Monet - Week 2

CeCiMom

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. That "1200" was priceless though. As much as I want to like Monet and give her a chance, she is kinda dumb. Question is, is she dumb enough to stay a target with Britney, or will she be smart enough to leave her catty a** and join another alliance? We shall see (if Monet doesn't get evicted). Fingers crossed. Don't tell me yet. I don't want to know.

I imagine Monet as having been brought up in a very sheltered but structured and loving home. Upper middle class and always a part of the popular crowd. I really don't think she'd be a total mean girl away from Britney. She's still pretty much a kid, thus the childish actions, and still trying to find her niche to fit in. She'll eventually grow up.

Brit, on the other hand, is just an entitled little witch who's used to getting everything handed to her on a silver platter. She'll always be childish because she's never had to grow up and she doesn't plan to. She completely expects to always be loved by everyone (this is why she's having such a hard time understanding why she's not being loved in the house) and always be taken care of by her parents and/or that boy she's got on the hook. One of these days, her little world just might come crashing down around her. I feel very sorry for her.

jmho

I haven't read all the Monet posts yet...but what I thought was really funny about her saying 1200 seconds is that she was one of the last ones out of the competition! She dropped her case at 1 hour and 15 minutes...that's 55 minutes longer than 1200 seconds (20 minutes)! How long does she think a second lasts?

At least she didn't drop her case at 725 ...;)

I haven't read all the Monet posts yet...but what I thought was really funny about her saying 1200 seconds is that she was one of the last ones out of the competition! She dropped her case at 1 hour and 15 minutes...that's 55 minutes longer than 1200 seconds (20 minutes)! How long does she think a second lasts?

At least she didn't drop her case at 725 ...;)

Yeah. Lol. Let's review our math skills a little, Monet before speaking aloud.

But yet funny?

I guess to some.

I think Deni is suggesting nervous laughter as opposed to laughing out loud. You know how people laugh when something sounds abrupt, or whatever, cause they're like, "Golly..."

Yes and I didn't want to seem too harsh or confrontational, but still wanted to express how I felt about the joke.

I guess to some.

Yes and I didn't want to seem too harsh or confrontational, but still wanted to express how I felt about the joke.

You think it's a funny racially offensive joke, is the way I understood your response.

Me, I didn't find it funny...just mildly offensive. I see no similarities in Chima and Monet.

You think it's a funny racially offensive joke, is the way I understood your response.

Me, I didn't find it funny...just mildly offensive. I see no similarities in Chima and Monet.

You misunderstand.

No, actually I don't think it's funny. I used LOL because I was amused at how racially offensive it was and the fact that the person who said it didn't think twice about saying it. Also, I guess it was only mildly offensive, because I did not want to come off as being confrontational. People get their panties in a bunch if you suggest they are in any way being racist in what they say or do, whether they are racist or not.

But, from now on I will say what I think without worrying about ruffling feathers, since it seems if I try not to ruffle feathers, other feathers get ruffled.

Yep, Chima was a racist .Monet has shown nothing to suggest that at all .

Chima was a huge racist and I found nothing offensive in stevea11 comment. Been posting with him a long time and have never been offended by anything he says, I found it humerous. Chima was sooo contradictory in most of what she did say and she really came down hard on Russell, the girl had issues. Monet? I dont think we have even had time to see who she is other than a spoiled brat, I dont even know why she cam eon BB if she is just gonna cry cry cry for getting put on the block, this is BB not a Sunday school picnic, just sayin. Hope She goes tonight.

Chima was a huge racist and I found nothing offensive in stevea11 comment. Been posting with him a long time and have never been offended by anything he says, I found it humerous. Chima was sooo contradictory in most of what she did say and she really came down hard on Russell, the girl had issues. Monet? I dont think we have even had time to see who she is other than a spoiled brat, I dont even know why she cam eon BB if she is just gonna cry cry cry for getting put on the block, this is BB not a Sunday school picnic, just sayin. Hope She goes tonight.

And, see I didn't find Chima as a racist at all. Even with the terrorist comment. I felt the terrorist comment came from the fact that Russell was terrorizing anyone that crossed him in that house, Ronnie comes to mind and Chima as well. If she were racist, why did she make out with him and associate with the other races in the house?

But, if you didn't find what stevea11 posted as being racially offensive, it stands to reason that you have never been offended by anything he says. As a black person, I do not find what he said or the smiley, to be humorous. The only thing humorous about it was the fact that he felt he could say it without offending anyone.

And for the record in the past 10 seasons, someone who got put on the block has cried. Including Brit, Rachel and Annie from this cast. So Monet is not some special case. Just sayin...

And, see I didn't find Chima as a racist at all. Even with the terrorist comment. I felt the terrorist comment came from the fact that Russell was terrorizing anyone that crossed him in that house, Ronnie comes to mind and Chima as well. If she were racist, why did she make out with him and associate with the other races in the house?

But, if you didn't find what stevea11 posted as being racially offensive, it stands to reason that you have never been offended by anything he says. As a black person, I do not find what he said or the smiley, to be humorous. The only thing humorous about it was the fact that he felt he could say it without offending anyone.

And for the record in the past 10 seasons, someone who got put on the block has cried. Including Brit, Rachel and Annie from this cast. So Monet is not some special case. Just sayin...

I am well aware of who has cried when on the block or not , you do not have to school me. This is a board where most of us have been posting for yrs, pretty much know our personalities and do not take that stuff personal, it's a BB message board where we are allowed to say our opinions, I seriously do not think Stevea11 was sending out a racist post, so you said you didnt think it was funny, that is your opinion, and anyone else can feel how they want to as well

Archived