Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Any Way to Change Username?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Shari

Shari

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I was just wondering if there is any way to change your username / display name, without having to register with a new email address??

I did find Display Name History under Profile, but couldn't find where to change it?

l1zz1e

l1zz1e

• Pip
  • 415 posts
Help Topic: Your Settings
You can access your settings from any page by selecting your name at the top of the screen and then selecting "My Settings".

There are several tabs along the top, each of which reveal a number of settings pages:

Settings

General Settings

•Privacy Options
Here you can configure whether to subscribe to email updates from the board administrator, and whether to allow other members to send you emails

•Time Zone
Here you can configure your time zone. This is necessary to ensure that times across the community are shown correctly.

•Personal Messenger Options
Here you can choose to disable your personal messenger, or configure how you would like to be notified when you receive a new message.

•Posting Settings
Here you can configure global posting settings such as the visual text editor which makes formatting be shown as it will appear when posted, and the flash uploader which makes uploading multiple files quicker and easier.

Change Email Address
You can use this tool to change the email address that is associated with your account.

Change Password
You can use this tool to change the password that you use to log in.

Change Display Name
Depending on your permissions, you may be able to use this tool to change your display name which is used across the community.

Manage Notes
You may use this area to store any notes or information that you want to keep.

Manage Attachments
This page will show you all of the attachments you have uploaded to the community and the amount of space you have left. The bar at the top shows you how much of your allocated upload space you have used. Below this is a table containing information on all of the attachments you have submitted.

If you are running out of space, you can delete some old attachments by selecting the checkbox on the right-hand side of the table for the attachments you want to delete, and then pressing the Delete Selected button at the bottom of the table.

Shari

Shari

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My Settings > General Settings page looks different than yours and I don't see the option listed???

Attached Files

l1zz1e

l1zz1e

• Pip
  • 415 posts
no, that's what my page looks like.

what I posted was from the 'help' section, the section I highlighted indicated to me that we don't have permission to change our name.

sorry, maybe someone else knows more?

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
As far as I know you have to ask Morty. BB season is not the time to ask Morty LOL

My suggestion is wait till after BB and ask him to change it.

Shari

Shari

• Pip
  • 6 posts

As far as I know you have to ask Morty. BB season is not the time to ask Morty LOL

My suggestion is wait till after BB and ask him to change it.

LOL! You are probably right! Oh well...

Shari

Shari

• Pip
  • 6 posts

no, that's what my page looks like.

what I posted was from the 'help' section, the section I highlighted indicated to me that we don't have permission to change our name.

sorry, maybe someone else knows more?

Yes, I read that in help too and thought the same thing. Just figured they wouldn't have a username "history" if there wasn't some way to change it?? Thanks for your help, tho. Much appreciated!

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,813 posts
I could give it a try.
I'll send you a PM.
Just answer it with what you would like your name changed to (and why).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users