Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Celebrity Apprentice - Season 4

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I hate that she didnt fight for herself.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,642 posts
A lot of these wimpy ladies should have just 'CALLED IT IN' :disgust:

Star will mow 'em all down if this keeps up.
Might as well let her do the rest of the challenges herself.

TiaDonut

TiaDonut

• Pip
  • 154 posts
I'm really hoping Marlee puts those mean ladies (Star & Dionne) in their place when she is project manager. She's the only female at this point worth cheering for. All the talk is that Nene and Star get into it at some point. That should make for some good TV. It really is a shame how the women's team seems so ready to pounce on each other while the men's team seems to pull together regardless of the manager.

On the men's side I'm hoping John Rich takes it. I'm sure whatever the task is he'll wipe the floor with what's left of the women's team.

By the way, the company with which I am partnered is being featured this Sunday on Celebrity Apprentice!!!! I wish I knew what the task was going to be but I don't. :( When you guys watch, I'd love to hear what you think about the company. If you like the services, please let me know. :) And if you want to know more about the company after the show airs, I'd be happy to answer questions or send more info!!

It's kinda neat to be this close to reality TV for a junkie like me. lol

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,134 posts
Jose Conseco asked the ACN executives if their video phone is limited to this planet. I think he's spending too much time with Gary Busey. The look on everyone's face at that moment was priceless.

I'm so happy Dionne is gone. She was a waste of space.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,799 posts
I get what Canseco was after, but he sure could have asked it better.
I mean, the commercial was supposed to convey an emotional connection, so I think he was thinking maybe like an "E.T. actually phones home" kind of thing.
Who's to say that it would have been more of a risk than the fiance twist they ended up going with.

When I heard Dionne saying that she had asked Nene if it was OK if she went back to the hotel, I thought I remembered Nene saying that it was, but I re-watched it later, and she did nothing of the sort. (It was more of a "Oh, you're going home? Goodnight, then." - with a hug.)

From what I saw, the women's commercial needed better editing.
And possibly, having the commercial's daughter signing something back to her mom, with sub-titles for us non-ASL-speakers.
If the editing hadn't produced such short cuts, it might have flowed more smoothly.
But what do I know?

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space." - Captain Kirk in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,210 posts
I agree that editing for the women was lame. They should have gone with the original idea and tailored the requirements somehow. Dionne (her voice) would have/should have been the centerpiece. I am not absolutely sad that she is gone but wish that she had been given that particular opportunity. IMO, icons should be careful about aligning themselves with careless productions. Nene was crying because once she saw the men's offering, she knew they were going to lose. As they should have.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,799 posts
When I was watching the show, I thought the reason Nene was crying was because the men were so supportive of each other and seemed so united, while the team she was in charge of seemed very disjointed by comparison, especially when she was trying to assign the tasks.

-----------

Not to knock John Rich at all here, because he has already proved his competence in my eyes on the previous tasks, and I think he's a contender to go all the way, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't make top 3 or 4 at least... but what were his duties on this specific task? I can't remember seeing him do much of anything, besides his private testimonials stating that he thought choosing the fiance twist as their concept would turn out to be a mistake. (And I personally agree with that assessment. I think that the men got lucky that their commercial turned out so well, and that the women's was a little sub-par, and especially that they got to go after the women, which probably tipped the scales (53% to 47%, right?), helped very much by Lil Jon's very lively presentation style.)

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts
When I heard Dionne saying that she had asked Nene if it was OK if she went back to the hotel, I thought I remembered Nene saying that it was, but I re-watched it later, and she did nothing of the sort. (It was more of a "Oh, you're going home? Goodnight, then." - with a hug.)

I also rewatched it to see what really happened and yes, Nene just said something like you said she said. However, in the car on their way to edit the commercial Dionne said that she wanted to go home but if she was needed she would stay. I don't remember a response to that but I think the editing of the Apprentice (not the commercial) either cut out the reply or cut out some of the conversation when Dionne said she was leaving. When I rewatched it, it looked like it went from one scene to the next with no continuity.

Am I glad Dionne left? Yes. I thought she was a diva on the show and added very little to any of the tasks and was just not very nice most of the time to her teammates. I live among a lot of folks 70 and older and they don't act like they should be catered to because they are older. Dionne did.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,210 posts
I don't think that it mattered whether Dionne went home, stayed, slept through it all, asked for permission or didn't. Nene was over Dionne and Dionne was your basic overbearing, out of sync, out of place, off-planet, (gum-chewing) diva no more offering nothing to the production except a gnarly reaction to everybody but her buddy Star Jones. She didn't do anything so she can't be missed. Nene needs to lose the tears; no matter the cause. She's a big girl (literally) in a big world and needs to act like it. She went for Dionne to save herself and I don't blame her and it worked.

Star can roll with it. Star is your friend in that, "bless your heart your hair looks so much better today," kind of way.

The more I watch this show the more I realize what a created shtunk it really is. Trump is like a worrisome dog with a bone once he smells a reason for what he really wants.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
HOLY Fundraising craziness! They seriously made some big bucks and I love that the Donald gave them a way to agree that both teams get to keep the money for their charities. As for the firing -- DING DONG, Hatch is GONE!!!!! :party_smilie:

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,134 posts
I actually thought it was unfair that Hatch got fired. It should not be about big money you can bring in. The entire men's team thought Gary should be fired. Trump disregarded that AND asked the women's team who should be fired? They're the competition. Why should they get a say? And Hatch never had a chance to defend himself. I didn't like how last nights firing went down.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

I actually thought it was unfair that Hatch got fired. It should not be about big money you can bring in. The entire men's team thought Gary should be fired. Trump disregarded that AND asked the women's team who should be fired? They're the competition. Why should they get a say? And Hatch never had a chance to defend himself. I didn't like how last nights firing went down.

I didn't say I thought it was fair, but I am glad he is out. It was quite obvious that Trump didn't want to fire Gary no matter what the rest of the men said. And asking Marlee (who already said she is a friend of Gary's) really shouldn't have carried any weight. I think someone said it earlier in the season, Trump already has preconceived notions of who he wants to keep around no matter how badly they might do.
I would challenge Trump to actually have Gary working with him for just ONE day - he'd fire his butt so fast it would make your head spin. The guy might be brilliant but he is dysfunctional on his best day.

cablejockey

cablejockey

• Pip
  • 80 posts
I was surprised that Meatloaf's name didn't come out for firing after that awful volatile meltdown of his! And it over nothing! But it seemed that nobody liked Gary so they didnt care and tried to get Gary fired instead.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Actually the guys all said Richard Hatch should be fired because he didn't raise any money, it was only after Donald Trump pressed them into naming the weak link long term that they all mentioned Gary

Celebrity apprentice is very rarely about who should go but who is the least interesting

cablejockey

cablejockey

• Pip
  • 80 posts
I suppose thats true. So Meatloaf will be staying quite awhile. If bringing in big bucks is the only indicator of success in a challenge, then they should'nt have any celebrity on that has no rich friends or relatives!

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,799 posts
Hatch got railroaded!
(Great, now I will have to look up the origin of the expression.)

I can remember boardroom sessions where someone was defending a monumental screw-up they had made, which went on much longer.
In this case, Hatch did not actually screw-up, nor was he given the opportunity to say even one word in his defence.

Was Hatch the team member who contributed the least to the success of this task? My opinion is Yes.
Going forward, would he be the weakest player on Backbone? My opinion is No. (Gary Busey, indubitably.)
Should Hatch have been fired? My opinion is Yes. (Even though Canseco went home, he had no part in the task, so no Freebie.)
So ultimately, depriving Hatch of the opportunity makes no change to the result.
But it still would have been decent of Trump to let him have his day in court.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I honestly thought that with Canseco( and can I just say YAY that he is gone, (even if the reason he left is a bad one), and both teams did so well that Trump wouldn't fire anyone. When there was still 20 minutes left I knew that someone was going and I'm certainly not going to cry that it was Richard

Busey will go another day, we all know he won't be there for the finals

I'm kind of figuring that it will be John Rich and Star Jones (blech) at the end

TiaDonut

TiaDonut

• Pip
  • 154 posts
I'm hoping it will be John Rich and Marlee Maitlin for a rematch in the end. I was surprised by the large amount by which the women won last night, but thank goodness they finally did win!! lol I bet if John Rich does get the chance to redeem himself he'll be calling even more big hitters in Nashville.

I think Trump had already decided Hatch would be the one to go even before all had been pulled into the Board room. In fact that's probably true in most cases, that he decides before anything is even told to the teams. Then he asks questions until it becomes logical that his choice is the correct one. lol I'm sure he's changed his mind or been swayed when on the fence with someone, but for the most part I think he knows what he's going to do before he even says who has won.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,210 posts
I don't really care for John Rich (never heard of him before this) so I am glad that His Smugness lost. Meatloaf needs to get his money back from the anger management course he allegedly attended. That was totally rude and uncomfortable to watch. I understand that Gary Busey could drive the pope crazy but hey; that was an attack. Jose Canseco was never really there, anyway. I hope he got paid. Sorry about his dad. That sucks.

Richard Hatch was pretty forceful early-on but that fizzled to a whisper. Meatloaf should have been fired imo. He's an ass.

I like Star Jones okay on the show. I'm hoping I get to see her tell Nene to shut the hell up or something.

I agree that Generalissimo Trump pretty much knows the road he's headed down prior to the final finger point.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I missed the actual Meatloaf blowup because the big storms knocked out the satellite for a bit, but I did see the end of it and then that he apologized later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users