Kathy - Week 3 (Nominee)

CeCiMom

Hey, Trix. I agree with you 100% on the Kathy thing. She is not a good competitor. Who's your favorite so far? :animated_wave:

Im personally a fan of the brigade...that would be the members Lane, Hayden and Enzo that is...I have the live feed and those three are absolutely hilarious.

I think hayden is playing the game the smartest so far. He has Kristin who can shmooze the other alliance that is not rachel and brendan...Im speaking of Ragan, Britney and kathy or andrew for now. I think Hayden is sitting good...no enemies and basically controls two alliances. Im a dude by the way, so no lady crush...he is just playing the game so far the way I would hope to play it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how the whole house conveniently forgot how she spent all last week upstairs in the HOH scheming with Rachel, but they all know Andrew is faking his hate with Rachel. It's obvious Kathy will go to whoever has power and spill everything she knows. If Rachel or Brendan gets HOH this week, watch how fast she sells out Kristen.

I'd rather Andrew goes. With Kathy, if she's on your side you know she'd just drive off the cliff with you like Thelma and Loise. Andrew would be like "Go ahead Thelma. I'm gonna catch a cab. I'll be right behind you. Promise!"

LOL

So true. BUT if she is going to play the cancer card to get everyone's sympathy, she'd get a lot more, I'm thinking, if she would put down the cancer sticks. Just sayin'....

Absolutely.

I am sooo totally bored with this season, but Kathy annoys the h out of me, I hate the way she talks about her illness, and then why she needs to be there, BUT, then what I hate most is for someone to have been so sick and could possibly have gotten where she is better, she smokes like a smokestack. Its. BS, good grief if you had a life threatening illness, wouldn't you want to do everything in your power to get better?, and that would not include puffing on cigs. I try not to be a self-righteous non smoker (cause I smoked for many yrs)but I think it is the most ignorant thing for her to do and it really annoys me.

To sit there with a cigarette in her mouth and cry about how sick she is and play that card...sorry, but I have no sympathy for her. She's playing up the illness for game purpose and sympathy...the "I need to be here" line is total cr@p! I think she's lying and it's much more reprehensible than Matt's lie. She's got to go!

I know it very difficult to quit...but when/if you're sick and your life is dependent upon it, you quit...you don't go on a reality show.

edit...if she tells us in the DR that she's lying and just playing the sick card for sympathy votes and strategy...I'll excuse her, I guess.

Listen, if I had had any knd of cancer and I was a smoker at that time, I woulda put em down right then and there, it is just pure D laziness on her part, because you can quit, I know cause I did it, and I smoked for over 40 some yrs, it wasn't easy, but Ill tell ya what if I had an illness staring me in the face it woulda been a breeze, cigs? cancer?, well I would chosen to give up the cigs for a better chance of it not metastisizing. It takes some doing to quit, you gotta get up off your lazy butt, figure out what your triggers are, and get workin on changing that behavior, the hell with patches, and all those costly stop smokin aids, the best weapon you have is your brain, sorry for goin on and on, I know there are ppl out there that smoke, my kids smoke, all of em, and it bothers me, I cant make em stop but I wish they would. Most of my co-workers smoke, I get it, I had that monkey on my back, but when I see Kathy layin around on her butt, lazy as the day is long, puffng away and has had cancer, it makes me really not like her in this game, its bs, nuff said

I agree with fatcat. Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did but if you want to live a long life you do it. Having cancer and smoking is just plain dumb. Has she explained whey she HAS to be there as she keeps telling everyone? I know that the Sheriff's get paid LOTS of money and they have great health care plans and pensions. I wonder if she is on leave without pay and I think she would make more money on the job. Something is fishy.... :nemo:

I agree, and I would like to know her reasoning on why she HAS to be there,if she runs out of cigs maybe that would be a great way for her to quit. I am not sure if I have seen other smokers there, I guess her smoking sticks out to me more because she has battled an illness. Hopefully the story of why she HAS to be there will unfold soon.

She always says that she has to be there but then she says but I can't talk about it.

I then read that she told someone that she has to stay so that her mother and her son can be taken care of. I guess she assumes she will win the 1/2 mil.

I agree, and I would like to know her reasoning on why she HAS to be there,if she runs out of cigs maybe that would be a great way for her to quit. I am not sure if I have seen other smokers there, I guess her smoking sticks out to me more because she has battled an illness. Hopefully the story of why she HAS to be there will unfold soon.

I faintly remember her saying that while she was going through chemo she made a promise to her mom/grandmother that she would apply for the show if she made it through the cancer and treatment.

I love how the whole house conveniently forgot how she spent all last week upstairs in the HOH scheming with Rachel, but they all know Andrew is faking his hate with Rachel. It's obvious Kathy will go to whoever has power and spill everything she knows. If Rachel or Brendan gets HOH this week, watch how fast she sells out Kristen.

I don't think they thought she was scheming or talking game and if she were, it was to save herself. Not throw anyone under the bus. If they did, they'd know she voted for Monet because Rachel told her to do it.

I am sooo totally bored with this season, but Kathy annoys the h out of me, I hate the way she talks about her illness, and then why she needs to be there, BUT, then what I hate most is for someone to have been so sick and could possibly have gotten where she is better, she smokes like a smokestack. Its. BS, good grief if you had a life threatening illness, wouldn't you want to do everything in your power to get better?, and that would not include puffing on cigs. I try not to be a self-righteous non smoker (cause I smoked for many yrs)but I think it is the most ignorant thing for her to do and it really annoys me.

Totally agree. It's stupid.

I lived in the south for a couple years and found it interesting that it is much more acceptable to smoke, women included. Still able to smoke in most restaurants, etc. I don't condone her smoking but it is a habit just like any others. Caffine has been proven to be bad for our bodies but how many of us drink coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, etc. I would be hard pressed to remove caffine from my daily life.

I feel people should lighten up on Kathy as she is trying to play with more dignity and respect than any other person there. Voting against Matt was risky but she did it for all the right reasons. Yes that makes her a boring houseguest but I like her. R/B disowned her yet she is still thought of as in an alliance with them. I think she has handled that with grace this past week.

For those reasons I feel people do not give her enough credit and she has stated she has been a week player on purpose. I may be wrong but I hope she gets to prove what she is truly capable of.

I don't think it is any easier to smoke in public in some parts of the south than anywhere else, except for California which spearheaded the thing - bless 'em - I am not talking about the tobacco states but they are moving along with the smoking bans, as well. Kathy seems like an okay person to me but I'm not anymore about a pity vote for her than I am for Matt and his pity-lie. And.....Kathy needs to get with the game play for me to support her in that, as well. She's done nada, thus far, and it's not just Kathy wearing the Floater Sash. Too many floaters = boring.

Not meaning to be hateful here but there are a lot of needy people in this world and I'm not all that sure that using a 24/7 reality show as your venue to raise money is all that good an idea. It could lead to a world of misunderstanding, IMO.

I don't think it is any easier to smoke in public in some parts of the south than anywhere else, except for California which spearheaded the thing - bless 'em - I am not talking about the tobacco states but they are moving along with the smoking bans, as well. Kathy seems like an okay person to me but I'm not anymore about a pity vote for her than I am for Matt and his pity-lie. And.....Kathy needs to get with the game play for me to support her in that, as well. She's done nada, thus far, and it's not just Kathy wearing the Floater Sash. Too many floaters = boring.

Not meaning to be hateful here but there are a lot of needy people in this world and I'm not all that sure that using a 24/7 reality show as your venue to raise money is all that good an idea. It could lead to a world of misunderstanding, IMO.

Amen slim, hey my city just went to no smoking in restaurants and such a year or so ago and I feel finally I can go out and enjoy stuff again, music, dinner. Smoke now makes me really ill, I mean sick if I get around it for too long, so I am thrilled that I dont have to be subjected to it in public. As for Kathy , she needs to get with it, she is such a floater they need a new word for floater and I do not consider floating a great game strategy, this whole season so far is boorriinngg because noone will make any sort of moves. Kathy has been really bad thus far, and while I am happy that she is beating her ovarian cancer, here is hoping she wont get lung cancer, cause she sure is increasing her percentages for that. I am not so sure that having been fresh off an IV and being sooo close to not being in full recovery I would have ventured onto the BB game, ya know stress has proven to be very much linked to illness.

Just a few comments;

Kathy busted her butt in the first comp trying to hang onto those whatever things. She was a mass of black and blue bruises.

BB, knowing her background, didn't have to hire her for the show just because she applied.

Yes, police generally make a good salary and have decent benefits, but, they also risk their lives everyday, to protect you and me. I know, I'm a police widow. They should be paid even more. Fire Fighters and Military types too.

I have absolutely nothing to say about her smoking. That's her decision, right or wrong.

Just sayin'.....

It is her decision , and I have a right to be offended by it and I am, when she is trying to beat an illness, I also think if her effort in that molassas game was called tryin, that was a wwaayy short of any effort maybe she was even capabale of giving considering how fresh she was off her IV, also I never downed her as a police women and have the utmost respect for anyone who is in that profession. But I am also entitled to my opinion of her smoking when having been so seriously ill.

I think that deputy sheriff's have civil service protection in California, as well. Not so in Arkansas. Sheriffs are elected in Arkansas and can clean-house, if they so wish, when they take office.

I'm with Fatcat on the opinion thing. They are on a reality tv show and are going to get plenty of opinions on what they do, say, how they act and their personal habits.

Personally, I think that Kathy needs to lose the cigs. Especially if she has had a close call with a deadly form of cancer. She was unlucky to contract the disease, lucky to beat it. She might want to take no risks.

Yes I know quite a few County Sheriffs here in California. I have a lot of respect for them. They do make a lot of money and make over 100,000 a year with overtime. Good point about it probably makes a big difference where you live. I still think that Kathy would be better off staying with her job and staying under close Dr. care to make sure she is in good health. She must have a damaged immune system. Smoking is really a bad thing for her health.

I think she is probably a really nice sweet person but I don't like the constant pity card as game play.

point taken and ditto, just my thoughts

I also agree with Marty,I think her immune system is prolly very weak, and I would want anyone in this condition to think about it before damaging it further.

Just a few comments;

Kathy busted her butt in the first comp trying to hang onto those whatever things. She was a mass of black and blue bruises.

BB, knowing her background, didn't have to hire her for the show just because she applied.

Yes, police generally make a good salary and have decent benefits, but, they also risk their lives everyday, to protect you and me. I know, I'm a police widow. They should be paid even more. Fire Fighters and Military types too.

I have absolutely nothing to say about her smoking. That's her decision, right or wrong.

Just sayin'.....

Thank you. I am a firefighter's wife. I think a lot of people would be shocked at what firefighters, policemen and policewomen, and the military make. They are not just cops, firefighters and soldiers when they are at work they are cops,firefighters, and soldiers 24 seven. For all you non-smokers or reformed smokers congratulations. Just because you smoke doesn't make you the scum of the earth sorry. The biggest part of quitting smoking is to want to quit. I have tried several times but I have not really wanted to quit. Kathy smoking is her choice. It may not be a wise choice but it's still a free country so she has that right to make that choice. I get that most people don't like her on this board and that's your choice we all see things differently. I don't think that Kathy is the only floater in this house. To me the only people playing this game are b/r and Matt.

I hope Kathy leaves. She is so boring. I watch Big Brother After Dark on Showtime every night and all she does is lay around. I mean come on, isn't she a sheriff? WAKE UP KATHY, you look pathetic!! :sleep1: I think Kathy could have won the surf board challenge if the house guests could lay down on them. Kathy would be sure to win!

Archived