's fair.

I happen to think if he put up Rachel and Brendon Matt would be going home next week.

Incidentally I have called the winner by around week three or four every season since season 6. My prediction this year is Kristin or Hayden (I always pick 2, I think that's fair). Hayden has completely lost his target, Kristin almost never had one, Hayden (and by default Kristin) have the Brigade to back them up AND they're both friendly and almost everyone likes them.

No way one of them doesn't win this year. They may as well give them the prize now.

...and if one of them doesn't win I'll upload a picture of me trying to eat my hat (since you can't REALLY eat a hat).

These games are pretty easy to figure out because human beings are predictable for the most part. No one wants to get their hands dirty in this game until it's too late. Everyone here hated Annie and I said it was a TERRIBLE mistake to keep Rachel and Brendon in the game but Annie was so hated she just had to go. How'd that work out for your game Britney and Monet?

I'm calling this too. If Brendon gets back-doored and goes home this week, Matt is nominated next week. He may not go home due to votes, but he's going up. I won't eat my hat on that one though, saving it for end of season.

Kristin almost never had one, Hayden (and by default Kristin) have the Brigade to back them up AND they're both friendly and almost everyone likes them.

No way one of them doesn't win this year. They may as well give them the prize now.

one though, saving it for end of season.

I too think Kristen is a serious contender and has not opened up yet .

I don't understand why we have to watch this season after season. Trying to back door someone from the beginning is the stupidest move to make. If you want one or two people to go home, put them up to begin with. He's an idiot. Now he'll have three people after him.

Question, on the feeds Matt is acting like Andrew is solidly with him now and no longer with Rachel and Brendon. How does he know this? I'd think Andrew was still with them. Why does Matt think Kathy is with them more than Andrew? Hasn't the house always believed Andrew was Rachel and Brendon's biggest ally?

I think Andrew knows he was only put up so that Matt could keep Brenchel on his good side & still make the rest of the house happy if anyone but Brenchel won PoV (although I don't think he realizes that Matt is going to throw the PoV so he doesn't have to piss Brendon/Rachel off), by backdooring Brendon. He was telling Kathy that was the plan last night on BBAD, and he seemed very confident. Kathy seemed surprised that that was the plan, she thought she was the real target; Andrew was like "Trust me". So I think he gets it, that he's not the target. I actually think Matt did the best thing he could if his objective is pissing people off the least, because Andrew/Kathy aren't particularly mad since they know he "really wants" Brendon/Rachel to be backdoored; the Brigade aren't pissed off for the same reason, they think he didn't put them up initially so that they wouldn't have a chance to win PoV (see how well that worked out!) & could be backdoored more easily; Brendon/Rachel aren't pissed off because he didn't put them up, even though they know they'll have to be backdoored (in order to appease the house) if someone uses the PoV, and Ragan knows the whole thing & isn't pissed off because he's playing both sides with him as well. I actually think Matt did a good job, he just needs to not make it obvious when throwing the PoV (and maybe shouldn't confide so much in Ragan, because that could possibly come back to bite him later if Ragan decides to play hardball & get more aggressive in his gameplay), & make sure his Brigade members still believe he's looking out only for them. No matter who wins PoV, he's in a pretty good position going into next week.

Edit: With Rachel Brendon winning PoV, now Matt's job is to make sure the Brigade "knows" that he's super disappointed, & that's he's still with them 100%. If they start to have the slightest inkling that he was okay with this outcome from the start, or that he threw the PoV, then there's going to be major problems for Matt (and Ragan, I fear). The Brigade only works if a) the Brigade members branch out and form other, smaller alliances (that's why they've been able to keep it a secret for so long, no one is suspicious that they're together because everyone assumes "Hayden has Kristen, Matt has Ragan, Lane & Enzo has Britney & Monet", etc), and b ) if each member has total trust that no matter what other alliances the members have, their loyalty is completely with eachother in the Brigade. If that trust falls apart, even for one of the four, then everyone is going to start accusing eachother & getting paranoid. It's already slightly happening with everyone wondering how much Hayden has told Kristen. Matt needs to be *really* careful with how he acts now that the Brigade's plans have been screwed up & Rachel's won PoV.

It will be very interesting to see what the "brigade" says in their DR sessions. If they can't see what Matt is doing, then they are a bunch of meatheads.

LOL they are meatheads but they are in a great position and they should be happy. Brendon and Rachel are still targets and if either of them get HOH they will put up Matt and Britney. The Brigade is looking sweet and Matt is playing a good game for them.

Archived