Kathy - Week 3 (Nominee)

CeCiMom

Thank you. I am a firefighter's wife. I think a lot of people would be shocked at what firefighters, policemen and policewomen, and the military make. They are not just cops, firefighters and soldiers when they are at work they are cops,firefighters, and soldiers 24 seven. For all you non-smokers or reformed smokers congratulations. Just because you smoke doesn't make you the scum of the earth sorry. The biggest part of quitting smoking is to want to quit. I have tried several times but I have not really wanted to quit. Kathy smoking is her choice. It may not be a wise choice but it's still a free country so she has that right to make that choice. I get that most people don't like her on this board and that's your choice we all see things differently. I don't think that Kathy is the only floater in this house. To me the only people playing this game are b/r and Matt.

:fireman2: Your welcome, and, glad to meet you. I'm very passionate about my opinions about police officers, firefighters and military types. And, I don't care who knows it. Nor do I care who disgrees with me.

Also, smoking is anyone's choice. It's not illegal, unless you're under age. No laws are being broken, and, smokers pay a hell of a lot of taxes, which go to fund a hell of a lot of projects for everyone (including non-smokers).

God bless America and Freedom!! Salute :flags_unitedstates:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever anyone says about Kathy and her illness, at least it is real.

Unlike Matt-ass and his cockamamie, made up, full of BS, feel sorry for my wife has a rare possible killer disease, and that's the only reason I'm here for the $$$$, for her. He's nothing but a little puke, in his kiddie boy pajamas, with delusions of grandeur

To bad Andrew had second thoughts about Matt-ass story about the disease.

And, I hope Kathy does go, she probably needs the rest and less stress.

Whew, I feel better now. Time for lunch :cheeseburger:

Thank you.....finally, someone with a brain!!!! I agree 100%

Agree. Stress might be making her smoke. Dunno. I do know that the 5-year survival rate for ovarian cancer is not wonderful but apparently Kathy is in the plus column on that - don't know how long her survivor period is at present. 5 years is the norm.

:animated_wave:Ms. Marty

She was diagnosed 11 years ago with a rare form of oviarian cancer, she fought her butt off to stay alive and she won! As far as her smoking, we all have our down falls, I love the way everyone is quick to judge because they are "obviously so perfect". She is playing the game, just like all the others in the house,in her own way. It is just that she has moral values that keep her grounded, unlike some others in the house......Keep playin Kat.....those of us that know what you are made of, Love ya no matter what!!!!

fireman2.gif Your welcome, and, glad to meet you. I'm very passionate about my opinions about police officers, firefighters and military types. And, I don't care who knows it. Nor do I care who disgrees with me.

Also, smoking is anyone's choice. It's not illegal, unless you're under age. No laws are being broken, and, smokers pay a hell of a lot of taxes, which go to fund a hell of a lot of projects for everyone (including non-smokers).

God bless America and Freedom!! Salute flags_unitedstates.gif

I think most people have a problem with the smoking because she is a cancer survivor

:fireman2: Your welcome, and, glad to meet you. I'm very passionate about my opinions about police officers, firefighters and military types. And, I don't care who knows it. Nor do I care who disgrees with me.

Also, smoking is anyone's choice. It's not illegal, unless you're under age. No laws are being broken, and, smokers pay a hell of a lot of taxes, which go to fund a hell of a lot of projects for everyone (includingirs non-smokers).

God bless America and Freedom!! Salute :flags_unitedstates:

Hi it's nice to meet you too. I know that people don't think she should be smoking I just don't think that her smoking has anything to do with the big brother game. I think that when you apply to be on a reality show ( which is why I dont) that you sometimes play the game you are allowed to play. When you are the oldest person in the house you are usually the target and an easy vote to be kicked off. Everyone likes to rag on Kathy for floating but really what option does she have? Is anyone going to want her for any reason other than a vote? No. Is she going to be a strong competitor? No. I think that people think she is a sherriff so she can kick your butt. Most sherriff I know ( my sister-in-law) do not go around kicking peoples butts but they are trained for situations that you are not going to encounter in the big brother house. I think she is playing the game she wanted to play and well see it's only week 3. I am rooting for her because everyone else dislikes her so much cigarettes and all.

Hi it's nice to meet you too. I know that people don't think she should be smoking I just don't think that her smoking has anything to do with the big brother game. I think that when you apply to be on a reality show ( which is why I dont) that you sometimes play the game you are allowed to play. When you are the oldest person in the house you are usually the target and an easy vote to be kicked off. Everyone likes to rag on Kathy for floating but really what option does she have? Is anyone going to want her for any reason other than a vote? No. Is she going to be a strong competitor? No. I think that people think she is a sherriff so she can kick your butt. Most sherriff I know ( my sister-in-law) do not go around kicking peoples butts but they are trained for situations that you are not going to encounter in the big brother house. I think she is playing the game she wanted to play and well see it's only week 3. I am rooting for her because everyone else dislikes her so much cigarettes and all.

Very well said Janis.....you are so right! Glad to finally have some people here that see her like I do....Thanks!

For all you non-smokers or reformed smokers congratulations. Just because you smoke doesn't make you the scum of the earth sorry. The biggest part of quitting smoking is to want to quit. I have tried several times but I have not really wanted to quit. Kathy smoking is her choice. It may not be a wise choice but it's still a free country so she has that right to make that choice.

Tryin real hard to get this point accross, noone has downed Kathy for anything but her lazy game play, I said it annoys me that she smokes as she has been ill and it makes no sense to me, yes I am a reformed snoker, I smoked for over 40 yrs, and I quit because I felt crappy, I quit for me, but I do have my opinions just like you. and where or where has someone bashed Kathy for her profession or I might add bashed firefighters or police officers, I haven't read any of that sort of thing nor have I said anything against either profession, yet when I am coming to this thread I am reading about firefighters and policeman like someone has put them down, have I missed something here, I also did not hear Kathy being called the scum of the earth for being a smoker. And while her smoking has nothing to do with the game of BB it has to do with how I see certain aspects of her personality, in my humble opinion , and that is all it is , an opinion. Noone said it was not ones own free will and choice, all most of us said is we dont like to see it in someone who has been very ill.

Tryin real hard to get this point accross, noone has downed Kathy for anything but her lazy game play, I said it annoys me that she smokes as she has been ill and it makes no sense to me, yes I am a reformed snoker, I smoked for over 40 yrs, and I quit because I felt crappy, I quit for me, but I do have my opinions just like you. and where or where has someone bashed Kathy for her profession or I might add bashed firefighters or police officers, I haven't read any of that sort of thing nor have I said anything against either profession, yet when I am coming to this thread I am reading about firefighters and policeman like someone has put them down, have I missed something here, I also did not hear Kathy being called the scum of the earth for being a smoker. And while her smoking has nothing to do with the game of BB it has to do with how I see certain aspects of her personality, in my humble opinion , and that is all it is , an opinion. Noone said it was not ones own free will and choice, all most of us said is we dont like to see it in someone who has been very ill.

The scum of the earth was my comment had nothing to do with Kathy. So just like you I amentitled to my opinion. I never accused anyone of bashing cops or firefighters but I read that she is a sherriff and makes good money so she would be better off going back to her job. I simply was making a statement that being a firefighters wife I know how much money they make and it's not 500,000 dollars. So while you are entitled to your opinion I am entitled to mine and I don't think she is playing a bad game or a lazy game. It's my Opinion.

Read page 5 post #106. It was not a bash, or put down post, but the subject of her profession and pay came up. Therefore others posted about it, including myself. I believe I was the first to post about it in my comments.

No one called Kat the scum of the earth. But, and I'm assuming, posters might have thought it was implied because there is so much bashing Kat for smoking, and smoking in general.

I will quote myself "I have absolutely nothing to say about her smoking. That's her decision, right or wrong."

Jeez, calm down.

In my very own humble opinion, Kathy (and especially ANYONE touched by cancer in any form - leaving them high risk) needs to lose the cigs.

And, I do not care how many cigarettes people choose to smoke - that is their privilege (in certain areas) as long as they don't light one up close enough to make me smoke it with them because I consider it one helluva nasty habit and want nothing to do with nicotine especially somebody else's.

I am done with this except to say that if I don't think that Kathy has played a very effective game; that is alright, too.

Kathy told someone in the house that she was on chemo IV right before she came in the house. That is why she was so weak and why she bruised so easily. Now don't you think it would be better for her health to not risk your life by playing Big Brother that is bound to give you stress and smoking is not very smart of her. I lost my Mother to cancer 28 years ago and it is not pretty.

I don't know for sure what the facts are with her cancer but I can only go by what she has told people.

I don't think fame on a reality program is worth your health. I would think her family would not want her to risk her health either.

And yes I do sort of judge her for smoking. I started at age 12 and was a 2 pack a day smoker for many years. Quitting was the hardest thing I ever did. That was 25 years ago. Hardest thing I ever did in my life but I did it for my health and my family. I hope Kathy does the same.

Kathy told someone in the house that she was ion chemo IV right before she came in the house. That is why she was so weak and why she bruised so easily. Now don't you think it would be better for her health to not risk your life by playing Big Brother that is bound to give you stress and smoking is not very smart of her. I lost my Mother to cancer 28 years ago and it is not pretty.

I don't know for sure what the facts are with her cancer but I can only go by what she has told people.

I don't think fame on a reality program is worth your health. I would think her family would not want her to risk her health either.

And yes I do sort of judge her for smoking. I started at age 12 and was a 2 pack a day smoker for many years. Quitting was the hardest thing I ever did. That was 25 years ago. Hardest thing I ever did in my life but I did it for my health and my family. I hope Kathy does the same.

I say this with the greatest respect I am glad that you were able to stop. It was as you said the hardest thing you have ever done. I know I've tried several times and still have not been able to do it. I know that smoking is not good for you and I really wish I had never re-started. As far as kathy's health is concerned I didn't hear her say a chemotherapy iv. I thought she had said an iv because she was sick 2 hours before the food comp. I really don't think they would have cast her if she was that unhealthy. I get that no one likes her game play and I get that people think she is floating and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't have to agree.

Thank you. I am a firefighter's wife. I think a lot of people would be shocked at what firefighters, policemen and policewomen, and the military make. They are not just cops, firefighters and soldiers when they are at work they are cops,firefighters, and soldiers 24 seven. For all you non-smokers or reformed smokers congratulations. Just because you smoke doesn't make you the scum of the earth sorry. The biggest part of quitting smoking is to want to quit. I have tried several times but I have not really wanted to quit. Kathy smoking is her choice. It may not be a wise choice but it's still a free country so she has that right to make that choice. I get that most people don't like her on this board and that's your choice we all see things differently. I don't think that Kathy is the only floater in this house. To me the only people playing this game are b/r and Matt.

I don't have any Police or Firemen in the family but my son in law is military. Salaries for these jobs is a sore subject to me. These people risk their lives every day for us but the big money goes to the entertainment industry. I mean 10 million to make one movie give me a break then you have children lose a parent over a $50.000 to $100.000 a year job. It so screwed up how things work out it makes no sense to me.

Smoking is a choice it's hard to believe 20 plus years ago it was ok to smoke most people you knew smoked. Now you're looked at like some scum or God awful person. You're almost embarrassed to light one in public.

Kathy wouldn't be so bad if she didn't come off so weak and talk like it's an act.(like dropping from the hoh contest) She also first was with Britney and Monet then Rachel and Brendon now Kristen and Hayden. I feel bad for her but I don't know if she should be there or not if she has health issues and they are causing her problems in the game.

I don't have any Police or Firemen in the family but my son in law is military. Salaries for these jobs is a sore subject to me. These people risk their lives every day for us but the big money goes to the entertainment industry. I mean 10 million to make one movie give me a break then you have children lose a parent over a $50.000 to $100.000 a year job. It so screwed up how things work out it makes no sense to me.

Smoking is a choice it's hard to believe 20 plus years ago it was ok to smoke most people you knew smoked. Now you're looked at like some scum or God awful person. You're almost embarrassed to light one in public.

Kathy wouldn't be so bad if she didn't come off so weak and talk like it's an act.(like dropping from the hoh contest) She also first was with Britney and Monet then Rachel and Brendon now Kristen and Hayden. I feel bad for her but I don't know if she should be there or not if she has health issues and they are causing her problems in the game.

I wasn't a big Kathy fan at first but I always like to root for the underdog. I hope if she stays that she picks up her game. I would love it if she won hoh this week and beat enzo in the process. I know probably not happening. Tell your son in law thank you for his service I have a niece and nephew in the air force both have been to Iraq and made it safely back. They all deserve all the thanks and respect for keeping us safe and defending our right to disagree even if we disagree about a reality tv show cast.

Just a little info.....She is perfectly healthy. She has been cancer free for 9/10 years and the IV that she was on was due to dehydration, not chemo. If everyone would use their heads they would know that CBS would not have chosen her if she was still on chemo...please! As far as who she has been aligned with, I do believe we call that game play....she is with whomever she needs to be at the time. Yea, it may come back and bit her in the butt...but they are ALL backstabbing each other, why should she be any different.~ I do have a family full of law enforcement and a son that is a firefighter...they do not get paid what they are worth, but, that is beside the fact of why she is on the show. She is on the show because she made a promise to her grandmother, which she loved dearly, that she would apply for the show as soon as she was better. 5 seasons later, she finally made it! Because Kat is a genuine person with a very big heart, she would love nothing more than to win and be able to take care of her son and mom, who is nearing retirement.....they all have an agenda for what they would do with the money...she just openly shared hers. She is far from lazy, all of the HG have done NOTHING. She certainly has not been alone. She is not weak, it is all in the way she has "chosen" to play "her" game. Each to their own...

Just a little info.....She is perfectly healthy. She has been cancer free for 9/10 years and the IV that she was on was due to dehydration, not chemo. If everyone would use their heads they would know that CBS would not have chosen her if she was still on chemo...please! As far as who she has been aligned with, I do believe we call that game play....she is with whomever she needs to be at the time. Yea, it may come back and bit her in the butt...but they are ALL backstabbing each other, why should she be any different.~ I do have a family full of law enforcement and a son that is a firefighter...they do not get paid what they are worth, but, that is beside the fact of why she is on the show. She is on the show because she made a promise to her grandmother, which she loved dearly, that she would apply for the show as soon as she was better. 5 seasons later, she finally made it! Because Kat is a genuine person with a very big heart, she would love nothing more than to win and be able to take care of her son and mom, who is nearing retirement.....they all have an agenda for what they would do with the money...she just openly shared hers. She is far from lazy, all of the HG have done NOTHING. She certainly has not been alone. She is not weak, it is all in the way she has "chosen" to play "her" game. Each to their own...

Yea!!!! You go I agree she did not have a lot of options wIth this group.

Read page 5 post #106. It was not a bash, or put down post, but the subject of her profession and pay came up. Therefore others posted about it, including myself. I believe I was the first to post about it in my comments.

No one called Kat the scum of the earth. But, and I'm assuming, posters might have thought it was implied because there is so much bashing Kat for smoking, and smoking in general.

I will quote myself "I have absolutely nothing to say about her smoking. That's her decision, right or wrong."

Jeez, calm down.

Listen, there is no need to tell me to calm down, I heard your opinion and I still get the distinct picture as I was reading these posts that somewhere someone had said something negitive about firefighters, and the comment that Janis made or says she made was "Just because you smoke does not make you the scum of the earth" well we were talkin about Kathy in the Kathy thread so I really took that to mean that the words were put in my mouth that because kathy smokes we all (or me) have this horrible opinion of her, I think everyone is far to defensive about the whole issue, I find her offensive on several levels, one of which is her non stop smoking. I also happen to think she is lazy as all get out, doesnt play a good BB game, and she prolly is a great gal outside the BB house, but I think so far she is pretty worthless in this game, hey if she turns it around and does something spectactular then I will be here sayin great, otherwise what said or think still stands.

Listen, there is no need to tell me to calm down, I heard your opinion and I still get the distinct picture as I was reading these posts that somewhere someone had said something negitive about firefighters, and the comment that Janis made or says she made was "Just because you smoke does not make you the scum of the earth" well we were talkin about Kathy in the Kathy thread so I really took that to mean that the words were put in my mouth that because kathy smokes we all (or me) have this horrible opinion of her, I think everyone is far to defensive about the whole issue, I find her offensive on several levels, one of which is her non stop smoking. I also happen to think she is lazy as all get out, doesnt play a good BB game, and she prolly is a great gal outside the BB house, but I think so far she is pretty worthless in this game, hey if she turns it around and does something spectactular then I will be here sayin great, otherwise what said or think still stands.

I made the comment that just because you smoke does not make you the scum of the earth. I made the comment because of all the bashing about her smoking. I was not trying to imply anyone said it. Sorry if it upset you. We are all entitled to like or dislike these hgs and it would be as boring as these hgs if we all agreeded.

and I really am not taking offense to your comment, it just seemed as tho because I have a different opinion that I was getting kinda railed on. we all have different thoughts and no one thought is any righter then the next thought or opinion. Her smoking is secondary to what I think of her as a BB game player, just my own obsevation. I dont care for most of this BB cast so far, but there is a lot of time for things to heat up and for them to start doing something. See, we are as individuals allowed to bash the houseguests, just not each other

Wow, what a lot of discussion. A few comments:

Yes, police and fire persons don't get paid nearly enough, but that has nothing to do with my opinion of Kathy. She seems woefully out of shape, and not very physically fit. Maybe that's because she has had cancer, I don't know. Or maybe where she works they don't have stringent physical requirements.

Second, I still think she is a dumbass for smoking after surviving cancer. Let's face it, once you've had it, there is a great chance for reoccurence, and she is just daring the devil to come get her, IMO! And yes, I know cops have a high rate of smoking, but that doesn't make it a good thing! (yep, I am a reformed smoker, and yes, we are the most critical of smokers, but damnit, I earned that right, cause I quit over 20 years ago).

As for the pity card she seems to want to play, gimme a break. Play the damn game and quit trying to get everyone's sympathy to give you the 1/2 million. Is that all you got?

Underpaid cop, cancer suvivor, playing sympathy card, or whatever doesn't change the fact that she's a worthless BB player in my eyes...I wish it was her getting evicted to get her off my computer screen.

Kathy is a waste of space in the BB house. She can't do comps, she floats like she's on a space station, but because she's got a sad story everyone in the house gives her a pass. We need more EDs in the house that can see through all that crap.

Archived